shape
carat
color
clarity

Silly ring anxiety dreams

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, I really am losing it!!!! My ring was in transit to NY from Cali, the jeweler thought it would take about 2 days to get here, so that would mean that it would arrive at my BF''s parent''s house on either Fri or Sat. I know it didn''t get there Fri (I made him show me the on-line tracking
3.gif
but he wouldn''t let me keep the tracking number) and as of 11:00 am yesterday he said it didn''t arrive yet, but mentioned that they get Sat mail as late as 3:00.

BF was working on our new rental refinishing the hardwood floor w/ a friend all day yesterday & then did a "boys night" hanging out & watching movies until very late. There was no further mention of the ring during our calls the rest of the day and I fell asleep before he got home. He came in sometime after midnight and then I started to have "the dreams"

First one was that he had the ring and put the box under his pillow on our bed, so I woke up and started feeling under the pillow (BF wasn''t in bed at the time)

When I realized that was a dream, I went back to sleep and dreamt that he gave me the ring and it was actually just the wax- that he lost the real thing! Next dream was that he gave it to me and it was this HUGE gothic dragon monstrosity but that he said he was kidding and was ready to give me the real thing but it was frozen in ice and I had to wait for it to melt to get it!!!!! (see what happens when they don''t let us see pictures of the finished ring
3.gif
)

I, of course, have no idea if the ring got there yesterday or not!!! He''s still sleeping and I wonder if I shouldn''t mention it at all today to see if he says something...if it didn''t get there yesterday it won''t be delivered until Tuesday, thanks to Columbus day
29.gif
He did say it doesn''t matter when it gets here because I''m not getting it right away, anyway....you know that cool proposal we all want, ladies..be careful of what you wish for ''cause it can drive you bonkers!!!!

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Your dreams are so funny!

There should be a disclaimer at jewelry stores: Diamonds can cause insanity!

I can''t wait to see your ring!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Your mind was really on overdrive! You have got a hard task to deal with, and I dont fancy it myself. I am not quite to the night dreams stage more the six million possible ways he could propose. You would be amazed how the mind can wander while walking.
I hope that Eric is a good boy and pops the question soon. From what you ahve said though he is so thoughtful that just his once he may take a while. It is likely that he wants to make your moment unique and wonderful as you are.
*hugs* If ya need vent, you know where to find me.

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
OMG I had a ridiculous ring anxiety dream when my ring was being made...I dreamt that he proposed to me with not one, but 2 not-so-fabulous rings!!! One of them was this yellow gold monstrosity (i like yellow gold, don't get me wrong, but this ring was AWFUL)...it was kinda chevron shaped, with a small, terribly included ruby in the center of this huge expanse of tarnished yellow gold...and then he also gave me a white gold band that had alternating diamonds and sapphires (so far so good) except there was a cutout in the middle because it was made to go with a solitaire...kind of a "ring guard" type ring. The diamonds all had peppery inclusions. Oh, both of the rings were waaaaay too big...probably about size 9 or so, and I wear a 5.25!

I remember thinking, I'm so grateful to have this man as my fiance, and I don't want to let him see my disappointment, but I CANNOT wear these things to school...I would be soooo embarassed to tell everyone that this is my engagement ring (rings?)

Haha!!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha I dreamt about my ring ALL THE TIME when it was being made, 4 weeks of pure torture. OMG Annie and I also had the 'its the wrong ring' kind of dream where it turned out HORRIBLY (it was custom). And then to not know when he was getting it and this and that. I used to check around the house (this was long before the LIW forum was created here on PS, so I kept all my madness to myself...) and try to see where he'd hide it. I did find a box in a drawer and then hesitated on opening it then it was gone and I was SURE it was the ring. But turns out the day it was ready, he went to get it and then proposed that night, so no more torture than necessary for me...thank you lord! of course that led to the not quite SOO romnantic getaway proposal since it was a weeknight but hey I wouldn't have made it another night!!

FFF well if he says you won't get it anyway then if you ask him and he says he got it, you'll still be freaking out! but if you don't ask them then you won't know if it arrived safely or not, and you'll still be freaking out anyway. so i say just ask him..at least then you'll know it's here and safe and you can have a different kind of freakout than not knowing.
31.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I feel for ya lady! Might be time to drop some bedtime Benadryl for a while!

