shape
carat
color
clarity

Survey!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jennyt

Rough_Rock
Thought this would be fun to "get to know each other" a little better.
10.gif
I apologize if it''s been done before.

About the couple:
1. Your age
2. BFs age
3. How long have you been dating
4. Any idea on when the proposal will happen?
5. Does he know that you''re READY?

Your ring preferences(or the ring you have, if you''re a graduate!)
1. Size
2. Shape
3. Color
4. Cut
5. Clarity
6. Setting
7. Are you/will you be involved in the stone/ring selection?

The Wedding

1. Any planning already done?
2. Ideal wedding date
3. Big wedding/small wedding
4. Dream Dress
5. Dream honeymoon location

For me:

About the couple:
1. Your age:24
2. BFs age:23
3. How long have you been dating: 6 years
4. Any idea on when the proposal will happen? Not really...maybe next couple of months?
5. Does he know that you''re READY? YES
1. Size: 1 carat or so
2. Shape: RB
3. Color: I or better
4. Cut: Ideal
5. Clarity: Eye clean
6. Setting: Hmmm...Solitaire or Vatche pave...mmmm...
7. Are you/will you be involved in the stone/ring selection? He knows my preferences...but he will take care of the rest

The Wedding

1. Any planning already done? Just browsing websites and stuff...nothing "official"
2. Ideal wedding date: Spring/Summer 2006
3. Big wedding/small wedding: Medium-ish I think...although I would kind of like a big one!
4. Dream Dress: I looovvvvveee Reem Acra but that is SO not happening!
5. Dream honeymoon location: Europe or St. Thomas

blue_chica

Shiny_Rock
J had better propose soon or I am going to get fired for spending too much time on PS.
27.gif

About the couple:
1. Your age - 27
2. BFs age - 27
3. How long have you been dating - 1.5 years, I know, not all that long really. What can I say, I''m impatient once I know what I want.
4. Any idea on when the proposal will happen? Nope, but should be within a couple of months since he has the ring.
5. Does he know that you''re READY? Yup. He is too.

Your ring preferences(or the ring you have, if you''re a graduate!) - He has the ring
1. Size 1.3 ct
2. Shape RB
3. Color H
4. Cut - H&A
5. Clarity SI1 - eye clean
6. Setting - Kirk Kara platinum antique-look, one of two designs, one with side stones, the other without. I don''t know which one he went for.
7. Are you/will you be involved in the stone/ring selection? Yup, did most of it. I''m a control freak, couldn''t help it. BF and I have way too different of tastes.

The Wedding

1. Any planning already done? Not concrete planning but I''ve been getting ideas.
2. Ideal wedding date. Depends on the honeymoon, but June 2006 or Aug 2006.
3. Big wedding/small wedding - ~30-50 people most likely, which makes it small.
4. Dream Dress - No idea yet. I''m not even looking right now really.
5. Dream honeymoon location - New Zealand (esp. diving and the Milford Trek), but we''re talking about World Cup Germany 2006 as well. (We''re going to that anyway, and it may make more sense to have the wedding before that trip and call it a honeymoon, rather than deal with wedding post-trip. Either way I''ll get to NZ eventually!)

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh goody!!
36.gif

About the couple:
1. Your age--21
2. BFs age--21
3. How long have you been dating--1 year, four months
4. Any idea on when the proposal will happen?--"soon"
9.gif
5. Does he know that you're READY?--Um, yeah, I'd say so!!
9.gif

My ring preferences:
1. Size--SHHHHHH.... don't tell him!! ... about 3/4 ct. But I like anything from 1/3 to 3/4.
1.gif

2. Shape--Round. Although I've got my eye on something else for a RHR when I win the lotto. A jubilee, maybe?
3. Color--H or better.
4. Cut--Frickin' amazing!
5. Clarity--If I can't see anything, I'm happy!
6. Setting--Plenty to choose from that I'd love... the one I'm oogling now is a euro-shank with melee bead-set in a channel to the hips.
7. Are you/will you be involved in the stone/ring selection?--Probably not the stone, but good possibility I will be involved for the ring.

The Wedding
1. Any planning already done?--Heh... heh... nooooo, of course not......
11.gif

2. Ideal wedding date--09.07.06
3. Big wedding/small wedding--SMALL!!!!
4. Dream Dress--Two-piece, corset-top and full ballroom skirt with a chiffon overlay.
5. Dream honeymoon location--Tahiti. But I'll "settle" for the Bahamas, instead.
2.gif

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
Great idea!

