shape
carat
color
clarity

Updates, anyone?

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
YAYYYYYYY cygnet!!!!! So so happy for you and can't wait to look through these pictures!!!!

mandasand

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats Cygnet! Beautiful ring!

Um, I'm getting married in 16 days. Crazy!

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Gahhhhh it's GORGEOUS!!! And I love the otter story!!! Perfect! So glad you finally have a beautiful showcase for that beauty!

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
SO quiet around here!!! Geez!!!

Well, can't say I'm engaged BUT I did buy a new car!!! Meeeeow!!! :Up_to_something:

mercedes-benz_glk_13026.jpg

lktx

Shiny_Rock
^^ LOVE IT!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow…. that's some fancy car!!

nowicanseethemoon

Shiny_Rock
So, I have an update. As some of you know, the guy and I have been talking about getting married for awhile. Long story short, we've both been divorced and have baggage. And he especially is very afraid of "failing" (his word, not mine) again. Saturday night we were getting dinner ready and I asked him in conversation if he was ready to get married yet. He asked me if I was asking him to marry me. I said no because I don't think you'll say yes. He then said that I should ask him. So, I did (over raw chicken breasts - romantic huh) and he said yes. He said he'd been thinking a lot about it and you either need to get busy living or get busy dying and he wanted to get to living. I thought that was pretty sweet. So, I'm engaged! No ring, but we're working in that.

I found a lovely lower color 2.7 carat OEC that is just under the budget and now he says he thinks its too big. Not too expensive, but too big. I agree that it's a rock, but I have no comeback for its too big other than that I love it and think it would be elegant in a simple setting. I'm not tiny. I'm quite tall (5'10") and have very long fingers (size 5 3/4). I don't think a 2.7 ct solitaire would be over the top. Do you? Things just are never simple with us.

But aside from the ring hunt, I'm pretty excited about the engagement.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats! I'd say go for it. Sure, it's big, but if it's under budget, I'd do it too!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, how exciting, congratulations! Just wanted to say that I think that size stone would look awesome on you! Keep working on him!

nowicanseethemoon

Shiny_Rock
junebug17|1378852289|3518226 said:
Wow, how exciting, congratulations! Just wanted to say that I think that size stone would look awesome on you! Keep working on him!

I think he doesn't understand the visual difference of a lower color OEC vs a white MRB. And in my opinion the bling factor is totally different. It's a much softer look. He's not seen an actual OEC so I don't blame him for not understanding... And with a large purchase I suppose I can understand his reluctance to "just trust me." :twirl: I'm working on him. Hopefully he'll come around.

Thanks for the congratulations, ladies.

Stephny691

Shiny_Rock
That's fantastic! Congratulations on your engagement :appl:

I say take him to view the rock and let him make his mind up then, he might loves it once he sees it on you and sees how happy it makes you.

Whatever happens- congratulations again, wishing the both of you a wonderful marriage!

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
NOWICANSEETHEMOON! I just came in here to check on my gals and YOU ARE ENGAGED! CONGRATULATIONS! :appl: I love your story. I think that is so sweet. 2.7 carats seems big but I thought my 1.4 OEC was huge and now that its been on my finger... I feel like its a tad small... eeek. Don't tell SO.

Can you bring him with you to go look at it? I totally agree that its not the same as a 2.7 MRB. Also, you could check into setting it low. That seems to help in all the ones I have seen. I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU BOTH! KEEP US POSTED! :love:

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

nowicanseethemoon

Shiny_Rock
I'm hoping we can agree to have it shipped from OWD with the understanding that if we both don't love it, we return it and ask Adam to find us something else. That seems reasonable doesn't it?

Thanks for the congratulations. It really doesn't seem real. :twirl:

alma123

Rough_Rock
nowicanseethemoon - all I can say is that 2.71 is a heck of a deal (if such things exist in the diamond world!)! I think that diamond size would be absolutely perfect for someone of your stature. Congratulations on your engagement! I loved you story!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ONE MORE WEEK TIL I START GRAD SCHOOL!

And I'm sorta freaking out. Poo.
There's my update.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
nowicanseethemoon|1378821089|3517845 said:
So, I have an update. As some of you know, the guy and I have been talking about getting married for awhile. Long story short, we've both been divorced and have baggage. And he especially is very afraid of "failing" (his word, not mine) again. Saturday night we were getting dinner ready and I asked him in conversation if he was ready to get married yet. He asked me if I was asking him to marry me. I said no because I don't think you'll say yes. He then said that I should ask him. So, I did (over raw chicken breasts - romantic huh) and he said yes. He said he'd been thinking a lot about it and you either need to get busy living or get busy dying and he wanted to get to living. I thought that was pretty sweet. So, I'm engaged! No ring, but we're working in that.

