shape
carat
color
clarity

*****The Official Ladies In Waiting List*****

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
My BF ordered the ring Friday - he told me it is from The Facets Collection. So excited!!! But 3-4 weeks for delivery
20.gif
. He says he has all the plans made for how he will propose - he is such a romantic that I am sure it will be amazing. I expect that as soon as the ring arrives, we will be all systems go!! Hurry up Facets, okay!!!!
30.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/25/2009 6:31:56 PM
Author: EyeElle
Hi All,

I just had to tell someone .... my SO bought a diamond!!!
I accidently saw the invoice on his desk!!! (wasn''t snooping I swear lol)

OMG OMG OMG SOOOOO EXCITED!!!

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
YAY!!!!!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Time for an update! Things have been busy around here--we close on the house tomorrow and I have to go out of town for work, so I''m missing it.
7.gif
I was kind of hoping that K would propose tonight, but I think it is better saved for a time when I am not totally stressed out about work (and don''t have to get up at the a$$crack of dawn)!

Also, it''s almost time for another list housecleaning--I''ll get the list of those in danger of being kicked off posted by Friday and next Tuesday''s update will be a bit shorter!

Congratulations anothergirl216 and MonkeyPants!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Welcome madiamondgirl!

The Ladies in Waiting List

1 Galateia
2 news_girl
3 equestrienne
4 nebe
5 ladypirate
6 waitingpatiently
7 hisdiamondgirl
8 chocolatefudge
9 absolut_blonde
10 lisamarie84
11 KCCutie
12 Dreamgirl
13 ringless
14 Lexie
15 ILoveSpinel
16 IloveAsschers13
17 elledizzy5
18 Carbonlove
19 inhisarms17
20 jcarlylew82
21 smithsmith
22 Travel Goddess
23 Namaste
24 trillionaire
25 Blackpaw
26 HappyCat
27 misskitty
28 aggal06
29 Cosmo_Gal
30 mtjoya
31 SailorsSweet32 jaylex
33 aVogueIdea
34 idreamofcushions
35 Lill_The_Thrill
36 MrsHToBe
37 rosebud10
38 audball
39 prettylnpink419
40 ckrickett
41 omieluv
42 mariewest
43 LtlFirecracker
44 CheshireSmile
45 Eden
46 lemony
47 fuzzers
48 cocoa
49 salix
50 EyeElle
51 Still_Waiting
52 IrishEyes08
53 Prinny
54 purelily
55 *Danielle*
56 Kitiaral
57 lovebug1031
58 VictoriaEremita
59 brendaman
60 Pushin40
61 PrincessLily2009
62 Savvymon
63 Resonance.Of.Life
64 bigdiamondtinygal
65 4ever
66 NakedFinger
67 mochamamasita
68 DebShine
69 tarepanda
70 newbie777
71 xoxo
72 NicaK
73 LabRatPhD
74 nail_polish
75 GenkiSam
76 Aida1010
77 McStew
78 Brown.Eyed.Girl
79 Deia
80 Chelle0511
81 iheartbora
82 AllieGator
83 waitingonmyprince
84 DiamondseekersDaughter
85 hazel29
86 Treasure43
87 Ashley21
88 stepcutgirl
89 lovindiamonds
90 NCSUchick27
91 Rock_of_Love
92 killerqueen17
93 December Moon
94 AshleyS.McD
95 Jessie702
96 Callisto
97 justjill
98 Margot
99 CurlySue
100 megumic
101 Rose-E
102 MissWishfulThinking
103 prettybaby
104 inloveinpa
105 Sunset_in_Cali
106 FroggyMont
107 BellaMarie
108 blueroses
109 Bdiddy26
110 leagall
111 sweetliloldme
112 Squirrly
113 b.anna
114 Vani
115 Laura27
116 Sunshinegirl77
117 suchende
118 Erinleigh
119 TiffanyLady
120 LitigatorChick
121 ellie424
122 yourdelight
123 rialaine
124 CristinaRuns26.2
125 Little Monster
126 crl_md
127 16ocean
128 vetrogrl
129 madiamondgirl

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Nica, Eye, Litigator- DUST!!
Szh- Welcome!
Another- Congrats! Your ring is stunning!
Monkey- Dust for you! This long weekend must have DRRRRRAGGED for you
8.gif
!
Lady- Dust and luck, and R&R to you! You sound like you have a TON on your plate!

