shape
carat
color
clarity

So...embarrassing confession time...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rierie26

Shiny_Rock
I might have set up a playlist of songs that I keep adding to that I might like to feature in my future (not foreseeable future) wedding...

I might also be growing out my hair so that by the time (if ever) I get married it will be long enough to have more options...

I might have also shared the playlist (it''s on Grooveshark) with BF and told him it''s our "mixtape", but not told him why I made it...

Anyone else wanna spill any embarrassing confessions?
28.gif

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I''m not really embarrassed but I too am growing my hair out for wedding time. I like my hair chin length but that doesn''t give me any options for an updo. I''m not keen on my hair being long, its fine and limp so it stays in a pony tail. I didn''t start growing it though until we decided we would get married early next year and will only have a short 4-6 month engagement.The day after the wedding...the hair gets chopped!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Playlist. Check. (Including a "Do Not Play" list.)
All songs chosen for reception events. Check. (Cake, Bouquet, Garter, etc.)
Hair growing out. Check.
Weight loss in progress. Check.
Honeymoon savings in progress. Check.

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
fiance and i got engaged a year ago. my hair is to my waist. guess when i started growing it out.. about a week after i met him.
1.gif

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
I already have a wedding binder!
6.gif
It''s only got things in it from two different brides magazines, so it''s not too detailed. My BF knows about it and isn''t bothered by it. But, no one else knows I keep it. I like having it because I think about our wedding and different things I could do for it. So, it''s a good place for me to write down those ideas.

I have also started saving for the honeymoon. Not much saved yet, just here and there when I can. And I don''t need to grow my hair out because it''s already long. But, the wedding (whenever it happens) is one of the reasons I am keeping my hair long and not chopping it off!

lulu

Ideal_Rock
I'm on a diet for my grandaughter's wedding. She's ten. And as far as I know not dating.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
I am planning on a long (1-2 yr) engagment so I figgure I can sort all this stuff out in that time, like growing my hair (it''s long anyway but I would like it longer- more options and bf has a ''thing'' for long hair
2.gif
), saving money for stuff, loosing weight etc.

I have already decided BF can handel the music, he''d like that and it''s not somthing I care too much about.

I am not permited (by myself) to veiw any wedding magazines untill we are engaged, or scrap book or anything else that would make me look like a crazy person.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
I have a confession, but not a LIW. I recently got married and everytime I walk past our spare room, I am trying to think in my head how the nursery furniture would go, ie, I could put the cot there, and the change table on that wall, no that wouldn''t work! Oh no darling, not doing anything................
40.gif

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/23/2010 12:51:04 AM
Author: 4ever

I am not permited (by myself) to veiw any wedding magazines untill we are engaged, or scrap book or anything else that would make me look like a crazy person.
+1

BF just said "No. Crazy is awesome. It''s In now."

Magpie09

Shiny_Rock
style="WIDTH: 100.44%; HEIGHT: 61px">Date: 1/22/2010 9:41:29 PM
Author:Kitcha
I might have set up a playlist of songs that I keep adding to that I might like to feature in my future (not foreseeable future) wedding...
I have a list of songs i want to play at my wedding too, and i don''t forsee an engagement in the next 2 years (but a girl can dream). This list started when i saw Kate & Leopold and heard Until..., before i met my now bf, and decided that i wanted the song played at my wedding.

Rough_Rock
I basically have my wedding visually planned out (I''m a graphic designer... I can''t help it!!!) and I know for a fact I will be walking down the aisle to Vitamin String Quartet. Other than that, I won''t let myself look at magazines or anything because I feel like a looney. I am just anxiously awaiting my SO''s arrival home after a week away tomorrow so we can have THAT talk... and determine how my timeline matches up with his. :X

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock

Who you calling Crazy?!! I''m just joking of course! I started my binder, which currently has all of six pages in it right now, right after BF and I looked at rings in September. At that point, I really thought he was going to propose before Christmas. So, yes, I went a little crazy and got really excited. Now the binder is sitting on the bookshelf collecting dust. But, someday, it will be maybe a little useful. I think we are all allowed a little crazy LIW moment right?
2.gif

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve booked the weekend with one of the ministers (my best friend from out of state who books up quickly).

