shape
carat
color
clarity

The SEARCH...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
for my dream ring of course! Normally, Im'' not such an indecisive person, but this has gotten me to the point that I am driving MYSELF crazy!!! So in my own freakish need to keep track of what I like/don''t like...I''m going to try to organize my ring train of thought and solicit advice, suggesestions, and opinions from everyone!!! OK, so my original dream ring I envisioned here, a three stone with round center and pear sides.

drawing.JPG

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
But sadly, it was not to be
8.gif
. After contacting WF about this design and being told that it was impossible to "bring to life," I let my first dream ring float into oblivion...
7.gif
But soon after, my fickle self fell in love with the tacori rosebud (pic a la Laney''s gorgeous ring!) Which shocked me because I don''t consider myself an antique/vintage/ornate ring kind of girl. But it looked so pretty sparkiling on my finger, and the scalloping...oh so pretty...

rosebudside1.jpg

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
But....I didn't like the way the prongs were...too bulky for me(see bottom pic). So...I figured either go custom and try something more modern, but still with the big center RB and two tine side RBs on pave (i love the combo!), llke aurora borealis's ring (top two pics) - but the problem is I wasn't crazy about the side view (i know its dumb cuz hardly anyone sees your ring from any other angle than top down, but the side view is important to me and i'm being picky
face20.gif
). So I thought maybe get tacori to cutomize the head. But the jewelers I dealt with were extremely unhelpful and the price tag kept building on top of an already overpriced original. AND...this past weekend when I went to "visit" my the ring, it jsut didn't hold the charm that it once did. Granted I was in a horrible mood, so I went back today to see it in a better frame of mind. Unfortunately, although still very pretty, I think I'm already over it, which I suspected would happen since the ring isn't what I typically like.

3stonepavecoll3.jpg

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
While mourning the loss of the tacori, I wandered over to the JB star case and stumbled onto this delicious little find. Its from the diamond rose collection and the prongs hold four tiny marquis diamonds to form the petals of the rosebud. How precious is that?! The price tag is a huge ouch factor...and the ring is set really high, which I don''t like....but its a new something for me to think about!

diamond rose.jpg

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
To make me more confused, my mind has been rewandering back to leon and this yummy assher three stone. How would it look with a RB? I''m conflicted.... Also I don''t like the side view as seen below....

yummyleonascher.jpg

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
....here. The stones are too flush and I''m not into the straight prongs look (ignore the yellow gold, i would go all patinum).

yummyleonasscherside copy.JPG

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
So here is my other Leon love...which i am strongly considering. But again, how would it look with a RB? I already have my RB so there''s no changing the stone...

leon4.4.jpg

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
The last 3 wrenches in the equation... #1....i forgot whose ring this is....

topperside.jpg

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
#2...the 3 sided pave Michael B. with pave prong, only with diamonds on the prong head also as I saw it in a B&M. But the price tag ....OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!

mb 3sided pave prong.jpg

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
#3...a pearlman''s collection that I ran across today and i think the head is exquisite!

pearlmanheadcloseup.jpg

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
So this is where I am...thoroughly confused....
19.gif
. Driving myself (and my poor beleagured BF) crazy. So...

1) three-stone vs solitaire?
2) custom vs semi mount?

Ack!!!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Man, I love Leon, but those LAST three--the Pearlman''s, Michael B, and the other one (which looks kind of Ritani-ish?) are just AMAZING!!!! And since you already have an RB??? Hmmm, those are just FAB!!!

denverkat

Rough_Rock
Ooh, I love that Pearlman''s one. I hadn''t ever seen any of the Pearlman''s collection rings, but they are all lovely- Now I''m inspired to change my mind, too! I like the fact that one or two rings could sit nicely flush next to it.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Ginger: you crack me up! For awhile I had a new favorite ring everyday! One of my friends has ring that is similar to the first Leon you posted (the asscher), but her''s has an oval sapphire center stone (it was originally her mom''s pendant or something and she made it into the ring after her mom passed away)...anyway I drool over it all the time.

sidenote: I was at a cooking class tonight and couldn''t stop starring at some of the other ladies rings...hopefully it wasn''t too obvious!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/17/2005 7:58:44 PM
Author: gingerBcookie
The last 3 wrenches in the equation... #1....i forgot whose ring this is....
I really the one with the pave basket.. its yummmmy. I don''t remember whose ring it is either.. but its GORGEOUS.