About the couple:
1. Your age 29
2. BFs age 30
3. How long have you been dating Since December 2001 -- a little over three years
4. Any idea on when the proposal will happen? Not sure, but I''ve given myself until September before we have "the talk"
5. Does he know that you''re READY?Letting him know a little each day

1. Size 2.5+ carats
2. Shape Between Round, Cushion and Radiant
3. Color H or above
4. Cut not sure
5. Clarity VS2 or above
6. Setting If round, with pear sidestones. Not sure about the other shapes
7. Are you/will you be involved in the stone/ring selection? Just the looking stage... he''s very picky and I''m sure I''ll love whatever he gets me!

The Wedding

1. Any planning already done? Just that it will be in Manhattan
2. Ideal wedding date Since we''re Jewish and want a Saturday night wedding, probably sometime early November or late March/early April
3. Big wedding/small wedding Only people that I or my bf have personally met and have seen/spoken to within the last year will be invited -- probably around 100 people
4. Dream Dress No idea
5. Dream honeymoon location Someplace to relax but that has activities, esp. golf -- my bf cannot sit still for more than an hour and he''s a golf fanatic. I''m thinking Hawaii.

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Yay!!! How fun!!! Great idea jennyt!!

About the couple:
1. Your age: 23
2. BFs age: 25
3. How long have you been dating: 7 years, 4 months
4. Any idea on when the proposal will happen? Happened on Nov 19, 2004 (FINALLY!!!) and he picked up and presented the ring to me on December 23rd, 2004.
5. Does he know that you''re READY? Oh yeah.....

1. Size: 3/8 ct (0.375)
2. Shape: pear
3. Color: G
4. Cut: ?, but very good as far as I can tell - minimal bowtie, incredible fire and sparkle!
5. Clarity: SI2
6. Setting: Hmmmmm... unique, pear off-center, accent rb beneath it. See HERE for pics!!!
7. Are you/will you be involved in the stone/ring selection? Not at all, and my ring is NOTHING like what I told him I thought I wanted!! Except that it''s plat, simple, and a thin band. He made a PERFECT choice!!!!!

The Wedding

1. Any planning already done? Dress & veil bought, reception site/caterer, photog, videog, tuxes, and DJ being narrowed down SOOOOOON!!!!!, meeting with 1st florist tomorrow, church done, BM dresses color done, style not, ummm, what else........ guest list being finalized today!!
2. Ideal wedding date: June 24, 2005 is our date.
3. Big wedding/small wedding: Small/medium - about 100 people for hors d''oeuvres and dessert.
4. Dream Dress: Maggie Sottero''s Mileta in diamond white!!
5. Dream honeymoon location: The GBR in Australia!! More likely is a Caribbean cruise, and Aus for our 1st anni!!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
emlove.gif
I love this stuff!!
emlove.gif

About the couple:
1. Your age: 30
2. BFs age: 31
3. How long have you been dating: Almost 8.5 years (dating 10/25/96; met 8/4/96)
4. Any idea on when the proposal will happen?: SOON I HOPE, DEAR GOD!!!!!!!! Hopefully before his 32nd b-day in April. GIRL SOON, PUH-LEEEEEZZEEE???!!!
5. Does he know that you're READY?: See above. Um, yeah. OH yeah.

Your ring preferences:
1. Size: Pre-PS, ~ 1. Post-PS, I have shrinkage syndrome before I even have a diamond!! Now I say closer to 1.5 or above. Plus, it depends on the cut. I'd "need" bigger for an asscher (between 1.5-2) whereas for, say, a cushion I think it could be smaller.)
2. Shape: I'm in love with asschers, but also fond of squarish cushions.
3. Color: G and above, I hope? (I'm color sensitive, I've found)
4. Cut: Cut is king, baby!!
5. Clarity: Eye clean. But for an asscher, nothing below VS2.
6. Setting: Platinum for sure. Love Daniel K boxter & Rosebud, Ritani Endless love bezel, and pretty much anything Leon makes with pave, double claw prongs, and move pave
3.gif
) But there's no ONE setting....yet!! Something that has all of those things. I also love Appletini's Speyer setting.
7. Are you/will you be involved in the stone/ring selection?: WELL. When I was a brand-new LIW I thought it was more about giving input and steering him towards settings I liked, and letting him choose the stone within parameters. Of course since then, I've become mildly OCD and have very specific choices. The WRENCH in all of this (which is good, actually) is that now bf and I have discussed probably using a "family" stone of his. We don't know what that will be yet--apparently there are a few choices in a safety deposit box in NYC, so we have to discover what is there and then move forward. So it's a mystery! We don't know what we'll be working with....OEC? OMC? RB? Emerald? Oval? Asscher??? So to an extent, all those specs I just typed out are kind of moot. But the setting style will probably be close to what I wrote.....IF HE EVER PROPOSES!!!!!