I''ve got documents on my computer related to flowers, invites, dresses, reception locations, overall wedding themes, caterers, etc. (Basically, a computerized binder.)

I have no clue what my budget will be, but am already trying to find ways to cut costs.

Have a list of potential honeymoon destinations and am saving for it (though to be honest, it''s still a general travel fund...but since we won''t be doing a big trip over the summer I''m thinking of it as more of a honeymoon fund this year).

I think about how my church''s renovation/decoration plans will affect my wedding colors.

I''ve been picking out songs for the church service.

I''ve started a blog about weddings & marriage.

Yeah, I''m a little crazy.
9.gif

MissMina

Brilliant_Rock
No need to be embarrassed ladies.
I am a firm believer in planning ahead
and always having a plan B
And it''s much more fun with no pressure

Though he doesn''t have a steady girlfriend
at the moment
My son has picked an heirloom engagement ring from
my collection. (He actually did that years ago)
And he already knows where he wants to be married and
has the name picked out for his future daughter.
I''ll have to tell him to get started on the music.

rierie26

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/23/2010 12:14:07 AM
Author: lulu
I''m on a diet for my grandaughter''s wedding. She''s ten. And as far as I know not dating.

Hmm...Maybe I should start dieting for my niece''s wedding. She''s six and already has a kindergarten boyfriend!
9.gif

rierie26

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/23/2010 11:24:21 AM
Author: AustenNut
I''ve booked the weekend with one of the ministers (my best friend from out of state who books up quickly).

I''ve got documents on my computer related to flowers, invites, dresses, reception locations, overall wedding themes, caterers, etc. (Basically, a computerized binder.)

I have no clue what my budget will be, but am already trying to find ways to cut costs.

Have a list of potential honeymoon destinations and am saving for it (though to be honest, it''s still a general travel fund...but since we won''t be doing a big trip over the summer I''m thinking of it as more of a honeymoon fund this year).

I think about how my church''s renovation/decoration plans will affect my wedding colors.

I''ve been picking out songs for the church service.

I''ve started a blog about weddings & marriage.

Yeah, I''m a little crazy.
9.gif

Not crazy -- organized!
5.gif

If you don''t mind sharing, what''s your blog? I love looking at wedding blogs and websites!!!

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
^^Just a friendly reminder there are no links to blogs allowed.

Please let me know if you have any questions about this policy.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/23/2010 10:20:33 AM
Author: MayFlowers

Who you calling Crazy?!! I''m just joking of course! I started my binder, which currently has all of six pages in it right now, right after BF and I looked at rings in September. At that point, I really thought he was going to propose before Christmas. So, yes, I went a little crazy and got really excited. Now the binder is sitting on the bookshelf collecting dust. But, someday, it will be maybe a little useful. I think we are all allowed a little crazy LIW moment right?
2.gif
Absolutly!

Anyway, I secretly would love to be doing a wedding binder. Wedding + organisation/stationary = happyness
1.gif

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
I got married at City Hall, so no confessions here!

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the interest in the blog, Kitcha, but I don''t want to run afoul of the PS policies. Besides, it''s still in its infancy.
2.gif

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
:) I bought my dress on ebay 2 years before we got engaged:)

Also, I had the whole wedding planned in my head for years (with just about every possible contingency).

The good news is, it made it really easy to plan the whole thing in 6 weeks
2.gif

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/22/2010 10:04:40 PM
Author: stepcutgirl
I''m not really embarrassed but I too am growing my hair out for wedding time. I like my hair chin length but that doesn''t give me any options for an updo. I''m not keen on my hair being long, its fine and limp so it stays in a pony tail. I didn''t start growing it though until we decided we would get married early next year and will only have a short 4-6 month engagement.The day after the wedding...the hair gets chopped!

