shape
carat
color
clarity

So what''s the hold up???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SparklyLibra

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, I am fully aware that I am being a shameless spoiled brat at the moment so I apologize in advance, LOL!

So, the ring was ready Two weeks ago but there was a problem with the prongs not being big enough for the stone, or something like that... At least that''s the version I got anyway, ha. He says I am way too involved in the process and since we''ve done almost everything azz backwards he at least wants to keep SOMEthing to himself.... Sigh... So anyhoo, this is all because the setting that he chose for me is a Birks Amorique replica setting, with some minor modifications of course. Our Jeweler only carries a few in stock at a time and that is for .5, and 1 carat stones... Mine will be a .71. Long story short, it wasn''t setting right and they had to pour the whole setting again FROM SCRATCH, and when the ring was finally done...... They forgot to do the engraving:
39.gif
So back to engraver it went and he is taking his sweet arse time and it will supposedly be ready on Wednesday. Then there''s getting it insured before I get to floss
29.gif
But that should only take a day or two...

So there. That''s my tantrum and I''m sorry if it''s annoying. I really am. But for crying out loud, I''m planning for a wedding in February and I still don''t have my ring... It just seems so surreal as it is with the big day coming up so soon. Sometimes I wonder if it''s really happening, then I look down at my finger and it looks so lonely... Instead of pinching myself, I''d much rather have a bobble to look at to remind me I''m not dreaming....

Thanks for tolerating my rant.

~SL.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maybe he''s trying to mislead you so he can surprise you? I''m sorry it''s so frustrating, hopefully he''ll get it together soon!

LoveRoundBrillants

Shiny_Rock
wow Feb. that is soon!

I know its probably frustrating that you dont have the ring on yet your wedding is a few months away. But look at the bright side....its purchased, and almost done. Few more days to go and it will be ready. Hopefully he wont hold on to it long!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results