The Wedding
1. Any planning already done?: No. Tentative ideas for what vendors I'll use from weddings I've been in and helped to plan, but nothing really. My tastes have also changed a lot since I was 25 and helped plan my sister's wedding, so I am kind of looking forward to rediscovering things!
2. Ideal wedding date: Depends on the engagement. If it were soon, I wouldn't rule out before the end of 2005. But absolutely before I'm 32, which is June 2006. Maybe Late 2005 or Spring/early summer 2006?
3. Big wedding/small wedding: Medium-big, I think. Somewhere around 175?
4. Dream Dress: I don't know!! I might wear my mother's dress, but I also want to go nuts and try on EVERYTHING once I am engaged. I don't let myself try on anything but rings so far
2.gif
I also have a crimson BM gown (pic on the Introduce yourself thread) that I must find a place to wear again....I'm only 1/2 joking when I talk about getting married in a red dress b/c it's THAT pretty. I will almost certainly wear my sister's veil--floor length antique belgian lace and stunning. (She bought it when she was on a fulbright to France--yeah, no older sister pressure there--and it was actually more expensive than her dress. But it's going to be an heirloom, it's amazing!!)
5. Dream honeymoon location: I don't know!! Part of me kind of wants to help tourism and go to a beach resort in Thailand. I probably want something more quaint and "culture-y" whereas bf might want more beachy. Depends on time of year, I guess...but I can't wait! I just want to get away and have US time and be ready to start our lives
30.gif
30.gif

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Jenny, this is fun!

About the couple:
1. Your age:
2. BFs age: 25
3. How long have you been dating: Four years tomorrow! January 26, 2001
4. Any idea on when the proposal will happen? December 11, 2004
5. Does he know that you're READY? We always talked about it, but i did suggest that we just go ahead and do it a little over a year ago!

My Ring:
1. Size:
2. Shape: Round
3. Color: E
4. Cut: not sure... its very good, although not ideal
5. Clarity: A perfectly eye-clean SI2
9.gif

6. Setting: Platinum Tacori Scrolling Heart Solitaire (Picture here)
7. Are you/will you be involved in the stone/ring selection? We went in together and i picked out three settings i liked. He had the final say on the setting and picked out the stone totally on his own.

The Wedding:
1. Any planning already done?
Church booked, reception booked, photographer penciled in, band penciled in, dress picked out, but not ordered
2. Ideal wedding date: August 6, 2005
3. Big wedding/small wedding: Medium sized big... about 200-250 (still working on that)
4. Dream Dress: Dere Kiang style#1362 (Picture of back, hit previous for front)
5. Dream honeymoon: Hawaii.

KimberJEB

Shiny_Rock
About the couple:
1. Your age - 23
2. BFs age - 24
3. How long have you been dating - 6 years, 10 months
4. Any idea on when the proposal will happen? SOON!!!!! If not soon I will officially be declared insane. Seriously though, I am pretty sure he is ordering it next week, and I think he is smart enough not to make me wait too long once it shows up...and i WILL know when it shows up, lol
5. Does he know that you''re READY? Um...yeah
19.gif

1. Size - 1 ct.
2. Shape - I am leaning toward cushion now...or round.
3. Color - H or better
4. Cut - nice
5. Clarity - eye clean (I am VERY bad at spotting inclusions, so as long as I can''t see them, I don''t care
6. Setting - I want some changes, but basically...
ME1294.jpg

7. Are you/will you be involved in the stone/ring selection? Oh yes - lol

The Wedding

1. Any planning already done? Not really, though I obsessively read the knot and the planning stuff on here.
2. Ideal wedding date - IDEAL? May 2004. That was my plan. Since he is pokey...May 2006.
3. Big wedding/small wedding - Has to be big 300+ guests
4. Dream Dress - http://www.demetriosbride.com/us/index.php?page=collection_sposabella_04 style 4136...
5. Dream honeymoon location - Bermuda, we went when we were 17 and had a blast...BEAUTIFUL, romantic, but expensive as HECK!

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
This is fun...an extended version of the introduce yourself thread
1.gif

About the couple:
1. Your age: 22
2. BFs age: 22
3. How long have you been dating: since November 2001
4. Any idea on when the proposal will happen? after he finishes his MA and moves to Chicago, May 2006
20.gif

5. Does he know that you're READY? yes, we've definitely been talking about it. it would happen sooner if I didn't wnat to have a long distance fiance!

