shape
carat
color
clarity

*****The Official Ladies In Waiting List*****

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rialaine

Shiny_Rock
Hello!!
35.gif

I have been browsing pricescope since I was 17 yrs old!! Drooling over all the beautiful jewelry, learning tons about diamonds, gemstones and settings & secretly yearning for the day I could put my name on the LIW list. And today is that day!

A few weeks ago my boyfriend & I started talking about marriage & we''ve been tossing around wedding ideas & talking about our future together. We''re currently doing the long distance thing bc I moved to another state to take a summer intern position. He flies down once a month to visit. This past weekend was his second visit. Unfortunately I had to take him to the airport tonight and I''m feeling a little depressed. So I thought getting on here & adding my name to the list & reading up on everyone else''s stories would cheer me up!!

21.gif

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Eeek (for lack of a better 'excitement' word)! Bf ordered our custom setting on Tuesday!! it'll be two weeks before it's ready to be approved and roughly 4 to six weeks after that before it's done and our stone is set, but I'm still so excited!!
I know the proposal isn't coming until at least the fall but I can't wait!
9.gif

Dust for all of us, ladies!

hehe! This is what i got when I googled "diamond dust" photo. kinda appropriate, no?

diamonddust.jpg

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I think we all need to save that picture and use it for "dust" times of need!

MonkeyPants

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome Ria! I''ve done the long distance thing so I feel ya.

Jay! How frickin'' exciting is that! Congrats on the ring...what if he surprises you and proposes earlier than the fall!...

My ring was ordered sometime last week or the week before and I can''t help but try to guess when it''ll arrive. FF has his lips zipped about the ring. Found out it was ordered when I asked, "so can i guess the stats of the stone?" and when i guessed he said "nope, not right" which told me that he''d already ordered it. Yeah I''m sneaky.
9.gif

CristinaRuns26.2

Rough_Rock
Hi! I''m new, and would like to be added to the list, if possible.

Thanks
1.gif

rialaine

Shiny_Rock
Thanks MonkeyPants
1.gif

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/14/2009 12:22:35 PM
Author: MonkeyPants

Jay! How frickin'' exciting is that! Congrats on the ring...what if he surprises you and proposes earlier than the fall!...

My ring was ordered sometime last week or the week before and I can''t help but try to guess when it''ll arrive. FF has his lips zipped about the ring. Found out it was ordered when I asked, ''so can i guess the stats of the stone?'' and when i guessed he said ''nope, not right'' which told me that he''d already ordered it. Yeah I''m sneaky.
9.gif
Thanks, Monkey!
Hehe! I almost missed that! I''m the lex out of the two, he''s the jay! But we use jaylex for everything b/c it sounds better than lexjay. But thanks again! Unfortunately, I''m pretty sure he won''t propose earlier than the fall for a few reasons:
*His cuz is getting married in September. we don''t want to take away from her special day (or look like we just jumped on the wedding bandwagon)
*His rents got married in September, mine in August. His bday is in October so he''s trying to not jump on anyone else''s special day since he wants the proposal to be about the two of us.
*the first holiday we celebrated together was Thanksgiving (even tho we weren''t dating yet!) so I think there''s a possibility he''ll propose around then.
*Our 4 year anniversary is December 12th and we are planning a mini vaca for that weekend.. So come fall I''ll be asking for LOTS of dust!

Congrats to you as well!
36.gif
It sounds like you don''t know what yours looks like so you must be SUPER excited! Dust for you! Do you have any idea what it might look like?

stepcut: I think that''d be pretty kool. I just hope that whoever makes the trading card i took that pic off doesn''t come after me for "borrowing" it :D

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! I just looked at something I posted and I have been upgraded from a rough rock to a cut rock! How did that happen? Is it cuz I have posted (over) 100 times?
What are the rules for that anyway?

Sorry if that sounds like a dumb question :D I''m still a PS newbie.

MonkeyPants

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/15/2009 12:02:51 AM
Author: jaylex
Date: 5/14/2009 12:22:35 PM

My ring was ordered sometime last week or the week before and I can''t help but try to guess when it''ll arrive. FF has his lips zipped about the ring. Found out it was ordered when I asked, ''so can i guess the stats of the stone?'' and when i guessed he said ''nope, not right'' which told me that he''d already ordered it. Yeah I''m sneaky.
9.gif
Thanks, Monkey!

Hehe! I almost missed that! I''m the lex out of the two, he''s the jay! But we use jaylex for everything b/c it sounds better than lexjay. But thanks again! Unfortunately, I''m pretty sure he won''t propose earlier than the fall for a few reasons:

*His cuz is getting married in September. we don''t want to take away from her special day (or look like we just jumped on the wedding bandwagon)

*His rents got married in September, mine in August. His bday is in October so he''s trying to not jump on anyone else''s special day since he wants the proposal to be about the two of us.