I had a stress dream when I was in the choosing stage, about a huge office party sized cake box full of white petit fours all topped with different diamond engagement rings. I couldn''t choose!!!!

Here''s hoping he has mercy on you (and has the ring safely in hand!!)

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/9/2005 3:27:07 PM
Author: decodelighted
I feel for ya lady! Might be time to drop some bedtime Benadryl for a while!

I had a stress dream when I was in the choosing stage, about a huge office party sized cake box full of white petit fours all topped with different diamond engagement rings. I couldn''t choose!!!!

Here''s hoping he has mercy on you (and has the ring safely in hand!!)
I would have taken them all!

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the support, ladies, I know I''m a little prone to anxiety dreams- I still dream that I''m one credit short come college grad time and I graduated in ''91
3.gif

As for an uneventful update, I did ask my BF last night "so, did my ring arrive yet?" and he said "not that I know of" so if he''s telling the truth, it''ll be here tomorrow... (he has promised to contact the jeweler directly when it arrives so I''m out of the loop again) If there''s a problem and it doesn''t get delivered my BF would turn the whole thing over to me, the last thing he wants to do is to track down something
3.gif

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! i havent had any ring dreams, but some of my friends have had dreams about my ring. Does that mean i talk about it too much?

So is he going to tell you when he has it? When do you think he will give it to you? I think its great you still have college dreams. I still have waitressing dreams about a place i worked at in college. I''m the only server there and its packed...talk about anxiety!

As you know i am just as crazy as you are. We went to WI this weekend to go to a game with my dad and brothers. He had mentioned this is when he is asking my father. Well, my father was so sick we didnt spend any time together. Does that mean he didnt ask? I dont know! Our engagement pics are Sunday.... ARRGGHHHH! this anxiety is about to send me over the edge. the closer you get the more manic you are!

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
FFF, I know exactly what you''re going through!!! I totally feel your pain. I''m in the same exact situation! It''s hard, I know....but hang in there.

Hopefully your honey won''t make you wait as long as mine is.......
14.gif

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
I had awful ring dreams all the time. They were frightening--like instead of a diamond, there was an actual rock in the ring. Really dreadful, ugly stuff. It''s amazing what the unconscious mind conjures up. Don''t worry, FFF, your ring is going to be gorgeous. He''s just torturing you now, but think about how happy you''ll be once it''s on your hand!

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
I''m glad that I''m not alone. I have horrible nightmares about my (hopefully) future e-ring. The most recent one was that the ring was beautiful when he proposed, but when he went to put it on my finger it morphed into a silver/neon green gel concoction that turned out to be a bracelet. The ring was imbedded inside and couldn''t be taken out. It was awful.

I''m sure your ring will be beautiful. Let us know how it turns out!!

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my gosh, how funny!! I''m sorry it''s keeping you up at night, though! It will make for a great story once your b/f does propose
28.gif
Since your b/f is a horror writer, it just somehow seems appropriate that you would have nightmares about the ring
9.gif

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, here''s an update and it''s no fairytale
7.gif
:

Since my Saturday dreams my BF has been acting very weird and non-chalant about the ring and I had convinced myself that it arrived on schedule and he was in the planning stage.....well today he calls me as I''m driving around the Bronx, to ask me if I think he should go to his parents'' today to wait for the ring!!!???? and then adds, that if it doesn''t come today he''ll have wasted the day (his parents live about 45min away) MEN, aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

So I bit my tongue and said "what does the tracking info say online?" (I''m thinking that maybe it says "out for delivery") and he says "I lost that email with the tracking number from that guy." THAT GUY??? You mean the jeweler, right? Is it any wonder I have anxiety dreams?!!! but I calmed down and said "if you want to wait and see if they attempt delivery today you could go pick it up tomorrow." and he said "cool"
6.gif

And there, in the middle of crazy traffic on Fordham Road, I had a little epiphany- the man I love loves me back but my proposal isn''t going to be the stuff dreams are made of, it''s going to be simple, practical and not the result of some elaborate plan. and I went on with my day.

