shape
carat
color
clarity

What a lovely day.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bobbin

Shiny_Rock
I had such an amazing day today. I had organised to have lunch with a couple of my friends and then SO wanted to spend some time with me in the afternoon. I suggested that I drop him off before lunch at his friends place (the place we used to live in) with our pup as it was nearby where I was having lunch so that afterwards I would be able to go there and we could go for a walk down near the river as it is such a lovely spot and one of his favourit memories of us is our walk down near there a few months ago.

Lunch was really nice, it was at a hippy little cafe. These particular friends and I have all gone through a lot this year and sometimes our meetings can be a bit sad and sorry, but today was much better and the food was good.

I then went and met SO. We went for the walk down near the Torrens and then on the way back he said he wanted to walk along some back streets. I agreed and we set off down one of them. It was really close to where we had our first kiss so I suggested that we go there. When we got there we sat down and had a drink. It was annoying as there were all these ants on the ground.

Then SO turns to me and starts telling me how much he loves me, how he is so committed to me and he wants in me in his life forever and we kissed a bit. Then he suddenly blurts out "Will you marry me?" I just smiled and looked at him, so he followed up withb "I''m completely seriously here." I said I know and then said yes. He slipped the ring on my finger and then asked me again, he said because the first time was too quiet. After a few more kisses In teasingly said "You didn''t get down on one knee, what''s with that!" He said, I can do it again if you want, I insisted that he didn''t need to but he said he wanted to, so he got down on one knee and asked me yet again. So he asked me to marry him three times, and I said yes three times. And now we are engaged!!!!

He had planned to do it there, but had not had any idea of how to get me there. Luckily for him I suggested it all so he didn''t have to worry about it!

I cannot believe this has finally happened! I have been wanting this for almost two years. I was on the LIW list for over a year before taking myself off it in May this year. It is still sinking in!

We haven''t told anyone yet (except for you lovely ladies) because we want to tell my parents and his parents in person first. His parents live out of town so it will be a week before I can start telling my friends.

Oh, and some pictures.. I am not very good at being artistic or taking good macro pictures, but here are some I have taken so far..

bobbin

Shiny_Rock
Sorry, forgot to attach the pictures!

First handshot:

bobbin123.jpg

bobbin

Shiny_Rock
Ring on the bracelet FI (hee hee) gave me for my 21st.

bobbin123456.jpg

Lozza

Shiny_Rock
Wow, Congratulations! And I love your ring (I''m getting a sapphire too!).

It''s also nice to see another fellow Aussie :)

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations, bobbin
36.gif

What a beautiful proposal story. I hope you enjoy this special, secret week with your fiance before you get to share your wonderful news!

katomm

Shiny_Rock
CONGRATS!!!!

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS!!! And what a sweet story and beautiful ring! Enjoy this time and good luck planning the next step!

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Yayyyy! I love that he asked you three times! And the ring is really unique!

36.gif

On a side note, I have that same style of bracelet from my BF also.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
YAY! Congratulations, bobbin!!!

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Woo-hoo!!! Congrats!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sweeet! You ring is such a beautiful color! Congratulations!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
9.gif
36.gif
CONGRATS ON YOUR ENGAGEMENT!!
36.gif
[
9.gif
:appl:]

What a beautiful ring!!!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Wow! That sure was a lovely day! Congrats to you. I love the ring, it''s very pretty.

crossmyfingers

Shiny_Rock
Congrats bobbin! Your ring is so unique and pretty, and that sounds like a great day. :)

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Yay
36.gif
36.gif
congrats Bobbin, im very happy for you
9.gif
Gorgeous proposal and ring by the way, that sapphire is beautiful...can you tell us about it?!
30.gif
30.gif

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
YAY!!!

Congratulations Bobbin! Your ring looks gorgeous!

Your fiance is a sweet guy x3

blueberrydot

Shiny_Rock
That reminds me of Princess Diana''s engagement ring! Your fiance obviously has good taste
2.gif
It''s beautiful, congratulations!

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
congratulations! have fun telling your family and friends
5.gif
you have a wonderful story to tell them

bobbin

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/17/2009 11:42:48 AM
Author: Blackpaw
Yay
36.gif
36.gif
congrats Bobbin, im very happy for you
9.gif
Gorgeous proposal and ring by the way, that sapphire is beautiful...can you tell us about it?!
30.gif
30.gif

Sure!

Natural Ceylon Sapphire
1 carat
6.80mm x 4.90mm x 3.10mm
The valuation says "cleanish clarity".
Slightly mauvish medium to good dark blue color

Twelve H SI Diamonds
0.36 carats TCW

Thanks for your congratulations everyone!

To make yesterday an even better day I missed a call from Legal Aid about an interview for my dream job. I will have to call them back today after 9.

Amzizzle

Shiny_Rock
Congrats! that is such a sweet story. Oh and a gorgeous ring!

babycush

Shiny_Rock
Trade
That is just gorgeous! That is so cute that he asked three times, I mean why not?? He''s probably been holding it in so long that he just needed to say it over again. CONGRATS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results