shape
carat
color
clarity

The LIW Small Talk Thread

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Yeah.....I'm glad I was home with her at the time. I was thinking about it and really she went out in a good way. No pain or suffering. She lived every day as a happy little dog (with the exception of some arthuritis that she took medication for) but otherwise she was happy until the day. Then she suffered a stroke and passed the same day peacfully in her bed in my room. She kind of had her own little funeral because FF came by after work to see her, my brother came, me and my parents but my mom, brother and I were there with her when she left us...

There isn't a day I don't think about the little angel!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Aw, that''s a bummer.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I''ve gotta say, DG, I''m impressed you know the day. When I had to put my girl down...well, I''ve mostly blocked out that day from my memory. I couldn''t even tell you what time of year it was.

The day my cat died...well, that day was traumatic enough for me to remember. My brother''s 1st bday, 5 days before Christmas. I hadn''t even had her for 2 weeks.
38.gif

ksluice

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 12:15:33 PM
Author: jcarlylew
Date: 7/14/2009 12:12:10 PM

Author: TopoDazzle

Ah, camping...I once had a friend say that the closest she did to camping was staying at one of those hotels where your door opens onto the wilderness. This still cracks me up.
thats is my mom and sister to a T - i dont even use an air mattress!

LOL, whoa. That is some serious camping mojo you got there!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 4:17:39 PM
Author: elledizzy5

Date: 7/14/2009 4:17:01 PM
Author: Dreamgirl
co-worker just gave me popcorn. mmmmm that is tasty too!
14.gif

I hate popcorn!
wow!! so do i!!!!!!

crazy. i thought i was the only one!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 5:00:34 PM
Author: princesss
I''ve gotta say, DG, I''m impressed you know the day. When I had to put my girl down...well, I''ve mostly blocked out that day from my memory. I couldn''t even tell you what time of year it was.

The day my cat died...well, that day was traumatic enough for me to remember. My brother''s 1st bday, 5 days before Christmas. I hadn''t even had her for 2 weeks.
38.gif
I remember everything from that day. She was such a huge part of my life...16 years!

Your cat''s passing does sound traumatic. That''s too bad! Yes, I also remember because it was 4 days after my birthday. Can''t forget that.

ksluice

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 1:25:38 PM
OMG, the FISH video totally changed my life. Seriously. Play, Make Their Day, Be There, and Choose Your Attitude are the foundation of my daily life. Choose Your Attitude was especially revolutionary for me. I can''t say enough about how much I''ve changed since watching that video.

And I thought you guys would enjoy this:

I have a secret crush on the Snuggie. I desperately want one. I''m ALWAYS cold, and I love snuggling up on the couch and reading, but it means one arm is always cold. Combined with that, my circulation kind of sucks, so whatever hand holds the book turns blue and my fingers don''t work so well. I finally admitted to BF that I wanted one yesterday. So today I had a terrible day, and BF agreed to bring lunch so we could sit by the pond at my office and eat together. Apparently he went searching through Target and Bed, Bath, & Beyond looking for one for me. And not just any one - the zebra print one (it''s my favourite).

Well, the plan didn''t work. He couldn''t find one. So instead I got to hear his story about going to BB&B. (He went up to the lady at the front register and said, ''So, I never thought I would say this, but here it goes. Do you have a Snuggie?'' and when she said they had blue and leopard print, he said, ''Again, I never thought I would say this, but I''m sorry. She has to have the zebra print Snuggie. Do you have zebra print?'') Oh, the things that boy endures for me.
3.gif
But it means I probably get a Snuggie soon. It cracks me up, though, that he''ll have this plan to surprise me, and then when it doesn''t work he gives up and just tells me what he was going to do. No delaying it, it''s just, ''Nope, that didn''t work. The plan flopped. Oh well. Honey, want to hear about this AWESOME plan I had?''

I dread what that means for a proposal, though.

Awesome story Princesss, and I think I know exactly what that proposal ends up being and its lovely just how it is. :)

ksluice

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 2:47:13 PM
Date: 7/14/2009 2:46:00 PM

Author: Lilac

Suddenly I keep getting really really dizzy. Like to the point where I can''t stand up without feeling like I''m going to fall. I tried eating lunch, I still feel the same way. I wonder why...

Personally I think I would go with the leopard print Snuggie. DH seems to like leopard print
2.gif

Hows your blood pressure? Mine is always low, and I get dizzy a lot, even with my increase in salt.

Are you dehydrated at all?