When I got home tonight, he was all freaked out because he was trying to get ahold of someone at his parents'' to see if it was delivered and then his bro calls to say delivery was attempted and its being held at the post office now
8.gif
my ring is in lockup at the PO! and my BF is doing the big regret thing, why didn''t I just go today, I don''t like that its at the PO now and we could''ve had it today, blah, blah, blah. and he just asked me when I''m leaving for work tomorrow because he needs to leave here early to go get the ring first thing...and I guess I should have butterflies but nowI''m just a little disappointed and a lot resigned to real life......oh well!

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
FFF,
You have no idea how much i relate. I couldnt stop giggling when i read your update, only because i feel the same way. At least the men we love, love us back. I scoured the house today before the cleaning lady got here, there is no ring. Has he not picked it up yet? Did he leave it in his office? Does he even have a clue how crazy i am? no probably not, he is in the other room watching baseball completely oblivious.

Well, heres to lowering our expectations. Maybe that will allow us to be suprised!

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
I''m just glad that we''re all psychotic together....because lonely and unstable is much worse than group psychosis!!!
31.gif

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
ok, 5:30 update-

we had a little "blow-up" today....BF wasn''t exactly listening, I guess, when I explained how registered mail works...he went to his parents'' house, said he couldn''t find the card the mail-person left. So he headed out to the PO, but it turns out it was the wrong PO (his address is on the border of town- the nearest PO is for another zip code- how can you live somewhere for most of your life and not realize that isn''t "your" post office???) When he got to the correct PO he told the guy he was there for a package but never mentioned registered mail..the employee looked under BFs last name, said there was nothing there and BF left in a huff, called me yelling that the PO didn''t know where the package was and that it could be out for delivery. and guess what, ladies??? I lost my cool- I asked where the pick-up card was and he said his parents must have thrown it out. I asked "were you raised by wolves? You called them, told them you were waiting for the package to be delivered, they called & said the card was at the house. WHY WOULD THEY THROW IT OUT???"

deep breath....I re-explained that registered mail is very different- did he tell the guy it was RM? No, he didn''t. I said find the card, there was no garbage pick-up this morning, go back to the correct PO and try again. Tell them its Registered and BE NICE. At this point the honest thought going through my head was if you can''t deal with something this important to me in a fairly reasonable manner, then I''ll pay for it myself, put it on my right hand and live the rest of my life as a crazy cat woman
3.gif

a little while later my cell rung and I ignored it, then someone in the office says "Jenn, I''ve got someone named Eric for you." He has never called my office before, so I take the call and he says "mission accomplished. it''s amazing and your diamond looks HUGE!" I tried not to grill him but couldn''t help it: does he like it- yup, does the stone look yellow (it''s an omc M, after-all)- only if you''re really looking for it and then just a little bit, is it what he thought- he says it''s thicker than he thought it would be but not ugly....and then he says "so how do you want this thing?" what romance
3.gif
He did add "I thought you wanted to be suprised but that''s kinda hard now, right?" I told him that I won''t pat him down or wait till he falls asleep to look at it, that it''s up to him at this point how it all goes down....

despite it all, i can''t help but get teary-eyed..he has the ring, he''s going to ask me to be his wife and I''m going to say yes
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
"he says "so how do you want this thing?" what romance.."

HAHA omg that''s so funny and soooo male typical!!! i also have a fairly unromantic better half, sometimes he surprises me and other times he surprises me...and not in a good way. HAHA! men! gotta love em.

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/12/2005 5:59:42 PM
Author: fountainfairfax
ok, 5:30 update-

we had a little ''blow-up'' today....BF wasn''t exactly listening, I guess, when I explained how registered mail works...he went to his parents'' house, said he couldn''t find the card the mail-person left. So he headed out to the PO, but it turns out it was the wrong PO (his address is on the border of town- the nearest PO is for another zip code- how can you live somewhere for most of your life and not realize that isn''t ''your'' post office???) When he got to the correct PO he told the guy he was there for a package but never mentioned registered mail..the employee looked under BFs last name, said there was nothing there and BF left in a huff, called me yelling that the PO didn''t know where the package was and that it could be out for delivery. and guess what, ladies??? I lost my cool- I asked where the pick-up card was and he said his parents must have thrown it out. I asked ''were you raised by wolves? You called them, told them you were waiting for the package to be delivered, they called & said the card was at the house. WHY WOULD THEY THROW IT OUT???''

