shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of my dream ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DuckLovingVegan

Shiny_Rock
I was talking to b/f and I asked him whenever he decided to pop the question if I could help pick out the ring. Of course his response was no it''s suppose to be a suprise blah blah blah. He did say I could give him a hints or just show him what I want. I thought I knew what I wanted and I changed my mind multiple times but then I saw a tension ring and fell in love. I love the sculpture of the design and the elegante and simplicity of it. Also I want a unique ring to show of my hopefully pear center stone. Anyway I''m stuck between two rings to show him. I liked the first one a lot at first but it''s really bulky and not as feminine as I would like but I like the side stones in it. I''m really starting to love the second ring the most because it''s so simple and elegante and there are no side stones to take away from the beauty of the pear. I also love I guess the etching on the side of the ring I think it give is detail. They are gelin abaci settings.

TR-137.jpg

DuckLovingVegan

Shiny_Rock
Here is the second ring.

TR-076.jpg

KittyGolightly

Brilliant_Rock
I like the one with the metal texture too. Very cool looking. :)

What sort of wedding band would you pair with that type of ring?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can those be made for a pear center stone?

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I like both but I like the second one best.

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/8/2010 7:56:04 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Can those be made for a pear center stone?

Probably. I have a ring that looks a bit like this with a chubby pear in it. MIne isn''t actually tension set, but it it has a similar shape to it.

sapphirepulse

Rough_Rock
Oh wow, I really like those. Of course, the swirl is my favorite style anyway.
3.gif
I'm curious how it would look with a pear-shaped stone, though, that would be really visually interesting - especially with the metal etching on the second one. I understand what you mean about the first one, it does seem bulky. I personally like solitaires simply because the diamond is the "star."

I think you should go with your gut and show your BF the second one if you really love it, so he knows that's the style you like. With that type of setting though, you have to watch out for wedding bands, if you want to wear them together. I had to have mine custom made to fit with the e-ring. My FI didn't anticipate this problem, so your BF might not either. Just my thoughts! Good luck!

DuckLovingVegan

Shiny_Rock
I want to do a wedding band but I don'' want it as big as the e-ring. Maybe something that just wraps around with diamonds. I saw a tension setting with a pear and it looked really good. I called up one of the vendors of the ring and he called the company and they said they could make it with a pear. Keeping my fingers crossed that bf gets the ring.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
very interesting settings - particularly the second one - I love the texture :)

DuckLovingVegan

Shiny_Rock
I''m now stuck between the center stone. I normally hate round dimaonds but in the setting the round dimaond looks breath taking. I don''t know how a pear would look with the swirl around it. I hate to get it with the pear and I don''t like it. What do you guys think?

RaiKai

Brilliant_Rock
You may want to consider getting a false-tension setting (has the look of a tension from above, but is not a true tension set) - as you won't be able to ever re-size a true tension setting if you need to (i.e. if your fingers ever swell due to pregnancy, illness, or other weight gains or losses). You never know. My weight and figure has remained the same since high school as has my ring size I am almost 31) as I am pretty athletic and healthy...however....not to be dire as I don't think of it that way but unfortunately cancer runs in my family at early ages and I never know. My mothers ring size changed a half-size or so due to side effects of her cancer treatments (she was in her 40's when she was diagnosed) and never went back again to the same ring size - though her weight did go back to the same again! Then again others may have their weight fluctuate and their ring size stay the same all throughout!

If you are open to resets this may not be an issue...but if you plan on not upgrading then this is just something to consider.

KittyGolightly

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/9/2010 1:47:17 PM
Author: DuckLovingVegan
I''m now stuck between the center stone. I normally hate round dimaonds but in the setting the round dimaond looks breath taking. I don''t know how a pear would look with the swirl around it. I hate to get it with the pear and I don''t like it. What do you guys think?
So, would the pear be set north-south in the setting? Or would the point somehow be exposed? I think it has the potential to look really cool, but I think I would ask the vendor if they had a photo to help you decide.

I really like the look of that round stone in the setting though. It has a very cool, organic effect.

Wow, I really love the 2nd one! I think both are really pretty but the 2nd one is really unique and more delicate looking.

Also, I''m guessing by your name, you''re a vegan? It''s always nice to meet fellow vegans!
41.gif

DuckLovingVegan

Shiny_Rock
Yes I''m a new vegan I love it but I keep making mistakes and eating stuff with diary I''m still learning. It''s great to meet another vegan I don''t any really got to work on that. I know that the tension setting can''t be resized. Actually they can it will cost you a hundred bucks they have to make a whole new ring but that''s a price i''m willing to pay. I think if i decide to do a pear it would be with the point going down but I''m leaning a lot more to the round shape. As the other poster said it does look more organic and I love how it just wraps around it. I was think of setting it with a 0.80 SI2 eye clean heart and arrow round stone providing my b/f remembers the specs.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results