shape
carat
color
clarity

We bought a diamond...

Phdecorate

Shiny_Rock
Love the ruby idea and so excited for you! Can't wait to see the finished product. Is your message engraving going to be a surprise for each other or will you put the same thing in both? Have you decided?

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
maebelle|1334256775|3169423 said:
sphene.jpg il_570xN.202380472.jpg

It's a yellow sphene set by Daniel M on etsy, I can't wear it often, or if I'm doing ANYTHING with my hands, since sphene is so soft, but I love it. It throws off giant sparks of red and green in the sun.

And I love the idea of secret stones on the inside of bands. I'm sure it'll turn out beautifully!

Hah, cute! I had Dan M make the original Sholdt replica (with claw prongs, though) of that for my pink tourmaline because I fell totally in love with the Sholdt as a solitaire a lonnnnnnng time ago. I love it!!

Here's mine:

file.jpg

file.jpg

audball

Ideal_Rock
Phdecorate|1334337027|3170240 said:
Love the ruby idea and so excited for you! Can't wait to see the finished product. Is your message engraving going to be a surprise for each other or will you put the same thing in both? Have you decided?
Thanks!! We hadn't talked too much about the engraving, other than that we want to. I'll bring it up and see what he thinks. Part of me would LOVE the surprise, but I think it would make him really anxious so we'll probably end up choosing together. There are a few things we always say to each other where one says something and the other repeats back their part. So we may do one of our little sayings so that they go together to be the whole thing.

John told me yesterday that it should only be about 4 weeks! Eek! :-o

audball

Ideal_Rock
star sparkle|1334337870|3170246 said:
Hah, cute! I had Dan M make the original Sholdt replica (with claw prongs, though) of that for my pink tourmaline because I fell totally in love with the Sholdt as a solitaire a lonnnnnnng time ago. I love it!!

Here's mine:

file.jpg

file.jpg

I love yours too! Beautiful! :) :)

audball

Ideal_Rock
Update! Our ring should be in my hot little hands ONE WEEK from today!!! :love: :naughty: :errrr: :Up_to_something: :shock: :D

Phdecorate

Shiny_Rock
OMG!! Yay! How are you going to stand the wait until you can wear it on your finger??????

audball

Ideal_Rock
Phdecorate|1336483180|3190023 said:
OMG!! Yay! How are you going to stand the wait until you can wear it on your finger??????
I have ABSOLUTELY NO idea. I can only hope that once it gets here that the ring burns a hole in his pocket and he'll plan on doing it sooner than later! We can always have a longer engagement ;-) :naughty:

ETA: At this point I'm more worried about loving the finished product than when I'll get to wear it. I LOVE our stone. I LOVE the setting. I can just only hope that I love them together. I'm sooo nervous. I'm going to just feel an awful let down if it's not love when we open the box.

Phdecorate

Shiny_Rock
audball|1336483266|3190025 said:
Phdecorate|1336483180|3190023 said:
I have ABSOLUTELY NO idea. I can only hope that once it gets here that the ring burns a hole in his pocket and he'll plan on doing it sooner than later! We can always have a longer engagement ;-) :naughty:

ETA: At this point I'm more worried about loving the finished product than when I'll get to wear it. I LOVE our stone. I LOVE the setting. I can just only hope that I love them together. I'm sooo nervous. I'm going to just feel an awful let down if it's not love when we open the box.

It would be so exciting to get engaged sooner rather than later....

I am sure you will LOVE it!! Is he at least going to let you see it before he locks it away??

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
So exciting! :appl:

audball

Ideal_Rock
Phdecorate|1336483973|3190039 said:

I am sure you will LOVE it!! Is he at least going to let you see it before he locks it away??
Definitely. I HAVE to see it. I'll be a wreck if I don't. We agreed we'd open it together and keep it out of hiding for a few days. And then away it goes until he decides to pull it out and do his thing. Probably better that way. I told him we should have a try on every month though just to make sure it still fits (we're both losing weight). I'd hate to get it and have to send it away for resizing right away!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Thanks maebelle!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
audball|1336484824|3190047 said:
Phdecorate|1336483973|3190039 said:

Definitely. I HAVE to see it. I'll be a wreck if I don't. We agreed we'd open it together and keep it out of hiding for a few days. And then away it goes until he decides to pull it out and do his thing. Probably better that way. I told him we should have a try on every month though just to make sure it still fits (we're both losing weight). I'd hate to get it and have to send it away for resizing right away!

hahhaa sneaky, but clever!!! (and practical). can't wait for you to get your ring, I don't know how you're going to deal with the excitement of having it so close!!!!!

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
[quote="audball|1336484824|3190047"Definitely. I HAVE to see it. I'll be a wreck if I don't. We agreed we'd open it together and keep it out of hiding for a few days. And then away it goes until he decides to pull it out and do his thing. Probably better that way. I told him we should have a try on every month though just to make sure it still fits (we're both losing weight). I'd hate to get it and have to send it away for resizing right away![/quote]

Haha, great idea!! About a month ago I managed to get FF to pull my out so I could see it again after like 4 months of not seeing it, which was awesome but made me even more wistful.

I'm so excited for you to get yours! Take lots of pictures to share with us and also to tide you over during the intervening months. There are still days where I just sit and stare at the pictures of my ring since I don't actually have it on my finger yet, and that helps.

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
:appl: yay aud! How exciting, can't wait to see some pics!!

audball

Ideal_Rock
star sparkle|1336494688|3190139 said:
Haha, great idea!! About a month ago I managed to get FF to pull my out so I could see it again after like 4 months of not seeing it, which was awesome but made me even more wistful.