I found a lovely lower color 2.7 carat OEC that is just under the budget and now he says he thinks its too big. Not too expensive, but too big. I agree that it's a rock, but I have no comeback for its too big other than that I love it and think it would be elegant in a simple setting. I'm not tiny. I'm quite tall (5'10") and have very long fingers (size 5 3/4). I don't think a 2.7 ct solitaire would be over the top. Do you? Things just are never simple with us.

But aside from the ring hunt, I'm pretty excited about the engagement.

Where do you live? Where do you work? Will you, as the wearer, give a rat's behind? I can understand feeling self-conscious about something larger. Its going to be large, that's for sure. If YOU feel comfortable and happy, and it fits his budget, I think you both have your win-win! :appl:

I can't wait to hear more about this. Pics please!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
nowicanseethemoon|1379034700|3519792 said:
I'm hoping we can agree to have it shipped from OWD with the understanding that if we both don't love it, we return it and ask Adam to find us something else. That seems reasonable doesn't it?

Thanks for the congratulations. It really doesn't seem real. :twirl:

Congrats love! Yes, I think that is the best way to go. You never really know how you will like an oldie until you see it with your own eyes.

No updates...we went on a trip to SF over the weekend to visit one of my good friends and to watch the football game. We were supposed to go with a friend but he ended up cancelling last minute so it was just the two of us. Unfortunately, it was not that romantic of a trip as there were all these mishaps (I am going to blame it on it being Friday the 13th) but it was also our first real trip/vacation together (we've gone on road trips/weddings a few hours away at most).

First, our layover on the way out to SF got delayed for a few hours due to fog. They also overbooked our plane and asked if people who had flexible travel plans would like to be reassigned to the next flight which was 2 hours after we were supposed to depart. I had already booked a bus tour for the afternoon which we were probably just barely going to make, and then with the possible delay I was scrambling to figure out what else we could do since we only had a short time in SF. Well S asks me if we should go up and take the later flight since they were offering $300 flight voucher for people who offered to switch their trip and since I was frazzled and trying to figure out something else for us to do slash cancel our bus tour, I wasn't really listening and we missed our opportunity to get free tickets (for our next trip, as long as S is still willing haha). He told this story a few times already on our trip and blames me. I tell him that it's nice that he asks me for permission, but I trust him and next time if there's an opportunity to save some money he should go ahead and do it without having to ask me!

Then, while waiting for the shuttle from the airport to the hotel, we get confused because there are two hotels that sound similar: a Marriott Water Front and a Courtyard Marriott Oyster Point Water Front, both of which are operated by the same company obviously, and we had been waiting for a while so I wasn't reading as carefully and the driver was not all that helpful. Anyway, so we get to the hotel to try and check in and they can't find our reservation but somehow when I got the confirmation number they were able to figure out that we had reserved rooms at the other hotel. Oy vey. So we took a $20 cab ride which was about 10 min away to get to the correct hotel. It was not nearly as nice looking lol.

After we set our stuff down, we called the front desk to ask them to call a cab for us so we could get down to Fisherman's Wharf so we could explore a little and get some food. We waited a few minutes, then we go down to the lobby. Then we wait another 30 minutes. Finally a car pulls up and the concierge motions that this is the town car. Huh? I don't see a taxi....turns out it is the hotel's private town car (a Mercedes) and we get in the car which is just a guy driving with his iPhone docked to the windshield, no meter or special license or anything. SO bizarre. Anyways, we get to the Wharf okay and have dinner which was nice. So at least dinner was uneventful.

We went on a submarine tour (because S is a huge dork but I love him) which was actually pretty cool. We did the guided tour and they talked about the torpedoes on the ship, the lack of water, and what the crew did when they all lived in such close quarters. Towards the end they had a guestbook they wanted visitors to sign, and S signed it "S and pandabee *hislastname*" and I was like WHAT are we married now all of a sudden and he just has a big dorky grin. dawwwwwwwwww. Then my friend met up with us and took us down the winding criss cross diagonal road on the hill, then to the Golden Gate Bridge (which was pretty much all S wanted to see as far as sightseeing) which was just around sunset and it was windy but oh so pretty. Yay!

Next day, we wanted to get up early (since we were still on east coast time) to go see the sea lions lounging around the wharf. Unfortunately, we decided that since getting around was such a hassle (and apparently I booked the wrong hotel anyway because S had told me to book the Courtyard Marriott in the financial district which would have been closer downtown) we waited for my friend to come pick us up. We went to Chinatown which was super packed because they were celebrating the Moon Festival early, then we waited in line for **1 and 1/2 HOURS** for egg tarts and mooncakes which were delicious but not worth waiting that long for lol. Then we went to Mama's which again was a decent breakfast but not worth the waiting...of which my friend had already waited an hour for (while we were waiting at the bakery) by the time we met up with her so that makes 2 hours total. S was not happy as he did not want to spend his entire vacation waiting (which is already one of his least favorite things to do).