Exactly where my head went LBP or needs to drink more H2O

ksluice

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 3:00:22 PM
Author: Squirrly
Date: 7/14/2009 2:54:11 PM

Thanks elle and Bia. I''ll try drinking some water - maybe I am dehydrated.. my apartment is kinda hot I just turned on the air conditioner so maybe that will help. I used to get dizzy a lot but recently it hasn''t been happening until today.
try laying down and putting your feet/calves up on a chair/box/couch. when i get dizzy it''s cause my blood decides it doesn''t like my brain (don''t know why, not like my brain works all that hard or anything
25.gif
) and decides it''s just going to chill in my legs until i force it to move. silly blood.

what about salt? had much of that lately?

Also, if its bad-- contract your tummy muscles like you trying to push...that helps keep your BP up

ksluice

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 4:03:16 PM
Date: 7/14/2009 4:01:45 PM

Date: 7/14/2009 3:59:04 PM

Oh yeah? Well I have fat free Fage, honey, and a berry mix of rasp, blue, and straw waiting in my fridge.

Its JUST like pie.
20.gif
mmmmm that sounds disgusting. lol

Well it tastes good, or I wouldn''t eat it.

However, it''s not pie.

Pretty close to it! I LOVE fage! Fage + fruit+honey +toasted almonds is almost= to a sundae IMHO

ksluice

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 4:18:47 PM
Ugh. I just remembered that the Ann Arbor Art Fair starts this weekend.

Great. The entire downtown area is blocked off for annoying tourists.
20.gif

This weekend? Elle, love, it starts tomorrow. AVOID DT!!!

ksluice

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 4:55:20 PM
Yeah.....I''m glad I was home with her at the time. I was thinking about it and really she went out in a good way. No pain or suffering. She lived every day as a happy little dog (with the exception of some arthuritis that she took medication for) but otherwise she was happy until the day. Then she suffered a stroke and passed the same day peacfully in her bed in my room. She kind of had her own little funeral because FF came by after work to see her, my brother came, me and my parents but my mom, brother and I were there with her when she left us...

There isn''t a day I don''t think about the little angel!

SO sorry DG (((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))

ksluice

Brilliant_Rock
Whew, ok just caught up with y''all...hello? anyone still here??? lol
3.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
lol Topo you are a doll! Usually if I''m not around I just don''t have the time to go back and read everything. Look at the woman go!

And thanks for the hugs
2.gif

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
Wow I go post some pics and come back to catch up on 3 pages!

DG - I''m sorry about you''re dog
8.gif
I remember when my little dog died - it was so sad and I still think about her all the time.

To answer your question from around 2 pages ago - I somehow managed to get addicted to GH when I was like 10 years old. My mom would have it on in the background when she thought I was sleeping and really I was pretending to sleep and listening to it the whole time
9.gif
. I''ve been watching it consistently though for around 10 years probably.

ksluice

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 5:37:17 PM
lol Topo you are a doll! Usually if I''m not around I just don''t have the time to go back and read everything. Look at the woman go!

And thanks for the hugs
2.gif

Aw, shucks....
16.gif
Thanks DG I was just missing everyone....so i pretended I was still with y''ll IRT

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 5:25:08 PM
Author: TopoDazzle
Date: 7/14/2009 3:00:22 PM

Author: Squirrly

Date: 7/14/2009 2:54:11 PM

Thanks elle and Bia. I''ll try drinking some water - maybe I am dehydrated.. my apartment is kinda hot I just turned on the air conditioner so maybe that will help. I used to get dizzy a lot but recently it hasn''t been happening until today.
try laying down and putting your feet/calves up on a chair/box/couch. when i get dizzy it''s cause my blood decides it doesn''t like my brain (don''t know why, not like my brain works all that hard or anything
25.gif
) and decides it''s just going to chill in my legs until i force it to move. silly blood.

what about salt? had much of that lately?

Also, if its bad-- contract your tummy muscles like you trying to push...that helps keep your BP up

Thanks! I''ll try that... My head''s starting to hurt (migraine coming on..?? I hope not) so I''m going to take some Tylenol now. Which of course NEVER works. Ever. You would think by now I would give up trying to take it.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 3:20:37 PM
hahahaha.... I will have to tell FI that you are all amused with his antics.
2.gif

You have no idea how proud he was of that domain name. Really. You don''t.
By the by Elle, you have inspired FI to get "drunk" (don''t know how, since he can''t drink) at his bachelor party and buy the domain name: "ijustdryhumpedastripper.com".

Yeah.

I laughed hysterically.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 6:05:42 PM

8.gif
I remember when my little dog died - it was so sad and I still think about her all the time.

To answer your question from around 2 pages ago - I somehow managed to get addicted to GH when I was like 10 years old. My mom would have it on in the background when she thought I was sleeping and really I was pretending to sleep and listening to it the whole time
9.gif
yeah sometimes this thread moves way too fast!