Your ring preferences
1. Size: 1.5 carats
2. Shape: always loved emerald cuts, recently the asscher has been my fav tho
3. Color: well, ideally I'd like an F or above...
4. Cut: Excellet...if I got an Asscher I think I'd really push for a Royal
5. Clarity: Eye clean to me
6. Setting: Not sure...so many to choose from! Also depends on the shape I end up getting.
7. Are you/will you be involved in the stone/ring selection? Slightly...definitely less than I originally intended, but he's just been really too sweet about it and wanting to learn and so I will only help out as much as he is comfortable with (which has been getting to be more and more, hehe)

The Wedding
1. Any planning already done? Well, it is mutual that we will get married in Italy. In discussion whether we'd elope (what I want) or have family (what his parents want). For him "family" means his parents and an aunt...on my end I bet like 50 people would come and just say it was a vacation! Like really, no kidding...we always look for an excuse for a European vacation! Just so unappealing to me at this point. He wants to be married actually while we're IN the blue grotto of Capri, but my research says that's super difficult, so it'll probably be somewhere along the Amalfi coast. No need for details just yet! I have all sorts of other fun ideas picked out though!
2. Ideal wedding date: May 9, 200? I don't care what day of the week it falls on...
3. Big wedding/small wedding: Small ceremony, larger reception (it would probably end up being 200ish)...even if something happens where we're not able to have our wedding in Italy, I'd still have it like this.
4. Dream Dress: There is a short Melissa Sweet dress that I really like...I want short and cute and more informal. I could totally sacrifice my dream expensive dress for other things if I was forced to choose though.
5. Dream honeymoon location: Italy. So romantic there. There's only so much of a beach I can stand anyway.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
About the couple:
1. Your age 29.5 (big O in July)
2. BFs age 31
3. How long have you been dating 3.5 years
4. Any idea on when the proposal will happen? absolutely no idea
5. Does he know that you''re READY? yeah, the question is, is HE ready?
Your ring preferences(or the ring you have, if you''re a graduate! or if you''ve seen it for months now - lol)
1. Size font>
2. Shape princess
3. Color H
4. Cut idunno - looks good to me
5. Clarity idunno - looks good to me
6. Setting yellow gold (my preference) 1/4" band - appears to be tension but it''s prong mounted - princess mounted kite-ish(four corners pointed up down)
7. Are you/will you be involved in the stone/ring selection? yep, sure was - he picked out the stone and I had it mounted & sized (with his permission) he wasn''t even there

The Wedding

1. Any planning already done? bought the dress and the pearl earings and necklace
2. Ideal wedding date September 05 - can''t hold on to this dream much longer if he doesn''t ask soon!!! It''ll be 4 year ann.
3. Big wedding/small wedding small but once I made my first invite list - I had 250 - too big, too big
4. Dream Dress in a garment bag in my father''s clothes closet
5. Dream honeymoon location Cabo looked nice :)

wcitygirl

Rough_Rock
Yay!! This is fun!! I''m glad I have something to distract me from work!! I hate work! :)

About the couple:
1. Your age:
2. BFs age: 29
3. How long have you been dating: Only 15 mos, but we''ve been through just a ton of stuff.
4. Any idea on when the proposal will happen? Well, we talked this weekend and it IS his intention to propose before we move, so before August 1, 2005.
5. Does he know that you''re READY? Umm, I think that''s apparent now (after this weekend)....
26.gif

1. Size:
I would really love something above a 1.5, but my bf is going to bschool, so I''ll take what he has to offer and then upgrade later. I would definitely sacrifice quality for size in this case!!! (I know that''s probably bad!!)
2. Shape: I love Asschers and RB
3. Color: Anything above an I is fine. The weird thing is, I sort of like the look of some of those rings from Faycullen.com that are like an "M" color -- seems sort of fun and vintage?
4. Cut: I''m not as concerned -- something in the very good to ideal range.
5. Clarity: Depending on the shape.... Asschers need better clarity, but I would be fine with an SI1 for an RB.
6. Setting: Something really clean and basic -- love the micropave, but would be cool with a Tiffany setting. Just NO THICK BANDS!!!
7. Are you/will you be involved in the stone/ring selection?: PROBABLY not. I think bf wants to do this all by himself. That''s fine.

The Wedding

1. Any planning already done?: Well, no. Not really. He just got into an ivy league school, so I''ve been checking out their club in NYC or perhaps in DC or Baltimore.... After our talk this weekend, I''ve been doing more investigating, but have not yet brought myself to buy wedding **** or do any rfps. Not without the ring.
2. Ideal wedding date: 2007 -- I need time to save for this bad boy. I refuse to get married at the Holiday Inn (not that there''s anything wrong with that, but I''m an event planner and I just feel that I can be more creative).
3. Big wedding/small wedding: Well, I WANTED a small wedding for cost purposes, but his family is ginormous and all really close, so the smallest I could get away with I THINK is 150. It''s looking probably more like 200.... Grrrr.
4. Dream Dress: I don''t have one picked out yet, but I''m frustrated with what I''m seeing online. I''m Catholic and can''t have a strapless and it seems like EVERYTHING is strapless. Maybe v-neck?
5. Dream honeymoon location -- Hmmmm. The Seychelles maybe?

jennyt

Rough_Rock
Citygirl-I see that you''re Catholic. Me too! Is the no-strapless thing a requirement of your church? I know some can specify that...I live in Seattle, and there aren''t too many churches here that don''t allow strapless...Good thing, since it seems like all that is available!

