shape
carat
color
clarity

Someone please hire Leonardo DiCaprio for me

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
Have you seen Inception? I need some of that dream-hijacking idea-planting action going on.

The boyfriend and I are officially moving in together in December. That's the good news. The not-so-good news is that we're not moving in in October as originally planned (we had some lease agreement issues, so we pushed it back a bit), and last night, my boyfriend made it more or less clear that he doesn't want to get engaged before we move in together. The plan is to get engaged around the same time, probably shortly after we move in. Well, this would be fine, and I would just bite the bullet and wait a few more months, but I've been dreaming that he might propose to me on our Disney trip in October (in front of the castle, with a photographer there to take our picture...and fireworks...). I got the idea in my head for two reasons: we were originally going to be moving in together shortly before our trip, and had talked about getting engaged around that time, and secondly, he had made a point of saying that we need to get at least one nice professional shot of the two of us in front of the castle while we're there. So I thought he might be planning something, and my imagination started running wild. But now that we're not moving in until December, it looks like that probably won't be happening.

But I still want it to! Where's Leo DiCaprio when you need him? He could just plant a seed of an idea...and my boyfriend would never know it wasn't his own idea....

nota bene: no, I am not trying to control the proposal, nor will I be terribly upset if it doesn't happen when, where, or how I would like it to! The important thing is spending the rest of my life with this man. It's just that a little Disney magic would be nice! :)

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
I'm in the same situation. My BF doesn't want to get engaged before we're living together. Luckily we just found an apartment and our application was approved and it should be ready around the end of August or beginning of September! I still don't have a clue when he'll actually propose but I'm hoping it won't be too long after we move in.

It's perfectly understandable to have a dream proposal in your head and then be a little disappointed if it doesn't happen. You never know, maybe he will propose in Disney World and he just doesn't want you to think he will. Even if he doesn't though, I'm sure however he asks it will be perfect!

I'm sending some Leonardo DiCaprio dream dust your way!

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
I had written out a response to this, but apparently, it got eaten by PriceScope gremlins. Oh well. In summary, thanks! I am trying to calm myself down now. I am focusing on what I know is happening (We're going to Disney World! We're moving in together in December!), and what I can personally make happen. We will be celebrating his birthday while we're on vacation, so I'm trying to plan little surprises for him instead of waiting on him to surprise me.

I'm sure everything will be wonderful whenever and however it happens. It's nice that things are moving from it'd-be-nice-to-move-in-together-someday territory to we're-moving-in-in-five-months territory. I like concreteness. I'm happy it's official. He told his mom on Friday that we were definitely moving in together (she was ecstatic, by the way), and mentioned it to several of his friends at a party on Saturday. It's not that I doubted him before, it's just that it's nice to hear him telling people. It's really happening. And that's awesome. I'd love to see our engagement move into that same category of concreteness, but I know that will happen soon enough. I just have to be patient.

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
That's wonderful that he seems so excited about it! I love it when I can tell my BF is looking forward to something, it makes it that much more exciting for me :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results