*the first holiday we celebrated together was Thanksgiving (even tho we weren''t dating yet!) so I think there''s a possibility he''ll propose around then.

*Our 4 year anniversary is December 12th and we are planning a mini vaca for that weekend.. So come fall I''ll be asking for LOTS of dust!

Congrats to you as well!
36.gif
It sounds like you don''t know what yours looks like so you must be SUPER excited! Dust for you! Do you have any idea what it might look like?

stepcut: I think that''d be pretty kool. I just hope that whoever makes the trading card i took that pic off doesn''t come after me for ''borrowing'' it :D

Hehe, good to know you''re Lex and not Jay! You have so many special days to avoid! Well good for you for keeping it together...sorta!
As far as me knowing what my ring looks like, I think I know but I''m not sure. I really this one we saw together and I''ve made it known, so hopefully it''s that one. But who knows.

*Update, last night I asked FF "Should I fly down to see my parents for Memorial Day weekend?" he says, "no" I ask "why" he says, "because you might miss something important..." hmm....what does that mean!

I''m gonna try to attach the ring I think i might get...

MonkeyPants

Brilliant_Rock
So this is what I think I''m getting...I like Victorian style rings...

Vict BE.jpg

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/15/2009 1:15:55 PM
That is GORGEOUS!! I think I''m in love!!
30.gif

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
So this is what I think I'm getting...I like Victorian style rings...
That is completely stunning!
What a show-stopper!

And memorial day!? That's so soon! Memorial day, indeed! Good luck trying to contain all of your excitement!

This is the setting i'm getting (in rose gold!). I wanted something kind of unique that looked pretty from the side.

alexassetting515.jpg

MonkeyPants

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/15/2009 2:10:13 PM
Author: inhisarms17

That is GORGEOUS!! I think I''m in love!!
30.gif

Thanks inhisarms17! I thought it looked too chunky when I first saw it on paper, but on my hand it actually looks really good.

MonkeyPants

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/15/2009 12:17:35 AM
Wow! I just looked at something I posted and I have been upgraded from a rough rock to a cut rock! How did that happen? Is it cuz I have posted (over) 100 times?

What are the rules for that anyway?

Sorry if that sounds like a dumb question :D I''m still a PS newbie.

Woot! Yes you have gone over 100 posts! I read a thread somewhere about level changes...hehe, i''m a newbie too, but lately i''ve gone PS crazy because it''s more fun to be here than to be doing work.
3.gif

MonkeyPants

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/15/2009 2:20:25 PM

What a show-stopper!

And memorial day!? That''s so soon! Memorial day, indeed! Good luck trying to contain all of your excitement!

This is the setting i''m getting (in rose gold!)

Lex I LOVE rose gold! FF doesn''t so much. I wanted the halo part to be in rose gold, but I won''t die if it''s not. Your ring is beautiful!

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/15/2009 2:30:48 PM

Date: 5/15/2009 2:20:25 PM

What a show-stopper!

And memorial day!? That''s so soon! Memorial day, indeed! Good luck trying to contain all of your excitement!

This is the setting i''m getting (in rose gold!)

Lex I LOVE rose gold! FF doesn''t so much. I wanted the halo part to be in rose gold, but I won''t die if it''s not. Your ring is beautiful!
Thanks! I love it too! I think rose gold is so romantic. For our one year anniversary, bf bought me a promise ring that was rose & white gold. I''ve been addicted to it ever since! He has since bought me a bracelet and pendant in rose gold! He has always been really traditional and wanted me to have yellow gold for my ering so when HE suggested rose gold, I was floored! The best part is that the girl who had originally given us the quote for the ring quoted it about $250 under what it should have been (rose gold is more expensive than yellow or white). The jewelery store had to honor it since they had put it in writing!
36.gif
That money can go toward my wrap which we are having custom made in yellow gold
1.gif
(a nice compromise for us!)

I think that either a rose or white gold halo will be heavenly
12.gif
on your ring! lol

dust*dust*dust!

yay, 100 posts! isn''t ps fun?!

Little Monster

Shiny_Rock
Hi - could you add me to the list? Thanks!

Little Monster

b.anna

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/13/2009 4:57:39 PM

B. I''m jealous. I know my ring''s been ordered, but FF is being very secretive about when he ordered it and when it''s coming. I don''t know if I''d rather know, or be kept in the dark. Either way, I''m anxious!

