shape
carat
color
clarity

Total Shocker!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aggiebling09

Shiny_Rock
Soooo...I guess I'm off the LIW list sooner that I had expected! FI (!!) proposed Friday night
30.gif
He told me at 3:45 to be ready in 2 hours. But I hadn't been feeling 100% so I just stayed on the couch and decided to hop in the shower a 5. When he got to my apartment to pick me up I wasn't ready and he wasn't happy lol. I didn't see what the big deal was...we never go to dinner that early and I'm always late. He said he was really hungry and sat on my couch pouting. I didn't really think anything of it and got ready in 30 minutes. (and apologized
12.gif
) We got to the restaurant and had a 30 minute wait...which made him even more anxious. Also, while we were sitting at the bar a waitress spilled a shaker right under my feet. (I don't know how it didn't get on me.) Once we got to our table I noticed that J was eating super fast! He also got a phone call from a "friend he met at football camp." The guy wanted us to meet up with him where he was staying, the Traditions dorm. (where FI and I met in the laundry room lol) J is always making friends so once again I didn't really think anything of it. I was kind of excited to go inside since it has been almost 3 years. As we were walking up to the side entrance I said, "how are we going to get in? We don't have an access card." J replies, "Well maybe someone will open it for us." We got up to the door and there was a water bottle propped up to keep it open. This is when I got nervous. We walked down the hall...towards the laundry room... and I could see rose petals. He had to pull me in the room and I kept saying "OMG what are you doing? I can't believe this!" There were flowers and candles everywhere...it was so beautiful!! He had 4 of his friends from football set it all up...exactly to his specifications. I can't believe he did all of this for me! Of course I said yes and then we went out with friends to celebrate
30.gif
10.gif

Now that I look back at it, I'm really surprised that I didn't even cry. It was such an out of body experience. I wish all of you ladies the best of luck!! I started on the list at #129 and now I'm signing out at #69. Hopefully your stay will be short and sweet.

As for the ring...It's a simple 6-prong solitaire with my great-grandmother's 1.19ct diamond. It's such a sparkler! I'll post pics in the SMTR thread soon!

Here's the set up of the laundry room. My mom loves how colorful it was! (he even used purple and pink...my favorite colors)

laundry room.JPG

aggiebling09

Shiny_Rock
here''s a picture of him on one knee...that''s his brother filming in the background.

one knee.JPG

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
That is such an amazingly sweet story! I love it when guys make special plans and get all nervous about them! I bet he was nervous about his football buddies setting it up lol Congratulations! I will be searching for your SMTR thread soon.
1.gif

lovesparklies

Shiny_Rock
That''s SO cute that he got his football buddies to help him decorate the laundry room. Definitely a keeper!
36.gif
Congrats!

aggiebling09

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Indy! I''ve posted some pics here. J knows how much I love diamonds...here''s a pic of the candle holders that he got at Michaels! (it cracks me up!)

aggieblingcandle.JPG

aggiebling09

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/13/2008 4:53:22 PM
Author: lovesparklies
That''s SO cute that he got his football buddies to help him decorate the laundry room. Definitely a keeper!
36.gif
Congrats!
lol I know! Apparently he had VERY detailed instructions for them. Yesterday FI said he was impressed with how well they did. I guess we all have a little Martha in us
28.gif

cutiegirl84

Shiny_Rock
That is so sweet! I love how he proposed where you met. Definitely a keeper! Congratulations on your engagement :)

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
wow! i think that''s one of the cutest stores i''ve ever heard! congratulations
9.gif
36.gif
! it sounds like you have a major sweetie of a FI!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw, that is so sweet that he planned it the way he did, and he has some very special friends to help out like that! Congratulations!

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/13/2008 4:53:46 PM
Author: aggiebling09
Thanks Indy! I''ve posted some pics here. J knows how much I love diamonds...here''s a pic of the candle holders that he got at Michaels! (it cracks me up!)
OMG those candleholders are HILARIOUS! The funny thing is that they would have been so gaudy in other settings but for a proposal like his they are incredibly adorable! I can picture him and his buddies at the craft store debating about whether to put anything engagement related in their cart haha I love the pink color of the petals!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
awww such a sweet and heart thought proposal what a sweetie :)

Congratulations to you both :D, the ring is beautiful :)

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!!Can''t wait to see the ring!!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aww what a lovely proposal! Congratulations on your engagement!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my God, this is the CUTEST proposal! What a sweet, thoughtful boy you have! Congratulations!

P.S. Those candle holders are AMAZING and hilarious! SOOOOO cute that he bought those!

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
That is A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E.! How thoughtful of him, and how very personal. Thanks for sharing with us!

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
awwww, I''m an Aggie (class of ''02), so I think your proposal story is especially cute!

Congratulations!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
What an incredibly sweet proposal! So real and down to earth - you can''t get better! Congrats on your engagement!!!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
This proposal is just too sweet. He did such a good job planning that for you! CONGRATULATIONS!

I saw your SMTR thread, and your ring is so pretty and classy. Have so much fun at your candle passing (I always wanted one of those, but I graduated from college three years ago and just got engaged recently, so none for me). Best wishes for a future filled with love, success, good times, laughter, and happiness!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! That was such a sweet, sweet story! FI did a great job!!

Your ring is gorgeous -- just what I would''ve picked!
1.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
WooHoo!!! Congrats!!!

BTW: BF is very romantic...lucky girl!
36.gif

KCCutie

Brilliant_Rock
Aw! Congrats!

I got a good giggle thinking about these big football player guys sneaking around the dorm laundry room with flowers and petals and candles. How cute!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results