Mini Update:
EEEKK! I haven''t had the time to get on ps in a few days so I have new word on our setting....
I got a call on from the jewelers on Thursday and the wax mold of the setting is ready to be approved!! And 5 days Early!
Now we just need to make the time to go to the jewelers to "visit" it. My bday is Thursday and we have had a lot of things come up with work and family this week so it probably won''t be until monday...
I''ll still probably have to wait 7+ months to see the thing after the diamond is set, but I''m still excited anyway!
9.gif

Dust that everything turns out ok, please?
4.gif

MonkeyPants

Brilliant_Rock
Aww Thanks LP and Lex!
I cannot wait to see pictures of your new house Lady Pirate!!!!!! Boo that work is stressing you out.
15.gif

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
dust for you jaylex since you asked so nicely
3.gif
i hope everything turns out perfect, and hopefully this being early trend will continue and you''ll have sparkly pics up here in no time!

congratulations monkeypants!
36.gif
36.gif

and it was awesome that he was able to surprise you!

eyeelle, that''s exciting! dust that he doesn''t keep you waiting too long, otherwise you just might happen across more information he could leave lying around
28.gif

and welcome to madiamondgirl
35.gif

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Hrm. This list isn''t moving very quickly ladies! I''ve been stuck at 22 for a little while now.

Come on top 20! Make room for the rest of us! Haha.
41.gif

madiamondgirl

Rough_Rock
Thank you ladies for welcoming me to the board!!! And thank you LadyPirate for adding me to the list! WOW! I''m 129..... hope it''s my lucky number
36.gif

CONGRATS anothergirl216 on your engagement! Your ring is gorgeous!!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/28/2009 6:25:23 PM
Author: Travel Goddess
Hrm. This list isn''t moving very quickly ladies! I''ve been stuck at 22 for a little while now.

41.gif

I''m Trying!!!
9.gif
(#20 here!)

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/29/2009 7:22:28 AM
Author: jcarlylew

Date: 5/28/2009 6:25:23 PM
Author: Travel Goddess

41.gif

I''m Trying!!!
9.gif
(#20 here!)
Also trying! (#17)

Trying my arse off!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Working on it here, too!

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/29/2009 10:14:41 AM
Author: ladypirate
Working on it here, too!
Hang on in there - good things come to those who wait. Believe me, I KNOW
9.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Hi LIW,

I''ve been bad updating over here and mostly over on RT....but the update is that we selected a jeweler (after getting 5 quotes, both online and local) had CADS made, and.....the wax has been CAST! So based on what he (jeweler, not BF) said before, I imagine the ring will be ready within a week/10 days. (The stone is a family EC which was left to me.)

From here on out it''s ALL in bf''s court, but he has said he''s not making me wait long. We''ll see! We designed it together and I saw the rough today, but of course I haven''t seen it with stones in it or polished up--so it will still be a BIG surprise whenever it happens.

#108 now....I wonder where I''ll be when he proposes? Here''s to hopin'' I don''t make it as far on the list as last time!

CONGRATS to the newly engaged ladies! DUST to the fellow LIW!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/30/2009 12:44:54 AM
Author: blueroses
Hi LIW,

I''ve been bad updating over here and mostly over on RT....but the update is that we selected a jeweler (after getting 5 quotes, both online and local) had CADS made, and.....the wax has been CAST! So based on what he (jeweler, not BF) said before, I imagine the ring will be ready within a week/10 days. (The stone is a family EC which was left to me.)

From here on out it''s ALL in bf''s court, but he has said he''s not making me wait long. We''ll see! We designed it together and I saw the rough today, but of course I haven''t seen it with stones in it or polished up--so it will still be a BIG surprise whenever it happens.

#108 now....I wonder where I''ll be when he proposes? Here''s to hopin'' I don''t make it as far on the list as last time!

CONGRATS to the newly engaged ladies! DUST to the fellow LIW!
Oooh, you''ve got a wax!!
9.gif
That is so exciting--can''t wait for another update!
31.gif
36.gif

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
yay dust to blue roses, the entire list
and dust especially to those lovely top 20 ladies who have been trying so hard, here''s to hoping this summer is good to y''all!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Gwedolyn and Squirrly! (The cads and casting pictures are over in RT)

....and I second that: some MAJOR summer dust to the top 20+ ladies! It's a tough wait, and you guys are great! (Oh. That rhymed. badly.)

