shape
carat
color
clarity

The LIW Small Talk Thread

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
Good morning everyone!

So HudsonHawk''s post in another section about being married and feeling like there was no specific "place" for her got me thinking... I''m not a LIW but I participate in the LIW small talk thread. Does that mean I shouldn''t be here?
7.gif

Jessie - I''m sorry you''re having/had such a bad day. I agree with vip - ICE CREAM!!! And the pics you posted are adorable!

Dinner went really well last night. DH was totally surprised when he walked in and saw the food on the table with wine and candles. And I even made chocolate covered strawberries for dessert! (And I''m not gonna lie... we DID still get ice cream later on from Baskin Robbins...
9.gif
)

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good Morning, everyone!

No way, Lilac! You don''t have to be an LIW to be here. I''m not one either... actually... a lot of the ladies in here are not LIWs! I''m glad dinner went well!! I LOOOOVE chocolate covered strawberries! So delicious!
18.gif

Jessie - Sorry you''re having a rough day! I hope things get better SOON! Cute pics of your babies!
30.gif

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Me either, Lilac. In fact, I only started posting on the LIW small talk thread after my wedding. Go figure! I saw your thread in SMTR, by the way, and I LOVE your rings!

Good morning, all!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Hey, I''m not exactly a LIW, either. (I think most of you are closer to the LIW phase than I am, actually...) I just like hanging out with the small talk ladies.

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
I just read this review of "The Tall Book" and thought it might interest some of you taller ladies, in light of our discussion the other day. The author is a woman who''s 6''3"!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2009 8:13:31 AM
Author: Lilac
Good morning everyone!

So HudsonHawk''s post in another section about being married and feeling like there was no specific ''place'' for her got me thinking... I''m not a LIW but I participate in the LIW small talk thread. Does that mean I shouldn''t be here?
7.gif
No way jose! In fact, there are quite a few of us who aren''t, and haven''t been, LIW for the longest time....namely me! LOL

All are welcome!

Morning everyone. I slept until almost 10! I haven''t done that in the longest. I love having summer Fridays!!!! (not to rub it in
9.gif
)

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
Good morning ladies, and happy Friday!

Lilac - I''m so happy dinner went well! Chocolate covered strawberries AND ice cream?! Yuuuum! Oh, and I echo everyone else when they say that all is welcome on here! I love everyone''s company on here wether they''re a LIW or not.
9.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2009 10:08:11 AM
Author: Bia

Good morning everyone!

So HudsonHawk''s post in another section about being married and feeling like there was no specific ''place'' for her got me thinking... I''m not a LIW but I participate in the LIW small talk thread. Does that mean I shouldn''t be here?
7.gif
No way jose! In fact, there are quite a few of us who aren''t, and haven''t been, LIW for the longest time....namely me! LOL

All are welcome!

Morning everyone. I slept until almost 10! I haven''t done that in the longest. I love having summer Fridays!!!! (not to rub it in
9.gif
)
Brat.

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
Mornin''. BF left at 4:00 a.m. for a weekend trip - this is our first time apart for more than one night
7.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2009 10:25:25 AM
Author: elledizzy5

Good morning everyone!

7.gif

All are welcome!

9.gif
)

Brat.
*smooch*

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aww.. Litchick... the first ones are always tough! It IS always nice to get a little time to yourself though!

What''s everyone up to this weekend?

Bia

Ideal_Rock
I''m going to the beach. Then out to dinner with friends.

Tomorrow...school
29.gif

Have a great day everyone!

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/17/2009 10:39:15 AM
Date: 7/17/2009 10:25:25 AM

Author: elledizzy5

Good morning everyone!

7.gif

All are welcome!

9.gif
)

Brat.

*smooch*

LOL!

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/17/2009 10:25:41 AM
Author: LitigatorChick
Mornin''. BF left at 4:00 a.m. for a weekend trip - this is our first time apart for more than one night
7.gif

Awww! I agree with elle. First time is always the hardest but, it is nice to have alone time. I''d order some dinner in, take a relaxing bubblebath and watch a movie with your son. I love relaxing nights like that!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2009 11:07:14 AM
Author: vip0802

7.gif

Awww! I agree with elle. First time is always the hardest but, it is nice to have alone time. I''d order some dinner in, take a relaxing bubblebath and watch a movie with your son. I love relaxing nights like that!
Heck yeah! Make it Miller time! What better way to spend the time apart than by focusing totally on the most important (little) man in your life?

princesss

Ideal_Rock
And weekend plans....oh boy.

Tonight: 2nd coat of paint in the guest bathroom, birthday party for my friend.

Tomorrow: Clean room; bake cookies; help set up fundraiser; sell pizza, snacks, and drinks at a tournament; convince old teammate of BF''s to call himself a sponsor and give us discounted jerseys

Sunday: Practice. Sleep. Rock climb? Kayak? SLEEP.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Morning one and all! Happy Friday to you!!!! I went to the dentist yesterday. I hate going to the dentist! I''ll have to go back because one of my fillings is "falling apart" if you will.....and needs replaced. I''m not looking forward to that!

