shape
carat
color
clarity

Taking Bets: When Will Gwen and J Get Engaged?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Haha, you guys are too funny. Way more creative than me (and J? Stay tuned to find out!
3.gif
)! My gut feeling is that it''s going to be done here before we leave because he might be a bit scared about how the ring in pocket + metal detectors would work out, if we decide to travel to the airport together. But who knows?

Still, I keep thinking it''ll be on a weekend, Saturday I hope, so we can enjoy the weekend together being engaged before going back out into reality.
1.gif
But only one weekend left before we fly to the US (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) so he better get crackin''!
9.gif

Thanks for all your enthusiasm. Hopefully this thread won''t kill off your excitement when he actually does do it!
6.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 3:25:52 AM
Author: gwendolyn
Haha, you guys are too funny. Way more creative than me (and J? Stay tuned to find out!
3.gif
)! My gut feeling is that it''s going to be done here before we leave because he might be a bit scared about how the ring in pocket + metal detectors would work out, if we decide to travel to the airport together. But who knows?

Still, I keep thinking it''ll be on a weekend, Saturday I hope, so we can enjoy the weekend together being engaged before going back out into reality.
1.gif
But only one weekend left before we fly to the US (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) so he better get crackin''!
9.gif

Thanks for all your enthusiasm. Hopefully this thread won''t kill off your excitement when he actually does do it!
6.gif

Just an FYI on the bold part above. I never set off the metal detectors with my ring on. I thought I might but apparently its not enough to do it. Its platinum, which I have no idea if that makes a difference in whether or not it will set off the detectors. I''ve know guys who have sewn the ring into a little pocket on their underwear so they wouldn''t have worry about their girlfriend seeing it in their bag if they get searched. They had no issues with the detector either.

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Ugh. Aren''t you engaged YET?!?!

;-)

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ditto that chick above me. What''s her name again...

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Since FI thinks I''m nuts with all thie wriggling, I''m going to start....

DOING THE FUNKY CHICKEN UNTIL IT HAPPENS!

36.gif

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 11:33:05 AM
Author: Clairitek

Just an FYI on the bold part above. I never set off the metal detectors with my ring on. I thought I might but apparently its not enough to do it. Its platinum, which I have no idea if that makes a difference in whether or not it will set off the detectors. I''ve know guys who have sewn the ring into a little pocket on their underwear so they wouldn''t have worry about their girlfriend seeing it in their bag if they get searched. They had no issues with the detector either.

That''s awesome. My fiance doesn''t even know how to sew a button onto his shirt.
9.gif

Gwen, I''m rooting for you, but I still think he wants to speak to your parents in person....

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
How about now? Engaged yet?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
No no no!!! It''s NOW!!!!

(Is it?)

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Hahaha, y''all suck.
3.gif

TheBigT, you might be right--I don''t know. He knows that two friends of ours want to throw us a party the first weekend (Sunday) we''re home, so if he is planning to wait to talk to my folks in person first, my guess is that we''ll be engaged either during or before that party on Sunday. Which would also be cool. I can be patient another couple of weeks.
2.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Ok, add "What''s your favourite kind of flower?" to the list of obvious questions he''s asked me now. (And this makes the 3rd or 4th time he''s asked me that--I should tell him to start writing this stuff down!)
5.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2009 3:28:52 AM
Hahaha, y''all suck.
3.gif

TheBigT, you might be right--I don''t know. He knows that two friends of ours want to throw us a party the first weekend (Sunday) we''re home, so if he is planning to wait to talk to my folks in person first, my guess is that we''ll be engaged either during or before that party on Sunday. Which would also be cool. I can be patient another couple of weeks.
2.gif

You might be able to be patient but I can''t!! I cannot wait to see your I''m engaged post
36.gif
36.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2009 6:28:47 AM
Author: bee*
Date: 3/25/2009 3:28:52 AM

Hahaha, y''all suck.
3.gif

2.gif

You might be able to be patient but I can''t!! I cannot wait to see your I''m engaged post
36.gif
36.gif

Me either
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
, I wannna read it NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW
25.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2009 3:43:46 AM
Ok, add ''What''s your favourite kind of flower?'' to the list of obvious questions he''s asked me now. (And this makes the 3rd or 4th time he''s asked me that--I should tell him to start writing this stuff down!)
5.gif

lol - cute!!

gummibear

Shiny_Rock
Hi gwendolyn! I''m a newbie here, but I''ve lurked since god knows when...maybe last Summer??
23.gif
But I just wanted to chime in and say I really, truly hope that this is your time!!!
9.gif
You''ve been one of the most awesome, uplifting people on PS and you deserve it, girl!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t wait either. Tell him to do it now!!!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2009 2:05:38 PM
Author: FrekeChild
How in the world have I missed this thread.... it''s 6 bloody pages long!!!