MonkeyPants - im anxious too! sometimes i think it''s a blessing and a burden! i''m trying really hard not to ruin it for myself by looking at his phone to see if the jeweler has called yet. he has to make a final payment so im not sure if they can fed ex it, etc. according to him, he hasn''t gotten a call yet and it''s the 15th
7.gif
he said he''s call next week if he hasnt heard anything. i asked him to call tomorrow
9.gif

i looooove the ring you posted! it''s so gorgeous and unique!

jaylex - i love your ring too! i hope you get it soon!!!

and hello to the new LIWs!

this is the ring ff and i picked out together. the side diamonds came from his great grandmother and the center RB stone is a 0.91 E-VS1. we''re waiting forever for it because the band has to be custom fit for the side diamonds (they are old european melee cut diamonds and one has a crack on its side). so we had to send it tacori to do it in order to maintain the warranty. ahh i hope all this waiting is worth it! i won''t be able to see the finished product until he proposes!
39.gif

tacori2623.jpg

ProseCuter

Rough_Rock
Take me off the list. I''m engaged!
1.gif
1.gif

crl_md

Rough_Rock
i would love to be added to the list! met my boyfriend on my first day of medical school, we were in the same class. now after 3 years of dating we are soon to graduate and soon to be engaged i hope :) just tried on my first ever ring yesterday and it was THE ONE! now all i hope is that i see it again :)

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all-
I would love to be added to the list! This is an amazing the site a way newbie to pricescope but a lady in waiting for a while so might as well make it official and have some fun with it.

btw- gorgeous ring b. anna

:)
16ocean

NakedFinger

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/17/2009 12:15:25 PM
Author: ProseCuter
Take me off the list. I'm engaged!
1.gif
1.gif
Wow ProseCuter!!! You asked to be put on the list 5/11 and off 5/17! I think thats the quickest LIW stay ever!!
1.gif
Congrats!!

MonkeyPants

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/17/2009 12:15:25 PM
Author: ProseCuter
Take me off the list. I''m engaged!
1.gif
1.gif

Congrats! Do we get to hear the proposal story?
31.gif

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/16/2009 2:01:19 AM
Author: b.anna

B. I''m jealous. I know my ring''s been ordered, but FF is being very secretive about when he ordered it and when it''s coming. I don''t know if I''d rather know, or be kept in the dark. Either way, I''m anxious!

MonkeyPants - im anxious too! sometimes i think it''s a blessing and a burden! i''m trying really hard not to ruin it for myself by looking at his phone to see if the jeweler has called yet. he has to make a final payment so im not sure if they can fed ex it, etc. according to him, he hasn''t gotten a call yet and it''s the 15th
7.gif
he said he''s call next week if he hasnt heard anything. i asked him to call tomorrow
9.gif

this is the ring ff and i picked out together. the side diamonds came from his great grandmother and the center RB stone is a 0.91 E-VS1. we''re waiting forever for it because the band has to be custom fit for the side diamonds (they are old european melee cut diamonds and one has a crack on its side). so we had to send it tacori to do it in order to maintain the warranty. ahh i hope all this waiting is worth it! i won''t be able to see the finished product until he proposes!
39.gif

Thanks, b! Yours is lovely! I love all of the detail and extra sparklies! And I''m sure that all of your waiting will be worth it and that it will look even pretteir thain you expected.

b.anna

Shiny_Rock
jay and ocean: thanks for the lovely compliments! we actually have to wait ANOTHER week for it, making it about 7 weeks of total waiting. more on top of when ff and first talked about getting engaged. i guess this is engagement season and jewelers are busy!

i hope we get to hear prose''s proposal story too! plus the ring of course :)

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
so many pretties on one page!
glad the screen isn''t as sparkly as real live diamonds or i''d be staring at this page for hours
23.gif
and my face''d be stuck like that too!

gorgeous rings ladies, can''t wait to see them on your hands
9.gif

and one more vote for hearing that proposal story!

vetrogrl

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone

I would like to join the LIW list...but not sure how to add my name...

MonkeyPants

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/16/2009 2:01:19 AM
Author: b.anna

7.gif
9.gif

39.gif

ooo b. soo pretty...

MonkeyPants

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Hi, so everyone who wanted to see pictures and hear Prose''s story, it''s got its own thread called "Did you say yes?" Unfortunately I''m not tech savvy enough to attach the link to this post...but yes make your way over there. Cute story!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/19/2009 12:58:34 PM
Author: vetrogrl
Hi Everyone

I would like to join the LIW list...but not sure how to add my name...
Hi, Vetro!
35.gif

Ladypirate is the list keeper. She will see your request to be added to the list, and add you next time she updates.

Which.. usually is Tuesday...so, soon!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results