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
You may have to search some of the popular dress sites for non-strapless gowns, but they definitely do exist!! Check out the wedding dress thread in Brides WorldWide for some ideas!

And RE church dress regulations, it varies with each church, and more confusing is that not every church in a particular denomination won''t let you wear strapless (does that make sense?? LOL!)

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
About the couple:
1. Your age- 34
2. BFs age- 31
3. How long have you been dating? 2+ years
4. Any idea on when the proposal will happen? Hoepfully soon! The ring was just finished, I dont' think I could handle more htan a month or so of living in the same house with it!
5. Does he know that you're READY? Oh boy does he know......

Your ring preferences(or the ring you have, if you're a graduate!)
1. Size- 7 1/2 (DOH! You meant size of stone! Yeah, while 7.5 carats would be lovely, it is 1.22
emsmile.gif
)
2. Shape- Asscher (generic- Royal is lovely, but $$$)
3. Color- D
4. Cut- Excellent
5. Clarity- VS2
6. Setting- custom Whiteflash seen here....Jen's Ring
7. Are you/will you be involved in the stone/ring selection? Totally my choice! He had not done the research, so It was my choice all the way.

The Wedding

1. Any planning already done? Nope
2. Ideal wedding date- Nov/Dec 2005
3. Big wedding/small wedding- Small
4. Dream Dress- Simple
5. Dream honeymoon location- Moorea, a French Polynesian Isalnd, part of Tahiti chain

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Jen, my sister and bro-in-law went to Moorea on their honeymoon (along with Tahiti, BoraBora, and Fiji....yeah, they kind of overdid it.) ANYWAY, they LOVED it!!!

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock

oooh...fun!

36.gif

About the couple:
1. Your age: 26
2. BFs age: 26
3. How long have you been dating: 6.5 yrs
4. Any idea on when the proposal will happen? fingers crossed for marchish - aprilish!
5. Does he know that you''re READY? Ummm...YEAH.

1. Size: 1.375
3. Color: G
4. Cut: ideal
5. Clarity: VVS2
7. Are you/will you be involved in the stone/ring selection?: Ummm...YEAH.
9.gif
I choes several stones I liked, he made the final decision (it''s been living at my house...i''ve only gotten to see it twice
30.gif
). We''re working on the design together (i.e. I show him what I like and he agrees
2.gif
). He''s an engineer so he''s drawn pictures on his computer programmy thingy so I can get an idea of the relative sizes of the designs
36.gif

The Wedding

1. Any planning already done?: just general browsing, some earmarked vendors to check out, not much else (holding...myself...back....)
2. Ideal wedding date: spring/early summer 2006
3. Big wedding/small wedding: either a ~150-200 guest wedding in Houston (mainly due to HUGE respective families) or (my preference) a small intimate destination wedding
4. Dream dress: something strapless, beaded bodice, dropped waist, modified a-line or a-line, intersting train (currently LOVING twinkletoes dream dress...Reem Acra Paradise
30.gif
)
5. Dream honeymoon location somewhere beachy and gorgeous

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
About the couple:
1. Your age - 23
2. BFs age - 22
3. How long have you been dating - 3 years
4. Any idea on when the proposal will happen? - It happened! October 20th, 2004 (About 3 months after I expected it)
5. Does he know that you''re READY? - He definitely did.
1. Size - Center stone .95 ct (.30 ct sides)
2. Shape - Center stone Old European Cut. Sides RB
3. Color - I/J
4. Cut - dont'' know really
5. Clarity - SI1
6. Setting - A Jaffe 3 stone truffle.
goodsideview1.JPG

7. Are you/will you be involved in the stone/ring selection? _ chose it all.

The Wedding

1. Any planning already done? - Church booked.. have a good idea for reception, dress chosen, narrowed down bm dresses.
2. Ideal wedding date - Well i don''t know if it is ideal but our date is May 27th 2006. My original ideal date was July 2, 2005
3. Big wedding/small wedding - Medium sized (About 120 ppl)
4. Dream Dress
This was the dream dress
mswes04hallm.jpg

This is the dress I am getting.. which I LOOOOVE!
42202.jpg

5. Dream honeymoon location - France - Paris and the south of france/monaco.. WE ARE GOING THERE!!!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
About the couple:
1. Your age: 25
2. BFs age: 27
3. How long have you been dating: ~1.16 years
4. Any idea on when the proposal will happen? March-June 2005 (closer to girl soon, than boy soon)
5. Does he know that you're READY? YES!!!