I'm so excited for you to get yours! Take lots of pictures to share with us and also to tide you over during the intervening months. There are still days where I just sit and stare at the pictures of my ring since I don't actually have it on my finger yet, and that helps.
I thought so ;-)

Andrew didn't even think it mattered to hide it. But I told him I wanted him too. Otherwise I'll be looking at it all.the.time and trying it on. Besides, if I know where it's 'hidden' (or not), I'll also know when it's gone missing and could ruin the surprise! I'll be taking photos for sure. I haven't decided whether or not I'll be posting them on PS. I'll probably do a few teasers at least. I'd just hate to go picture crazy and then lose the rush of wanting to share WHEN it actually happens. Everyone will be over it by then!

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
audball|1336497454|3190188 said:
I thought so ;-)

Andrew didn't even think it mattered to hide it. But I told him I wanted him too. Otherwise I'll be looking at it all.the.time and trying it on. Besides, if I know where it's 'hidden' (or not), I'll also know when it's gone missing and could ruin the surprise! I'll be taking photos for sure. I haven't decided whether or not I'll be posting them on PS. I'll probably do a few teasers at least. I'd just hate to go picture crazy and then lose the rush of wanting to share WHEN it actually happens. Everyone will be over it by then!

Girl, this is PS we're talking about here - NOBODY will EVER be "over" new pictures of gorgeous bling. I've posted tons of mine, and I still can't wait to take more pictures once I get the ring to share with everyone!

audball

Ideal_Rock
star sparkle|1336509910|3190389 said:
Girl, this is PS we're talking about here - NOBODY will EVER be "over" new pictures of gorgeous bling. I've posted tons of mine, and I still can't wait to take more pictures once I get the ring to share with everyone!
Haha, true. I'm probably over thinking it. I just want to elicit as excited a response when I actually get to wear is and be ENGAGED as it will when it arrives next week. If that makes any sense.

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
audball|1336575997|3191048 said:
star sparkle|1336509910|3190389 said:
Haha, true. I'm probably over thinking it. I just want to elicit as excited a response when I actually get to wear is and be ENGAGED as it will when it arrives next week. If that makes any sense.

I completely understand. I'm only going to post pictures for you ladies to see - just of the diamond alone and sitting on the setting. I know that I put so much into picking it out, but like Aud I feel like the fun will be gone if I do a photoshoot before it's "mine."

yes?

audball

Ideal_Rock
nicstx|1336583523|3191155 said:
I completely understand. I'm only going to post pictures for you ladies to see - just of the diamond alone and sitting on the setting. I know that I put so much into picking it out, but like Aud I feel like the fun will be gone if I do a photoshoot before it's "mine."

yes?
Exactly. I'm glad it makes sense to someone at least! You ladies have been super supportive so I will definitely be posting at least a teaser shot for you all! But I think I'll withhold going all out crazy until I can create an official, holy sh!t I'm ENGAGED and here are all of my HANDSHOTS!!! thread.

audball

Ideal_Rock
I just have my regular old point and shoot camera that I did my youtube videos and all the pics I've posted here on. It takes so effort, but it seems to work. ;-)

RebeccaMUA

Shiny_Rock
Audball, ladies who have the ring inside the house, how can you stand it?? I know for certain I would have gone ballistic if I had to wait to get my ring. I'm generally a pretty even tempered person, but with the ring all of that would go out the window!!

Audball, I hope hope hope he proposes sooner than later, and as you said, you can always have a long engagement (we are!)

*****DUST**** to perhaps an early engagement!!

audball

Ideal_Rock
I have no idea. It's not here yet and I'm already antsy. I'm just going to have to find a way to put it out of my mind.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
pandabee|1336586576|3191252 said:
nicstx|1336586490|3191248 said:
I'm already preparing for the onslaught of photos. I don't have a macro for my SLR... so I thought of these:

http://photojojo.com/store/awesomeness/cell-phone-lenses/

or this: http://photojojo.com/store/awesomeness/macro-lens-band/

I have a friend who has the trio set of lenses. He really likes them!

I bought one macro and wide lens clip for my iPhone off eBay for less than $10. There are some that are like $5, but I didn't want to wait for any purchases from outside the USA. It works great :) and the macro lens screws into the wide lens for easy storage.

ETA: Found the link. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...1&ssPageName=ADME:L:OU:US:1123#ht_1904wt_1061

//threadjack OVER.

audball

Ideal_Rock
Hahah. No thread jacking! ;-) I kid, I kid! It's my thread, do as you please! :bigsmile:

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
Audball, I am SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!

I have been lurking for long enough to see your story unfold (I know I know, I am a total creep!) and I'm just.. EEEEEEEEeeeeeeee!! So great. Also, your diamond is GORGEOUS, my goodness.

audball

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Chewie!I don't find it creepy at all. I lurked for 7+ months before I joined. So I'm coming up on 4 years as a member and 5 as a reader ;-)

I'm glad you love it! I can't wait to see it in person!

ETA: it being the final product, that is. I've seen both the diamond and the setting in person, just not together!

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
audball|1336595944|3191447 said:
Hahah. No thread jacking! ;-) I kid, I kid! It's my thread, do as you please! :bigsmile:

lol, i feel like we have a million different conversations going on in a million different threads!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Mico|1336654866|3191995 said:
audball|1336595944|3191447 said:

lol, i feel like we have a million different conversations going on in a million different threads!
Good thing we're all pretty easy going!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results