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/30/2009 4:44:41 PM
Author: blueroses
It''s a tough wait, and you guys are great! (Oh. That rhymed. badly.)

hehe, maybe it''s cause i''m dead tired from work but that amuses me to no end
5.gif

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
I never thought I''d be saying this, but TAKE ME OFF THE LIST!!! I got engaged last night!!!

Over and out at #34!!!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I''m number 40 already... when I joined I was 126 or something.... mmaaaannnn SO better hurry up *taps foot*
12.gif

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Yay, Blue! Dust to you! (rhyme?)
Amen, squirrly!
Welcome, Victoria!

and a huge CONGRATULATIONS to idreamofcushions!
36.gif
. do you have pics up?

Mini Update:
We approved the wax of our setting today. bf is a little nervous that the X on the profile may be skinnier than the one we based the design off of, but he can be a worry-wort and I tried to take into account that we were looking at a wax. not a CAD or something in metal. But even if the setting looks exactly as it did today (minus the blue color
3.gif
) I will be thrilled!

Funny story:
We were out with another couple (friends of ours) today and they just bought a diamond solitaire ering from kay or something like that (probably less than a quarter carat or so). She kind of pressured him into buying it in the first place and in her own words "it''s WAY too small... but he says he can''t afford anything bigger". Brat.
38.gif

Anywho, she made some remark about how we (bf and I) SHOULD be engaged already... "after all, jay and I have been together twice as long as her and her bf".
Her bf said "well I don''t think that jay has $400+ lying around to buy a ring". (rude!)

Now, we are very private about money. The friends we were with have no idea what so ever what our income is and we haven''t told anyone accept jay''s aunt and one of my friends that we are even TALKING about engagement, let alone that bf purchased a ring.
Jay and I just looked at each other and he just said "yeah. you''re probably right. erings are very expensive"

$400? Now, I''m not knocking a small budget or anything.. if all jay could afford was a twist tie with a piece of plastic glued to it, I''d love him all the same. But If that couple knew how much our setting alone cost jay (not that it''s astronomical, we got a really good deal)... I''m pretty sure they''d pee themselves.

Jay and I are actually semi worried now that there may be some jealousy when she sees my ring. She is very pushy and doesn''t really take other peoples feelings into consideration and bf and I are afraid that she may make her bf feel bad about not being able to afford a bigger one, especially judging by the comment she made today.
40.gif
... .81 may not be huge in PS, but it is substantially larger than the diamonds that my friends and co-workers have.
Has anyone else run into this problem (jealous friends)??

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Congrats to our wonderful listkeeper, LP!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/31/2009 1:40:05 AM
Author: jaylex

Amen, squirrly!

Welcome, Victoria!

36.gif
. do you have pics up?

Mini Update:

We approved the wax of our setting today. bf is a little nervous that the X on the profile may be skinnier than the one we based the design off of, but he can be a worry-wort and I tried to take into account that we were looking at a wax. not a CAD or something in metal. But even if the setting looks exactly as it did today (minus the blue color
3.gif
) I will be thrilled!

Funny story:

We were out with another couple (friends of ours) today and they just bought a diamond solitaire ering from kay or something like that (probably less than a quarter carat or so). She kind of pressured him into buying it in the first place and in her own words ''it''s WAY too small... but he says he can''t afford anything bigger''. Brat.
38.gif

Anywho, she made some remark about how we (bf and I) SHOULD be engaged already... ''after all, jay and I have been together twice as long as her and her bf''.

Her bf said ''well I don''t think that jay has $400+ lying around to buy a ring''. (rude!)

Now, we are very private about money. The friends we were with have no idea what so ever what our income is and we haven''t told anyone accept jay''s aunt and one of my friends that we are even TALKING about engagement, let alone that bf purchased a ring.

Jay and I just looked at each other and he just said ''yeah. you''re probably right. erings are very expensive''

$400? Now, I''m not knocking a small budget or anything.. if all jay could afford was a twist tie with a piece of plastic glued to it, I''d love him all the same. But If that couple knew how much our setting alone cost jay (not that it''s astronomical, we got a really good deal)... I''m pretty sure they''d pee themselves.

Jay and I are actually semi worried now that there may be some jealousy when she sees my ring. She is very pushy and doesn''t really take other peoples feelings into consideration and bf and I are afraid that she may make her bf feel bad about not being able to afford a bigger one, especially judging by the comment she made today.
40.gif
... .81 may not be huge in PS, but it is substantially larger than the diamonds that my friends and co-workers have.