1. Size: I'd like a 1.5-2, but it will be close to 1.25
2. Shape: Round
3. Color: G-I
4. Cut: Ideal-Very Good
5. Clarity: SI1/2 "eye clean"
6. Setting: Pave!!! Still brainstorming
7. Are you/will you be involved in the stone/ring selection? DEFINITELY!!! The OCD control freak will have her way.

The Wedding

1. Any planning already done? Yes, tons...I won't bore you with the details! Major focus on photographer
2. Ideal wedding date: I have several 1/21/06 and 3/25/06
3. Big wedding/small wedding: smaller, only the people that really need to be there should be (max 150)
4. Dream Dress: Carolina Herrera (she has two I love), so I will have it copied and make my modifications
5. Dream honeymoon location: depends on time of year but Greece and Cabo San Lucas, Mexico

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
Appletini -- I''ve been to both Greece and Cabo -- both are fantastic but completely different trips.
Greece is definitely my favorite place in the world (aside from NYC of course)...
Let me know if you want any details...

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
About the couple:
1. My age: 30
2. BFs age: 32 (will be 33 in February...according to his parents "he''s getting old").
3. How long have you been dating: 2 years this month
4. Any idea on when the proposal will happen? Yes, within the next few months.
5. Does he know that you''re READY? Ohhh, I think he knows in no uncertain terms. hehe. Almost to the point that it''s obsessive now. He thinks I''ve got all things wedding on the brain & nothing else these days. He''s not entirely correct, but I am a bit distracted. hehe. PS doesn''t help either.

Your ring preferences
1. Size 7.25
2. Shape Brilliant Round....although LOVE aschers.
3. Color G....would love an E or F, although I would rather sink the money into the cut & size.
4. Cut Ideal, H&A....Gotta have the cut! Pre PS, I wouldn''t of had a clue! He would of surprised me with a B&M Ritani Endless Love.
5. Clarity VS1....trying to find an eye & mind clean stone. :)
6. Setting Pave all the way! Ritani Endless love inspired with potentially a few monidifications.
7. Are you/will you be involved in the stone/ring selection? While I love my BF dearly, we are from different cultures & we have a tendancy to be on different wave lengths when it comes to gifts. Although he is getting better, I was very afraid that the ring wouldn''t be my style. I''ve been involved from day one. While it wasn''t what he wanted at first (he wanted to surprise me with the Ritani), we are both happy that I am involved. We''ll find a better stone & similar setting at a better price. Thank you PS & my love (as engagement rings aren''t his tradition)!

The Wedding
1. Any planning already done? Tentative, yes. We''ve had to discuss quite a few things as he''s hindu & originally from Malaysia. We''re having two small weddings, one in Malaysia, one in US.
2. Ideal wedding date Wedding in Malaysia....in November, date dependant on horoscopes (that''s their tradition). One in US....Spring of ''06...Hopefully March or April.
3. Big wedding/small wedding Malaysian wedding will be small by their standards....around 250 people. US wedding will also be small as it will most likely be a destination wedding (50 or 75 people) with one of my best friend''s mom officiating (she recently became ordained to "marry & bury"...hehe. One of my other best friend''s mom offered their beautiful home in FL as a place to have the wedding...right under the magnolia tree in the back yard. :)
4. Dream Dress Haven''t started looking....don''t want to jinx too many things.
5. Dream honeymoon location Fortunate enough that we will be having two honeymoons since we have friends & family all over the world. Both will be a dream! Malaysian honeymoon will be a week in Bali at www.serayashores.com (I found the resort by a fluke). US honeymoon will be the South Island of New Zealand. We''ve already visited the North Ilsand (he lived there for 6 years). I insisted that our honeymoons be a place that we can explore together & that neither of us has visited.

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
OK...I''m an idiot! Size...should read 1.25 carats, not my ring size of 7.25....LOL....can''t only imagine the gasps with that one.

twinkletoes

Shiny_Rock
About the couple:
1. Your age - 27
2. BFs age - 37
3. How long have you been dating - 4 years in April
4. Any idea on when the proposal will happen? - hopefully in May when we''re in Italy
5. Does he know that you''re READY? - oh yeah

1. Size - 1.5
2. Shape - round brilliant
3. Color - F
4. Cut - ideal to very good? AGS0?
5. Clarity - VS2 to eye clean SI1
6. Setting - leaning towards a plain 6 prong tiff style if I can get a bigger/better rock. but I love Michael B settings.
7. Are you/will you be involved in the stone/ring selection? - yes. i totally can''t help myself.