Thank you, it sure is hard when they are such a big part of your life. Even after all these years!

Wow, me and you should start a new GH thread! I can talk and talk about that for ages! I didn''t watch yesterday''s episode though because when I got home I watched the Bachelorette. Anyway, I got hooked on GH pretty much just like you! I remember I was around 5 or 6 when Sesame Street would be over my mom would put GH on and I''d watch with her. Gosh that was so long ago! And ever since then I''ve watched with her. It was hard when I went to school and many times I didn''t get to watch and she would just updated me on what was happening. But when I got into high school I really watched it religiously at that point. So we still watch together all the time. It''s so funny too because when it''s on....we talk about what''s happening and we talk to the characters on the tv! You know (ie. "Oh Patrick just get up there and sing!") lol We love Spinelli! He cracks me up. Diane is hilarious too. Friday''s episode was ending with Patrick and Robin singing on stage. And I can''t help but wonder what this big deal is that Spinelli is about to do when on stage. Propose to Maxi I wonder?

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 6:32:32 PM
Date: 7/14/2009 6:05:42 PM

8.gif

9.gif
yeah sometimes this thread moves way too fast!

Thank you, it sure is hard when they are such a big part of your life. Even after all these years!

Wow, me and you should start a new GH thread! I can talk and talk about that for ages! I didn''t watch yesterday''s episode though because when I got home I watched the Bachelorette. Anyway, I got hooked on GH pretty much just like you! I remember I was around 5 or 6 when Sesame Street would be over my mom would put GH on and I''d watch with her. Gosh that was so long ago! And ever since then I''ve watched with her. It was hard when I went to school and many times I didn''t get to watch and she would just updated me on what was happening. But when I got into high school I really watched it religiously at that point. So we still watch together all the time. It''s so funny too because when it''s on....we talk about what''s happening and we talk to the characters on the tv! You know (ie. ''Oh Patrick just get up there and sing!'') lol We love Spinelli! He cracks me up. Diane is hilarious too. Friday''s episode was ending with Patrick and Robin singing on stage. And I can''t help but wonder what this big deal is that Spinelli is about to do when on stage. Propose to Maxi I wonder?

Today''s show was cute. I won''t say anything because I think you said you DVR it for later, but if you like Spinelli it was really cute today (I thought so anyway). I kinda like Spinelli and Maxie together!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Awww man I have to catch up! I''m usually a day or two behind due to my job. Maxi and Spinelli are pretty cute together. You know who I don''t like? Is that Ethan. My personal taste doesn''t care for him. He seems so.....what''s the word......greasy. lol!

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 6:40:31 PM
Awww man I have to catch up! I''m usually a day or two behind due to my job. Maxi and Spinelli are pretty cute together. You know who I don''t like? Is that Ethan. My personal taste doesn''t care for him. He seems so.....what''s the word......greasy. lol!

I HATE Ethan. I don''t find him attractive and I don''t find him funny. I find him annoying and I can''t understand anything he says. Some people love him and I just don''t get it!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh I know!!! He mumbles and slurs when he talks. I don''t know if he is even acting of if that''s how he is! Plus I feel so sorry for Natalia Livingston having to kiss him. YUCK!!!!!
14.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 6:20:37 PM
Author: FrekeChild

Date: 7/14/2009 3:20:37 PM
hahahaha.... I will have to tell FI that you are all amused with his antics.
2.gif

You have no idea how proud he was of that domain name. Really. You don''t.
By the by Elle, you have inspired FI to get ''drunk'' (don''t know how, since he can''t drink) at his bachelor party and buy the domain name: ''ijustdryhumpedastripper.com''.

Yeah.

I laughed hysterically.
bahahahhahahaha!

i think i am going to buy
"dontworrythestripperisuglierthanyou.com"

that gem of a comment came from a drunk boyf at a bacholor party. LOL. i still crack up about it.

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
ok, i tried to do what TopoDazzle did (major kudos!) and tried to catch up, but i just couldn't.
7.gif
i think i had to go all the way back to page 40 and by the time i finish this post it'll be page 60 or something.
3.gif

Dreamgirl - i'm sorry about your dog! *HUGS* i haven't had a pet pass yet...well, besides the many goldfish from the fair, so i can't imagine how that must have felt. especially after 16 years...wow, i wouldn't know what to do. i sobbed un-controllably for days when i to give my doggie up and i only had her for a little less than a year. we ended up giving her to a friend-of-a-friend of my mom's who was looking for a companion dog for her dog. i was really relieved to have found a good home for her, and i knew she was going to be much happier there but, i couldn't help being sad about it.

princesss - i'm sorry about your dog and cat too! how traumatic! *HUGS* umm...so to kinda change the subject to happier things...i found your zebra-print Snuggie online and it looks so cool! if i had to choose between the new designer prints, i'd go for the zebra too. has your BF tried getting it online? i think he'll do a great job with the proposal! btw, BF gave me a weird look when i Googled "zebra-print Snuggie".