deep breath....I re-explained that registered mail is very different- did he tell the guy it was RM? No, he didn''t. I said find the card, there was no garbage pick-up this morning, go back to the correct PO and try again. Tell them its Registered and BE NICE. At this point the honest thought going through my head was if you can''t deal with something this important to me in a fairly reasonable manner, then I''ll pay for it myself, put it on my right hand and live the rest of my life as a crazy cat woman
3.gif

a little while later my cell rung and I ignored it, then someone in the office says ''Jenn, I''ve got someone named Eric for you.'' He has never called my office before, so I take the call and he says ''mission accomplished. it''s amazing and your diamond looks HUGE!'' I tried not to grill him but couldn''t help it: does he like it- yup, does the stone look yellow (it''s an omc M, after-all)- only if you''re really looking for it and then just a little bit, is it what he thought- he says it''s thicker than he thought it would be but not ugly....and then he says ''so how do you want this thing?'' what romance
3.gif
He did add ''I thought you wanted to be suprised but that''s kinda hard now, right?'' I told him that I won''t pat him down or wait till he falls asleep to look at it, that it''s up to him at this point how it all goes down....

despite it all, i can''t help but get teary-eyed..he has the ring, he''s going to ask me to be his wife and I''m going to say yes
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
haha, I laughed through that entire thing. FFF, I''m sorry you had some extreme anxieties, but am glad that it''s all coming to an end very very soon!!!!

Congrats & Good luck not patting him down!!!!
11.gif

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
FFF,

I''m so happy it''s going to be happening for you soon.
1.gif

You are going to be engaged to the man you love!!! Yay!!!
36.gif

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
well its safe and sound....as safe as they are with the bf''s anyway. Cant wait to see it, have you seen it yet? did you two end up talking about how you want it? cant wait to see the pics and hear the story!

I now just want mine now. hon, if you are reading this TONIGHT would be good!
emteeth.gif

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/9/2005 3:16:51 PM
Author: Mara
haha I dreamt about my ring ALL THE TIME when it was being made, 4 weeks of pure torture. OMG Annie and I also had the ''its the wrong ring'' kind of dream where it turned out HORRIBLY (it was custom).

...does this mean mine might be being made? I''ve been having lots of weird ring dreams. Last night I dreamed I got my e-ring in the mail but it was only half-done; it was supposed to be this intricate eternity band with engravings and milgrain (not what I really want, btw) but the jeweler had forgotten to set like half the diamonds and only parts of it were engraved; worst of all, the center stone hadn''t been polished so that it sparkled, it was instead, an opaque blue.
33.gif
33.gif

I know you just got your ring but I just wanted to share.
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maybe GG!!

One other thing I remembered was that when I was waiting for my ring to come back to me from WF with the new 1.6 J SI2...I was having dreams about it arriving and not being polished so it was really dull and like a ''rough'' diamond, and then in one dream it was a bright yellowish color...etc. So I think even after you have your ring, if you change it or get a new stone etc, you go through it all over again!!

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Well, that''s hardly comforting!!
9.gif

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Hehehe, we really are all psychotic, aren''t we???

Seriously, diamonds should come with a Surgeon General''s warning: "This product may cause sleepless nights, psychological instability, and excessive salivation. Use with caution."

9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/16/2005 12:17:23 PM
Author: HOUMedGal
Hehehe, we really are all psychotic, aren''t we???

Seriously, diamonds should come with a Surgeon General''s warning: ''This product may cause sleepless nights, psychological instability, and excessive salivation. Use with caution.''....and put a plastic cover on your pillow...

9.gif

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
hehehe yeah, I had a dream that he proposed but instead of the ring I thought I would be getting, it was this huge mustard yellow emerald cut mostly opaque THING set in a black plastic band?? Like the most hideous thing I had ever seen. But since the stone was so big I figured he''d probably spent a lot of money on it and was proud of himself for getting me a much larger stone than I was expecting, so I felt bad saying anything about it so I had to pretend that I liked it.

I told him about the dream when I woke up and he rolled his eyes at me. Glad you guys can understand though!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results