The Wedding

1. Any planning already done? - uh, kinda LOL
2. Ideal wedding date - spring? fall?
3. Big wedding/small wedding - maybe 100 to 200 guests?
4. Dream Dress - Reem Acra or Oscar de la Renta or Monique Lhuiller
5. Dream honeymoon location - 2 weeks in Italy/Paris and then 1 week somewhere tropical

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Hi Girls! Here''s my info!

About the couple:

1. your age- 26
2. bf age- 29 (almost 30!)
3. How long dating?- 1 1/2 yrs. Hey, when ya know, ya know.
4. Any idea of when the proposal will happen?- probably sometime next yr.
5. Does he know you are ready?- yes, I think we are both at that point that we know we want to be with eachother forever.

Your ring preferences:
1. size- 1.75- 2 cts.
2. shape- I love emeralds, asschers, and cushions. Still deciding- I have awhile.
3. color- ideally nothing below a G, esp with emeralds/asschers.
4. Cut- it all comes down to cut...the best we can afford.
5. Clarity- i am not a clarity nut- VS1/2 ideally, but I''d take a eyeclean SI1/2 also if it looked good.
6. Setting- not sure. I love pave and claw prongs though.
7. Will you be involved in the stone/ring selection- as my bf says- he''d be a fool to NOT get me involved! Smart man!

The Wedding

1. Any planning done?- uhh...no!
2. Ideal wedding date- well, lets see- if engagement is next yr, probably in spring/summer of ''07.
3. Big wedding/ small wedding- prob medium in size.
4. Dream dress- there is a BIG difference between dream and reality...reagrdless, I am really not sure.
5. Dream honeymoon location- Greece/Spain/Italy- want to see all of them eventually!

katrina_33

Shiny_Rock
About the couple:
1. Your age - 25
2. BFs age - 32
3. How long have you been dating - 4 years
4. Any idea on when the proposal will happen? - within next 6 months....or else!!!
1. Size 1.5 - 2cts
2. Shape h&A, possibly jubliee or modern cushion
3. Color - G-H
4. Cut - see shape
5. Clarity- Eye clean
6. Setting - pave band, possibly with pave "frame" around center
7. Are you/will you be involved in the stone/ring selection? - YES!!!

The Wedding

1. Any planning already done? - no real planning, just day dreaming
2. Ideal wedding date - Spring, 2006
3. Big wedding/small wedding - small wedding
4. Dream Dress - slinky, simple. possibly not white! (possibly champagne colored, more like an evening gown than a wedding dress)
5. Dream honeymoon location - fiji, greece, or italy (all places high on my list of places to visit that I haven''t been yet!)

rfath

Shiny_Rock
About the couple:

1. Your age: 25

2. BFs age: 38

3. How long have you been dating: 6.5 years

4. Any idea on when the proposal will happen? I get the feeling that it''ll be October 5, 2004

1. Size: 0.82c

2. Shape: rb

3. Color: J! With blue fluoresence!

4. Cut - SuperbCert super-ideal cut

5. Clarity- SI1

6. Setting - Etienne Perret low halo in platinum with a satin finish on the shank

7. Are you/will you be involved in the stone/ring selection? - YES!!!

The Wedding

1. Any planning already done? Yep! Just need to take care of the details like bridesmaids dresses, tuxes, invites, favors, and the, uh.. officiant.

2. Ideal wedding date: How about September 10, 2005?

3. Big wedding/small wedding: medium

4. Dream Dress: simple, elegant. I''ve ordered number 1057 from Mikaella Bridal.

5. Dream honeymoon location: Someplace stress and worry free with my new husband

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/26/2005 11:35:18 AM
Author: NoonersMom
OK...I''m an idiot! Size...should read 1.25 carats, not my ring size of 7.25....LOL....can''t only imagine the gasps with that one.
Hah! I did the same thing!

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
About the couple:
1. Your age: 22 (23 in June)
2. BFs age: 27 (28 in March)
3. How long have you been dating: since June 4, 2003...so almost 20 months now
4. Any idea on when the proposal will happen? Pretty sure it''ll happen this summer, probably in July since that''s when we''re going on vacation
5. Does he know that you''re READY? Ummm....yeah. haha. He thinks my obsessive behavior is cute
2.gif

1. Size:
~1ct
3. Color: G-H
4. Cut: it''s GOT to have an excellent cut
5. Clarity: SI1 up to VS1 (I''m a get all the stone you can for the $$$ kinda gal)
6. Setting: 6 prong solitaire, with itty bitty diamonds along the band (kinda like the Michael B. princess ring???) But I don''t want the diamonds going all the way around, just far enough so it LOOKS like they''re going all the way around
7. Are you/will you be involved in the stone/ring selection? ummm yeah, definitely, haha...a couple weekends ago we found a great jeweler in his city and found a beautiful setting that is perfect for me, and so after giving the lady my opinions, preferences, and my ring size, I agreed to stop obsessing and let him take it from there! So I''m done!