Lilac - i hope you're feeling better by now! i'm not sure what to tell you about the dizziness, but if you get a lot of migraines, i recommend getting a prescription drug called Maxalt. i used to get killer migraines and it helped a lot! as for as OTC drugs, i've always liked Excedrin. i used to be able to take that but a couple of years ago, i found out that i'm allergic to nsaids (basically anything containing aspirin, ibuprofen, and naproxen) so Tylenol is really the only thing i can take. man, before i realized i was allergic, i had a killer headache at work and a co-worker gave me an Advil Migraine. fast forward a half an hour later and my face broke out into massive hives! i ended up having to take a Benadryl, which made the hives subside a little, but then i was so drowsy for the rest of the work day.

a Vegas GTG for LIW?! i'm sooooooooo in! i can just imagine all of us going to Caesar's Palace or something and bombarding all the high-end jewelry places! i think we would annoy the sales associates into letting us try on all the pretty pieces, and then we would convince each other to buy something nice as a souvenir!
36.gif
31.gif

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
Good morning!
35.gif

vip - Same thing happened to me!!! I used to take Excedrin ALL the time for my migraines and headaches, and then a couple years ago I found out I was allergic to it! Never used to get a reaction from it, and it used to be the ONLY thing that helped, but one day my lips started swelling up (and I''m talking HUGE clown lips) and I couldn''t figure out why. Benadryl didn''t help much at all once it happened though. I went to a whole bunch of different allergists and finally figured out I was allergic to aspirin and NSAIDs. They said I need to stay away from it all now because the allergy could get worse and my throat could start swelling up one day, so now Tylenol is all I can take and it never works
8.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
We interrupt your regularly scheduled programming for this brief announcement:

I

HAVE

A

SNUGGIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

A fashionable zebra print one at that! It''s all warm and cozy. I love it. He snuck into my house and hid it in the living room so I''d see it when I got home. Of course, I didn''t notice it (
20.gif
) because I was wiped out from Ultimate (and a few pints). So I called him to say goodnight, and he told me to look on top of the TV and there it was! Poor boy went to three Targets to get it for me.
30.gif
It''s silly that it means so much, but he *never* does stuff like this. I was really touched. And now I can stay warm anytime I want to. YAY SNUGGIE!

(And yeah, when the time comes, in a few years, I''ve got faith he can pull this whole proposal thing off. Sneaky boy...)

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2009 8:51:12 AM

I

HAVE

A

A fashionable zebra print one at that! It''s all warm and cozy. I love it. He snuck into my house and hid it in the living room so I''d see it when I got home. Of course, I didn''t notice it (
20.gif
) because I was wiped out from Ultimate (and a few pints). So I called him to say goodnight, and he told me to look on top of the TV and there it was! Poor boy went to three Targets to get it for me.
30.gif
It''s silly that it means so much, but he *never* does stuff like this. I was really touched. And now I can stay warm anytime I want to. YAY SNUGGIE!

(And yeah, when the time comes, in a few years, I''ve got faith he can pull this whole proposal thing off. Sneaky boy...)
Aww, I love that he did that! How adorable! You''ve got a good one there!

ksluice

Brilliant_Rock

I

HAVE

A

20.gif
30.gif

LOL--so sweet. I can''t believe you didn''t notice right away. He was probably wondering, "why doesn''t she call??!"

wait a minute, what the heck does one need a snuggie for in charlotte in july???!! do illuminate princesss

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2009 9:15:08 AM
Author: TheBigT

I

HAVE

A

A fashionable zebra print one at that! It's all warm and cozy. I love it. He snuck into my house and hid it in the living room so I'd see it when I got home. Of course, I didn't notice it (
20.gif
30.gif
It's silly that it means so much, but he *never* does stuff like this. I was really touched. And now I can stay warm anytime I want to. YAY SNUGGIE!

(And yeah, when the time comes, in a few years, I've got faith he can pull this whole proposal thing off. Sneaky boy...)
Aww, I love that he did that! How adorable! You've got a good one there!
Very sweet
30.gif
Dont you love when they surprise you with their sweetness? It's like you know they have it in them, but you sometimes forget.

eta: Good Morning everyone!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results