Hi Jaylex!
35.gif
Here are the pics of the ring and proposal.

As to your dilemma, some people can be so rude and tactless. K and I are also very private people so I understand how their comments would offend and irk you. I have to say, you and your BF handled the situation very well. I have dealt with a similar situation from none other than my sister. We''re very close and I love her to pieces but she has some jealousy issues that come out every now and then. Her and my BIL got engaged only a year after dating and married less than a year after that. She really wanted to get engaged and married quickly - that was just her prerogative. So as a result she has a very nice (but small) engagement ring. I think it''s 1/3 carat. She was always quick to remark that she thought it was stupid for K and I to get a "big" diamond. When she saw my ering for the first time on Friday (right after he proposed), she said "Oh wow, it looks so fake" She actually repeated this twice. We have it on video. Nice. Then yesterday she starts complaining to my BIL about her ring (which is actually quite pretty), saying how on their 10 year anniversary she WILL be getting an upgrade. My BIL looks at her like ''huh? this is news to me''

So the way I see it is some people are always going to find ways to put you down to make themselves feel better. Try not to let it get to you. Trust me, I know how hard that can be. Just stay classy. You will have a beautiful ering and know that your BF put the time and effort into getting something that would make you both happy. That''s what matters.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/31/2009 12:02:21 PM
Author: idreamofcushions

Amen, squirrly!

Welcome, Victoria!

36.gif
. do you have pics up?

Mini Update:

3.gif
) I will be thrilled!

Funny story:

We were out with another couple (friends of ours) today and they just bought a diamond solitaire ering from kay or something like that (probably less than a quarter carat or so). She kind of pressured him into buying it in the first place and in her own words ''it''s WAY too small... but he says he can''t afford anything bigger''. Brat.
38.gif

Anywho, she made some remark about how we (bf and I) SHOULD be engaged already... ''after all, jay and I have been together twice as long as her and her bf''.

Her bf said ''well I don''t think that jay has $400+ lying around to buy a ring''. (rude!)

Jay and I just looked at each other and he just said ''yeah. you''re probably right. erings are very expensive''

40.gif

Hi Jaylex!
35.gif
Here are the pics of the ring and proposal.

As to your dilemma, some people can be so rude and tactless. K and I are also very private people so I understand how their comments would offend and irk you. I have to say, you and your BF handled the situation very well. I have dealt with a similar situation from none other than my sister. We''re very close and I love her to pieces but she has some jealousy issues that come out every now and then. Her and my BIL got engaged only a year after dating and married less than a year after that. She really wanted to get engaged and married quickly - that was just her prerogative. So as a result she has a very nice (but small) engagement ring. I think it''s 1/3 carat. She was always quick to remark that she thought it was stupid for K and I to get a ''big'' diamond. When she saw my ering for the first time on Friday (right after he proposed), she said ''Oh wow, it looks so fake'' She actually repeated this twice. We have it on video. Nice. Then yesterday she starts complaining to my BIL about her ring (which is actually quite pretty), saying how on their 10 year anniversary she WILL be getting an upgrade. My BIL looks at her like ''huh? this is news to me''

So the way I see it is some people are always going to find ways to put you down to make themselves feel better. Try not to let it get to you. Trust me, I know how hard that can be. Just stay classy. You will have a beautiful ering and know that your BF put the time and effort into getting something that would make you both happy. That''s what matters.
I sooo agree! Please don''t let your friends take away from YOUR special time! You owe no one apologies about the size of your ring. There will always be people you know with smaller and larger diamonds. Be glad you have a guy who is generous and wants you to have a beautiful ring!

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock

40.gif

lol all i could think about this when reading it was if M gets me that big of a rock he''s going to be in trouble for spending so much on me! (i might have slight issues with this whole being spoiled thing he keeps saying he''s going to do...)
12.gif

enjoy your ring and if they get jealous over it and are rude, well just shows how classy they are huh. they''ll get over it and freak out over the next dramatic thing they see in a couple days from the sound of it anyways
9.gif

welcome victoria! i hope your stay on the lists is short and sweet with a sparkly ending!

wow, this has been a great week for engagements and shinys
5.gif

~DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTT~
let''s keep this up!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results