Bia- You lucky girl you. I have to sit in the office all day until 5
14.gif

Litigator- It''s certainly hard to be apart. At least it''s only the weekend

princesss- I need to clean this weekend too! Maybe on Sunday because it''s going to be super hot on that day and I don''t like going out in that dreaded heat

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
this weekend snuck up on me!

Plans-
Tonight:bike rides?, makin chili with my guy
Sat: dog park, dog baths, picnic and play in the park
Sun: BAKING!!!!

any fun baking suggestions? I am sending stuff to DHs work, so anything goes. Princesss??

Also, anyone want to see the invites I am ordering? Super late, but what can you do.

http://www.whiteaisle.com/lily_invitation_2009.html

I love them. So much. In sage and cocoa
30.gif

I actually did a re-wedding task! I am proud of myself
3.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
oh Miscka! I love those invites!!!!!
36.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I have to go to the dentist on Monday.
38.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Morning all! Miscka those are great! White Aisle has amazing invitations, ahhh.

Folks, it''s gonna be 94 when I get off work, guess who''ll be cuddling with the fan tonight? This girl.
9.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2009 11:46:43 AM
Author: sunnyd

Folks, it''s gonna be 94 when I get off work, guess who''ll be cuddling with the fan tonight? This girl.
9.gif
it will?!?!?! cripes almighty i am going to die at work then. our heater is busted at work, so its ALWAYS ON.

definately going for a skirt today at work!

E came home this morning with flowers, new coffee traveler and starbucks gift card. what a sweetie
30.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Morning!

I''m not going to be around a ton (2 homework assignments and a final before Monday) but I just wanted to say have a great weekend
1.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
this weekend is working till 6 tonight
7.gif
so i might clean the house when i get home

saturday is work again until 1, and then kirkland wine/art days - although i think we''ll save 20 bucks and buy a bottle of 3 buck chuck and do our own "wine tasting" and then hit up the arts and crafts part

sunday - dress shopping with another bridefriend at the brides for a cure show

oh and at somepoint this weekend checking out E''s Parents backyard to see if we can have our wedding there!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2009 12:28:10 PM
Author: jcarlylew

Date: 7/17/2009 11:46:43 AM
Author: sunnyd

9.gif
it will?!?!?! cripes almighty i am going to die at work then. our heater is busted at work, so its ALWAYS ON.

definately going for a skirt today at work!

E came home this morning with flowers, new coffee traveler and starbucks gift card. what a sweetie
30.gif
Yeah. Crazy!

Aw, that''s so sweet!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
A wine fair, you say...?
31.gif
18.gif

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/17/2009 11:21:14 AM
Author: princesss

Date: 7/17/2009 11:07:14 AM
Author: vip0802

7.gif

Heck yeah! Make it Miller time! What better way to spend the time apart than by focusing totally on the most important (little) man in your life?
I love Miller Time!!!!! In fact, I have a pizza picnic planned, a snuggle in mommy''s bed, and then a trip to the farmer''s market. But Miller is sad too - he misses my BF like crazy. He has been asking already this morning where he is, and if we can call him or go find him.

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/17/2009 11:41:37 AM
Author: Miscka
this weekend snuck up on me!

Plans-

Tonight:bike rides?, makin chili with my guy

Sat: dog park, dog baths, picnic and play in the park

Sun: BAKING!!!!

any fun baking suggestions? I am sending stuff to DHs work, so anything goes. Princesss??

Also, anyone want to see the invites I am ordering? Super late, but what can you do.

http://www.whiteaisle.com/lily_invitation_2009.html

I love them. So much. In sage and cocoa
30.gif

I actually did a re-wedding task! I am proud of myself
3.gif

those invites are gorgeous! I love the sage and cocoa color scheme! It''s so pretty!

As far as baking ideas, how about cupcakes? They''re currently my obsession at the moment and there are some really good recipes on the cupcake thread!

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Morning Ladies. I have been at work and it is busy. I hate busy fridays. Thanks about my babiess..im pretty proud of them. Espically Speedi, when C found speedi she was the size of a quater, and he carried her in his pocket. Now its hard to pick her up....and she thinks shes a water dog!

Lilac, im happy dinner went well. Its great when something turns out nice

Litigator- awwww, i cant relate to that, but im sure it will weird for you tonight, but think of it this way, you can now strecth out in bed, and take up all the space you want and eat stuff in bed!
31.gif

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone for making me feel so welcome
9.gif
I guess it''s true now that you all pointed it out - a lot of people here aren''t LIW! It''s just a fun thread.

I''m trying to decide when to leave to go pick DH up from work. We''re going up to a house on a lake for the weekend with my father and stepmom but in order to get there sooner I have to pick him up from work. I''ll be stuck in traffic by myself for about...... 3 hours probably. Then another 3 and a half to get up to the house.

AHHHH I hate traffic!
11.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results