I think this might give you an idea of how that asscher 3 stone with trap sides might look with and RB

knjafff041004m.jpg

Its an A Jaffe.. like my ring.. I''m pretty familiar with thier collection from my months of longing! So I thought of this one when you posted the other.. I really love asschers.. but I think they have to be BIG to be really impressive.

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/17/2005 7
6.gif
8:22 PM
Author:gingerBcookie
OK, so my original dream ring I envisioned here, a three stone with round center and pear sides.

Okay, wait...why can''t you have a RB with pear sides??
33.gif

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
gingerB: what about something like this? This is my friends ering, and the pics you had of the tacori reminded me of hers. I don't know what size your RB is, but the center stone in this is about .8ct

DSC00172.jpg
DSC00173.jpg

Edited to add: And my ering is a RB w/pear sides!! Why no can do?!!!!!!

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
Ginger

lol! It is so easy to get totally confused with this process. I think of it as temporary diamond blindness. Here''s two rings from JB star. One is the rosebud setting you posted earlier, but shown with the matching band..and the other is a semi-mount for a RB w/what looks like 2 pear sidestones and some pave. This company really does make some interesting settings!!

-lovey

RCD-1485-60971.jpg

blue_chica

Shiny_Rock
I know what you mean about fickleness! The ring I went with isn''t at all what I thought I liked - I thought I hated pavé, thought I wanted a simple tiffany setting. As far as three-stone vs. solitaire goes...well, I ended up going for a solitaire because it left so much more money to be spent on the setting and center stone. I don''t know what your budget is but ours wasn''t huge and a three stone just didn''t leave a lot of room for creativity.

I love that perlman''s collection ring - detail is wonderful, and makes the ring unique I think. The Michael B and Ritani are also gorgeous, though I like the detail of the Ritani a bit more.

Why in the world can''t you do a RB with pear sides? I''m sure I''ve seen that before, in fact it''s what my BF liked the best.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Ginger!

I wish I had that nice little problem!!! Ok. I love the tacori rosebud. That being said there was a girl (on pricescope) who got it and didn''t like the prongs and she had them shaved down (it looks very, very good). That being said, what about having a custom made michael B. look alike? Will that diminish the ouch factor on the price tag? I love all your choices, although I agree the leon merge from the side isn''t quite my style.

P.S. I saw your pic on the introduce yourself page. You are definitely not the SMART sister. Try smart AND PRETTY.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Yea! My BF gave me the go ahead to start contacting Whiteflash about my custom setting and diamond, so I sent Lesley at WF an email (actually I emailed her a book...seems like it b/c it was so long). Hopefully I''ll get some info soon!

Ginger: perhaps we should have a WF double date. I''m sure they could do the pears, maybe they were just thinking of them the otherway or something...doesn''t make sense. Send them a pic of one you like and then see what they say.

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
I KNOW you can do a RB+pears.... ChristmasEveProposer bought one for his lovely lady.
1.gif

heartsonfire

Shiny_Rock
oh my those are some lovely eye candies I wouldn't know which one to pick

Ginger: love the pics of you and your man... wow you're so pretty!!!
2.gif

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Ginger: I TOTALLY feel ya. Last week was ESPECIALLY bad. I spent most of last week browsing the net, looking for new ideas. My problem is, I like sooo many things (even to the point of loving several different diamond shapes for my center stone...isn''t that the one thing you''re supposed to have figured out?!?! ;))

Anyway, so I finally decided this weekend that although I LOVE antiquey looking designs, and three stone rings, and various other diamond related things, I want to go with something more classic, more timeless (in other words, a relatively simple, yet classically elegant solitaire).

Plus, my boyfriend has been there for the multiple times I''ve found a "favorite" and then changed my mind the next week, so he knows what kinda stuff I generally like. We actually went to a jeweler in his city when I visited him this past weekend looking for the Vatche Royal Crown setting. Turns out the jeweler didn''t actually carry Vatche stuff, BUT they convinced us to stay and try on some other things, and we had a blast! The folks there are fantastic, and I put on one particular setting and all of a sudden, I was like "there it is." Seeing it on my hand made all the difference in the world. So at that point my bf made me promise I''d stop my incessant searching/obsessing and leave it to him. It''s kinda nice to give up the control of the situation to him, anyway...I get my "life before obsessive ring research" back!

So, my suggestions to you are first of all, make sure to choose something that will look as timeless 50 years from now as it does today; and secondly, go try on all kinds of stuff! It really does make all the difference when you see it on your hand.