The Wedding

1. Any planning already done? Not so much....i''m indecisive, hehe
2. Ideal wedding date: will be in mid-May 2007
3. Big wedding/small wedding: definitely small
4. Dream Dress: absolutely no clue
5. Dream honeymoon location: we''re thinking Hawaii, because we want to go somewhere tropical, and since Hawaii is in the U.S. we won''t have any issues with getting back into the country (my BF is British, and when we returned from our European vacay last summer, he got stuck in customs for almost 2 hours while I waited in the baggage claim having NO CLUE what was going on, all because there was something they didn''t like about his student visa, which was in actuality totally legit....GRRRRRR) Soooo we want to avoid situations such as that on our honeymoon!!!!

Erin

Ideal_Rock
He thinks my obsessive behavior is cute

What is your secret?
33.gif
He thinks my obsessive behavior is psychotic!!!
19.gif

SJS1234

Shiny_Rock
About the couple:
1. Your age 31
2. BFs age 32
3. How long have you been dating 1+ year
4. Any idea on when the proposal will happen? next few months..
5. Does he know that you're READY? yup!

1. Size -- I like Appletini's answer -- would be nice to have 1.5-2.0, but mine is 1.2 and I do LOVE it! (it's not mine yet, but bf has it in his possession)
2. Shape -- squarish cushion
3. Color -- F
4. Cut -- Gorgeous -- very antique-looking with big fabulous facets!
5. Clarity -- VS1
6. Setting -- probably will be Michael B. Princess Petite micro-pave (one-sided)
7. Are you/will you be involved in the stone/ring selection? -- oh yes.

The Wedding

1. Any planning already done? not really.........but will probably be either a historic home in Roswell, GA or at the Palmilla resort in los cabos
2. Ideal wedding date -- originally Oct. 05, but we may wait a few more months now -- till late spring 06
3. Big wedding/small wedding -- small
4. Dream Dress -- something simple and elegant -- sheath maybe? i dunno......
5. Dream honeymoon location -- Los Cabos, Palmilla resort -- or Santorini, Greece!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
About the couple:
1. Your age
29 (eesh, 30 this October)
2. BFs age 25 (26 in April)
3. How long have you been dating 2 years, 7 months
4. Any idea on when the proposal will happen?
6-18 months, so between our 3rd and 4th anniversaries.
5. Does he know that you're READY? Yes. He's not there yet, though, but as we live together, I'm happy to wait until he's ready - as long as it falls within that time frame.

1. Size
I'm not sure yet. If I want triplets, the center stone need only be a .60 - .70. If we go for a solitaire, which he's leaning towards, I want something in the .8 - 1.25 region (huge range, just depends on setting design. I'm a 4.75 so I find 1.5 (asscher/ec) and above kind of overwhelming on my hand - though I wouldn't say no to one!
2.gif

2. Shape Definitely Asscher (unbranded). It's the only thing I'm absolutely certain of - or a shortish EC, or a square cushion.
3.gif

3. Color I'd like to see it in person before I make a decision, but probably no lower than an H, though I hear a rumour that WF has a J that's positively breathtaking!
4. Cut Excellent
5. Clarity Lowest of a VS2, but it all depends on shape.
6. Setting I'm thinking pretty simple for the e-ring. Either a Precision set solitaire with Asscher eternity w-ring, or some kind of Flush Fit 3 stone Asscher with the Asscher eternity. But I'm really starting to love pave, so who knows! I also really love claw prongs/double claw prongs, so that may be my bit of customization to the ring below.
FlushfitAsscher.jpg

7. Are you/will you be involved in the stone/ring selection? I think he may let me be a little involved, but we have so much time to think about it that, but the setting decision is completely in his hands. I'm certain there's already a design out there that he's done.

The Wedding
1. Any planning already done? None at all
2. Ideal wedding date Something random and memorable like 7-7-07 or something. Hey wait, that's a Saturday - that may work after all!
1.gif

3. Big wedding/small wedding I have an enormous family, and for everyone to be included, it would have to be a large ceremony (150 of which are all my immediate family), but Weston and I may just end up eloping in Europe and having a reception in California with our families. I'm partial to getting married at The Wayfarer's Chapel if we have to have a ceremony in the US.
4. Dream Dress Something strapless, not too overly constructed, almost informal if we have a beach-y/destination wedding.
GalinaStraplessSheath.jpg

5. Dream honeymoon location Before the tsunami, my dream location would have been the Maldives One & Only Resorts location. However, I wouldn't mind Moorea and Bora Bora with a few days in NZ.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results