shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official List Thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Post up to this thread if you want to be added or need to be removed, and the lovely LIW will take great care of you!
5.gif

...I have finally passed the baton!
2.gif

Croí

Shiny_Rock
guess you can give me a half strike-through and strike the rest when I get my ring !!!

*happyhappyoncloudnine*

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Croi did something happen? Do you have news to share? When do you leave?

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Add me, add me!!! :) Now I can be official, hehe. :)

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
subbing...
2.gif

jennyann2

Shiny_Rock
can i be added too??

i have no idea how long i''ll be waiting, but i''m trying to be patient. the wonderful stories from you ladies are helping me.

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome new ladies--I hope you find us a hospitable group. I think the girls here have just been my sanity these last few months.
1.gif

heartsonfire

Shiny_Rock
To all the new ladies WELCOME to LIW!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
I''ll second what GG said--these ladies have probably kept me from being committed (while I wait to be COMMITTED!!, harhar) over the last few months!!

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/18/2005 7:19:25 PM
Author: blueroses
I''ll second what GG said--these ladies have probably kept me from being committed (while I wait to be COMMITTED!!, harhar) over the last few months!!

rotflmbo.gif

Munchkin

Brilliant_Rock
Knock, knock....... Can I come in?
1.gif

I have been a lurker here f-o-r-e-v-e-r. Seriously, I am embarassed to say exactly how long I have been reading these boards.
I have especially enjoyed the past few months, because I have been able to follow the LIWs! You all make me feel not-so-crazy!
I am hesitant to post too much personal stuff, because I am hopeful that my boyfriend will discover the wonderful world that is Pricesope...and I don''t want him to realize that this has become a second home. But, I am 26 and have been with my boyfriend for 6 years. The closest thing I have to a proposal in the very near future is officially becoming a LIW! So, please place me on the list.
Thank you!
Munchkin

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome Munchkin! I lurked for a while before posting, too, but then I got sucked in and I''m afraid there''s no turning back!
9.gif

heartsonfire

Shiny_Rock
Welcome Munchkin! You found the right place to be in!
2.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, ladies - had a chat with the B/F this morning, after some tears and trying to make him understand my perspective on the whole situation, I am going to be on the list for at least another 6 - 18 months. *sigh*

I''m just a long-term kinda-gal, I guess.
2.gif

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Aw, Lauren. That stinks that his timetable is so different from yours. I remember my initial disappointment when I realized we wouldn''t be getting married this year. ((hugs)) On the plus side, that means you''ll have plenty of time to change your mind about your preferred ring style, right??
2.gif

htupper

Rough_Rock
Welcome Munchkin. I''m pretty new here too. it''s a lifesaver, isn''t it?

Lauren, So sorry to hear your disappointment. I have definitely been there before. last year, i didn''t even know if we would be getting married at all (bf had a lot of baggage from his messed up family relationships that were effecting his ability to commit). it was so hard not knowing what would happen especially as everyone else i knew was getting engaged. it was hard to be so patient but it paid off and now we are closer to it than i thought we''d be less than a year later. Maybe it won''t be as long as he says. maybe he''s just being cautious so as not to get your hopes up and feel pressured. There''s definitely the possibility that it may happen sooner than you think! good luck being patient. we all know how hard it is. At least you have the LIW!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome to all the new LIWs!

GG, B-girl - thank you so much for your supportive words! I know he feels pressured, and so all I wanted was to relieve some of the pressure on me (the not knowing, which of course spoils surprises), and on him (the purchase of a big, beautiful perfect ring - his words).
2.gif
At least I''ve got it nailed down to some time between our 3rd and 4th anniversaries. I can live with that. And I have you girlies with whom I can commiserate!
1.gif

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Lauren, don''t worry, just stay busy with life and with the LIW and it will go quicker than you imagine now. Last summer on our trip to Europe, my BF bought me a very pretty promise ring...it was his idea, I was very impressed, and I love the ring......but the little voice in the back of my head half expected to get engaged on that trip. Then I realized that there wouldn''t be any reason for him to give me a promise ring if he wasn''t planning on waiting a good long while before upgrading it to an engagement ring...and at that point, when I thought about the fact that my engagement was probably another year or so away, I was kinda bummed.

But, all of a sudden, it was 2005, and I only have 6-7 months to go now! Trust me, I know how hard it is to stop obsessing...but just have faith that it will be faster than you imagine. I''ll be around here with you and the other LIW''s till July, anyway, so we''ll b!tch and moan together!!!
1.gif

blue_chica

Shiny_Rock
Welcome newbies. :) I''m a newbie myself, so I feel silly saying that, but this place is my new second obsession (maybe first since the ring is picked), don''t know what I''d do without it.

Lauren - I''m so sorry hon! I know how hard it can be to hear that it''s going to be a long wait...it''s totally different once you start thinking about it and obsessing, days take weeks. However, I will second what B-girl said in that you don''t actually know it''ll be that long. That timeframe takes the pressure off of both of you, and that''s a good thing in the end. And goldengirl is right too, now you have time to pick your PERFECT ring!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Lauren and B-girl, I know what you mean....I kind of feel like I just have to let go now after several different timeframes where it was "supposed" to happen, and I know my bf feels pressure....I like your comment about trying to take some of the pressure off.

BlueChica, I like your new icon!!

blue_chica

Shiny_Rock
Thanks. :)

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome Brittany!!
1.gif

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
With the shiny new forum, I''m... breaking... down! Will you please add me?
Thanks!
9.gif

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
No problem... welcome Kaili!!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results