John Freda and Pantene both make a great line for thin hair which makes it thicker and fuller. Keeping your hair in a ponytail all the time actually damages the hair at the back of your head! Have you tried coloring your hair or getting a bodywave? Chemical treatments such as these do help with the thickness, believe it or not. My hair behaves so much better after coloring it! Naturally, my hair is pencil straight and has no body at all. Once I color it, it does pretty much whatever I want it to do. You just need to make sure you use a reconstructor like the Bodyology''s line. They have a spray that you use before blowdrying to keep the color, but it actually works as a reconstructor. My hair was fried before I used it (over processed, and kept it in ponytails all the time because I can''t stand my hair in my face), but after two weeks of using it religiously my hair is back to silky and full of body.

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
Hahaha man ladies... I feel like I''m behind on planning now...

I have ideas of what I want for all these things (but honestly... what girl doesn''t?) but no binder and no concrete plans. The farthest I''ve gotten with any ideas is I know what my vote for the first dance will be (obviously SO gets a vote too but my choice is More by Frank Sinatra - beautiful and not overused) and an idea of what to do as wedding favor. Other than that though I''m clueless! Shoot I need to step it up
3.gif

I browse at wedding magazines in the grocery store line, but I won''t let myself buy any until I''m engaged.

Although I AM subscribed to The Knot, but I just like looking at pictures.

Funny Knot anecdote - My roommate got an email from them recently that said "Congrats on your Wedding" haha cause when she was in high school she made an account and it asks you to put in a date for your wedding and apparently a few months ago was that far away date that you never thought you''d actually get to or might even get married around that time haha. Best part was the name of her "husband" was a guy she had a crush on in high school but had only spoken to a few times haha.

pinki

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/23/2010 12:14:07 AM
Author: lulu
I''m on a diet for my grandaughter''s wedding. She''s ten. And as far as I know not dating.

ROFL
9.gif
This is so great.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/22/2010 9:41:29 PM
Author:Kitcha

I might also be growing out my hair so that by the time (if ever) I get married it will be long enough to have more options...

I might have also shared the playlist (it''s on Grooveshark) with BF and told him it''s our ''mixtape'', but not told him why I made it...

Anyone else wanna spill any embarrassing confessions?
28.gif

We MIGHT be twins

rierie26

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/23/2010 1:46:06 PM
Author: Ella
^^Just a friendly reminder there are no links to blogs allowed.

Please let me know if you have any questions about this policy.

Whoops! Sorry!
1.gif

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
I was pretty careful to keep my inner bride in check before he officially proposed - no wedding notebooks, etc.

I then sort of went into crazy planning/bridezilla mode the first week we were engaged, causing my fiance to ask, "You were just waiting for me to say the word so you could put your plan into action, weren't you?" Ha ha.

Anyway, I do have some embarrassing confessions though. Once we looked at rings, I set up a gmail account with my future last name, and one with our names together :) I am constantly practicing my new signature. My secret planning is now focused on babies! I have folders on my computer with baby room ideas and baby names with his last name :) I think he would think I was weird if he saw those!

mariewest

Shiny_Rock
I''ve contact my church to get a quote for the wedding ceremony. The sad part is about that is the coordinator use to be my youth group leader. In the e-mail I sent him I wrote that it was hypthetical like five times because I was worried that my parents would run into him and I didn''t want him to mention anything to them!

I''ve also started saving my money in a wedding fund. I even told SO about this. I have an excel spreadsheet all ready and a file for wedding pictures on my computer. SO doesn''t know about this.

beltane

Shiny_Rock
OK... he''s my juvenile confession...
emembarrassed.gif

Every Friday night I climb into bed, put on my future wedding band and watch Say Yes to the Dress with it on. My fiance snores beside me and has no idea I''ve been doing this for months! LOL! We''ve had both our wedding bands for months now, so I just tiptoe in, put both my engagement and wedding rings on and enjoy the show while I admire my sparkly finger during commercials. I keep worrying that one Friday night I''m going to forget to put it away and fall asleep with it on and he''s going to wake up early and see it on my finger!

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
Beltane I love your confession and I love say yes to the dress lol!

I''ve been growing my hair out for a while now, half for more options for the wedding and half because I just wanted to. I like to say I''m just an organized planner but my boyfriend laughs and calls me crazy (he''s just kidding of course). I have a notebook full of wedding ideas including a playlist. Even if it isn''t going to happen anytime soon it''s still fun to plan and imagine how it will be! I insist, WE ARE NOT CRAZY!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results