[goes to join shouting mob...] NOW! NOW! NOW!

28.gif

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
gwen, I haven''t chimed in until now but the supsense is killing me too! J''s not-so-subtle questions are priceless!

I think it''ll happen a night or two before you get on the plane to go home. That way the moment you land you can spread the wonderful news and celebrate with all of your friends and family. Wooo!

wishinpink

Brilliant_Rock
AHHHHHHHH tell him to do it NNNNNNOWWWWWWWW!

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
How about NOW!?! You might be able to wait a few more weeks but I can''t. I am SO excited for you!!!

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
so... what is your favorite kind of flower?

Also, I think questions like that indicate he''ll propose close to home, so he can get your favorite flower, etc. Not that I read too much into things...
2.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 1:17:48 PM
Author: TheBigT
so... what is your favorite kind of flower?
Oh, I wasn''t much help because I love lots of types of flowers: roses, calla lilies, sunflowers, daisies--even dandelions.
3.gif

Also, I think questions like that indicate he''ll propose close to home, so he can get your favorite flower, etc. Not that I read too much into things...
2.gif
I''ve done the SAME exact thing, haha! My guess was that he''d probably do it here in the flat, AND that he isn''t going to do it at home in the US because he won''t have any independent means of transportation. Theoretically, he COULD ask one of my parents or my brother to drive him somewhere to get stuff, but he''s probably too shy to do that. So I''m guessing this weekend before we fly, and then big celebrations when we get home!
9.gif

But who knows, goodness knows I''ve been VERY wrong before.
14.gif
2.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2009 3:22:33 PM
Author: meresal
Date: 3/25/2009 2:05:38 PM

Author: FrekeChild

How in the world have I missed this thread.... it''s 6 bloody pages long!!!

[goes to join shouting mob...] NOW! NOW! NOW!

28.gif
Hahaha, thanks, darlin''! I am starting to get pretty excited again...this weekend, maybe?!!
5.gif
5.gif
5.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2009 12:01:07 PM
Author: gummibear
Hi gwendolyn! I''m a newbie here, but I''ve lurked since god knows when...maybe last Summer??
23.gif
But I just wanted to chime in and say I really, truly hope that this is your time!!!
9.gif
You''ve been one of the most awesome, uplifting people on PS and you deserve it, girl!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
Awww, that''s so sweet of you, gummibear! Thank you!!
9.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
And I''ll only tell him to do it NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW if we get to the end of our trip in the states and he hasn''t done it yet.
6.gif
3.gif

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 1:28:00 PM
And I''ll only tell him to do it NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW if we get to the end of our trip in the states and he hasn''t done it yet.
6.gif
3.gif
Ooo, if he hasn''t done it by then, us Angry Mob will tackle him! It will be easier being on the same land.
31.gif
27.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 1:51:45 PM
Author: choro72
Date: 3/26/2009 1:28:00 PM

6.gif
3.gif

Ooo, if he hasn''t done it by then, us Angry Mob will tackle him! It will be easier being on the same land.
31.gif
27.gif
Haha, yes!! It''s good to have reinforcements.
16.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah if he hasn''t done it by the end of your trip...lets just say that he doesn''t want to travel any further west than the east coast...
32.gif

NOW NOW NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You do have quite the excited (and potentially angry) mob here! You are loved, for sure!!

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 1:25:54 PM

Hahaha, thanks, darlin''! I am starting to get pretty excited again...this weekend, maybe?!!
5.gif
5.gif
5.gif

THIS weekend. Eeek now I am getting excited!

I was a long time lurker before joining PS and have loved reading your posts. I''m being a little selfish here, but a tiny, tiny part of me doesn''t want you engaged so soon, because then you probably won''t be in the LIW forum as much.
7.gif

Alright... I won''t be selfish... TONS and TONS of *dust* for THIS weekend being yours!!
36.gif

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Engaged yet?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results