BTW, the ring that I finally settled on (the one that SPOKE to me while it was on my finger) looks almost exactly like teebee''s gorgeous new ring, as seen here: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/yay-my-ering-thanks-whiteflash-ps-and.23755/
The only difference between hers and mine (or soon to be mine, hehehe) is mine has 6 prongs. But same idea, RB center with a delicate band of tiny diamonds. ''Scuse me while I wipe the drool off my chin!
18.gif

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much for the help ladies! I am loving some of those rings you guys posted....aaah!!! more choices!!!
9.gif

SO the the round with pear sides...the pic I posted didn''t appear...so I will try again tonight since I''m at work and don''t have it with me...but picture the toppers ring that looks like a ritani, only in a three stone truffle setting with the RB and pears.

Apple - I went to WF already and they told me what I wanted was not do-able....
39.gif
I was bummed. Initially I had some problems link and it was great. I haven''t completely ruled them out to go to for my ring, but I have a few other options I''m looking at first. I recommend working with lesley and brian directly, they''re wonderful!!! OOoooh what cooking class? I took one with my friend (she loves them) and it was fun!! But seriously, I have never been in a room with more anal retentive ppl than that day (si sir...is tht EXACTLY on tsp, or LARGE tsp vs a HEAPING tsp, or a small tsp....
41.gif
) Yummmy...my favorite part was eating all the stuff we made!!!

HousMed - welcome! yay!!! another houston gal! Im at BCM also!!! (wouldn''t it be weird if I was sitting next to you right now?! 4th year, currently doing research and will be graduating next year. Your ing is Gorgeous! That''s the ring my bf said he would have picked for me had he done it on his own...which i would have totally loved!!! Part of me wishing I hadn''t started this ring selecting process and had let my bf gert his way ( hmmm...not really
emotion-5.gif
, but in brief frustrated moments this thought snakes in!)

I talked to my bf (and showed him this page as evidence of my nuttiness), and then got him buzzed so that he''ll tell me honestly what he thought of all this (heehee
9.gif
). Turns out he''s not frustrated with me and he understands why I''m going crazy...He says he''s just waiting patiently, he wants me to happy, and he is ready as soon as I am. The only thing he worries about is how I worry about the price, he doesn''t want me to, just wants me to love the ring and be as happy as I make him!!!....awwww....I love him!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
But my bargain hunting heart still has a strng hold on me...but we''ll see who drowns who out!!!
2.gif

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
ok....so stealing a few moments during my phenol chloroform extraction (yech
14.gif
) to finish posting....good lord how addicted am I ?!?!?!! ok...moving beyond that...

lovey - so sorry to hear about the leon delay....aargh i was so excited to see your ring!!! I hadn''t had time to browse the jb star page...that semi mount is really pretty tooo....it kind of combines all the rings I want...hmmmm a possibility! I am going to check it out in detail tonight!

alley - i thought about shaving down the tacori...but now i''m not sure how much i want it 9 i was also peeved at the saleslady i was working with who kept pushing and pushing yet was extremely reluctant to talk to tacori for me as far as options...grrrr) anyway, i did love the way that other girl did her tacori prongs, which i asked for, but they just ran around the question and never said yes or no...i think i just got really frustrated.

ok...so i will post my original ring tonight and you gals tell me if you think it is feasible..I thought it was arelatively simple ring....

oh and thanks for all the compliments!!!! ya''ll are all so sweet!!! I love seeing all the pics here....i''ve never seen so many gorgeous couples in one place!!! and i LOVE how happy everyone looks! I wish we had a nice couple pic...mebbe i can convince him to do some a la GG and her cutie possible engeagement pics at the park...
2.gif

Dodger Gurl

Shiny_Rock
Ginger, I really love wrench #1 (the one you forgot whose ring it was). I think it might be kayla17''s ring? A Ritani? Also, the A. Jaffe set that Melissa posted is really gorgeous too. Yummy eye candy!

And I know what you mean about the bulky prongs - there was a Simon G. setting that I really loved but the prongs are just so dang bulky!! It was really weird since the rest of the ring was so delicate. LOL.
41.gif

Good luck on your search and don''t forget to have fun!
9.gif

aeli

Rough_Rock
So good to know I''m not the only indecisive one. My fiance thinks I''m nuts because I can''t make up my mind. I like rounds, radiants, cushion cuts, I like solitaires on pave bands, I like 3 stone rings, I like pave''d bezels, I like so many different things. He has a strong preference for round stones, so that decision is made. So now it''s down to a round flanked by pears, or something similar to the Ritani with the pave basket (slightly thicker band, though). Oh, an idea I brought up to my jeweler is something similar to Leon''s 3 stone, but adding a pave band that tapers from the tips of the pear.

leon 3 stone A.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results