After breakfast, we finally make our way off to the game, but since my friend drove, she wanted to park at a friend's house. So met at his house, took the bus to the BART station, then took the BART down to Berkeley. Went to a bar and had a couple drinks then we were off to the game! However this was when disaster struck...after about a quarter of the game, I started feeling kinda dizzy and super hot. I only had 1 shot and about 1 glass of beer (in that order) so I had no idea why I would be so sick but I was losing it. I made it out of the seats and to the bathroom which was luckily right outside, but eventually we left just after halftime because it just wouldn't stop. Even in the car ride back to the hotel (we met up with some other friends who did end up driving to the game) it was not pretty. So I felt awful that S and I had flown out all the way across the country to have some fun and watch a game and I was just sick the whole time. Huge party pooper. Our flight was at 6am yesterday so it wasn't like we had any other time to really do anything fun to make up for it. But he is a trooper for sticking with me and trying to make me not feel as bad about being sick. So if you read all that, that was my should have been but not actually that much fun weekend!!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Eek, I'm sorry so many things went wrong during your trip! Sorry you got so sick :(sad I've yet to visit SF's Chinatown. YEAH,IKNORITE? I'm dying to compare their egg tarts to 85 degrees' egg tarts. There are 4 branches in my area, and they make theirs Portuguese style (the crust is flaky and almost croissant-like instead of like a pie-crust) with a thin layer of mochi that's barely noticeable between the egg custard and the pastry. Mmm! Was the submarine tour a tour of that jail thing?

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
madelise|1379398770|3522146 said:
Eek, I'm sorry so many things went wrong during your trip! Sorry you got so sick :(sad I've yet to visit SF's Chinatown. YEAH,IKNORITE? I'm dying to compare their egg tarts to 85 degrees' egg tarts. There are 4 branches in my area, and they make theirs Portuguese style (the crust is flaky and almost croissant-like instead of like a pie-crust) with a thin layer of mochi that's barely noticeable between the egg custard and the pastry. Mmm! Was the submarine tour a tour of that jail thing?

Yeah I didn't know it was "Portuguese" style but it was a flaky crust, not like pie crust like the ones I've had at the local bakery. I didn't notice a mochi layer but I did kind of scarf it down right after we got done waiting in line haha. There are 85 degrees all over Taiwan when I went and I didn't find them all that impressive in general. It wasn't a tour of the jail but it was near Pier 45 I think on the wharf. There was a good view of Alcatraz from the pier when we walked by from the place we went to dinner at (off Pier 39) to the submarine.

little_birdie

Rough_Rock
Not much of an update, but my bf asked me to show him what sort of rings I would like out of nowhere and then hasn't brought it up again!
Maybe it means he'll start to look into it? But now I can't bring it up again because he doesn't want to talk to me about it anymore. I find it a bit of a struggle because I didn't show him much (I only just started looking then) and I'm worried he doesn't really know what I like!
I guess we'll know at some point how he went..

Stephny691

Shiny_Rock
little_birdie|1380014765|3526180 said:
Not much of an update, but my bf asked me to show him what sort of rings I would like out of nowhere and then hasn't brought it up again!
Maybe it means he'll start to look into it? But now I can't bring it up again because he doesn't want to talk to me about it anymore. I find it a bit of a struggle because I didn't show him much (I only just started looking then) and I'm worried he doesn't really know what I like!
I guess we'll know at some point how he went..

That's a good sign! Maybe he just wanted some definite no-no's but is confident about choosing one by himself?

It's all go around here all of a sudden isn't it?!

nowicanseethemoon

Shiny_Rock
So, we are FINALLY getting the diamond to look at and he tells me he just wants me to like it! We've agreed on a simple solitaire from OWD as well so I should have a ring soon (and hopefully diamond pictures this week)!!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium

nowicanseethemoon

Shiny_Rock

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
It happened!!!

My fiancé (what the heck? that sounds so weird!!) asked me to marry him yesterday while on vacay in the mountains! I'll get to posting the story soon.

For now, some ring teasers!!

524c5399.png

img_20130930_131326.png

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! The ring is gorgeous! I love love love rose gold. Can't wait to read the story!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Ah congrats!!!! It's gorgeous and looks huge on you! Love the inside milgrain next to the smooth bezel.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results