shape
carat
color
clarity

Progress, finally!

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
I will definitely try to get some good macro pics when the ring is officially in my possession. I may need to read through the tutorials, though. My pictures never come out well, even with the macro setting. I have a rather low-end camera, so I'm sure that's not helping. I guess I'll use this time while I'm waiting for the proposal to learn how to take better pictures. :)

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! I love the proportion of the band to the stone, I now you were a little worried it would cover up details of the flowers. Your also right about the migraine, I would have never guessed there was any migraine until you said so!

:appl:

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, maebelle!

Yes, the proportions are perfect, I think! I was worried the stone would cover up the tiny flowers, but it sits perfectly between them.

The milgraining is super fine. You can see it a little in the first picture I posted in this thread, from a poster named badgerskunk who has the same setting. You can't see it at all in my blurry pics, but I'll take better ones to show the detail as soon as I can. You really can see every vein and wrinkle in the leaves and flower petals. It's amazingly tiny. I hope I can get my photography skills up to par in time for the proposal!

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
Now I'm trying to find out why my computer auto-corrected "milgrain" to "migraine", Haha

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
maebelle|1299704100|2868346 said:
Now I'm trying to find out why my computer auto-corrected "milgrain" to "migraine", Haha

For my amusement? I found it quite enjoyable!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Yay! It's so gorgeous!

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
So my boyfriend had told me he wanted to wait to propose until after he had spoken to my family. Then my mom invited us to dinner this weekend. "Perfect!" I thought. I really thought he would agree. So I told him last night that my mom invited us to dinner. He was uncharacteristically annoyed. He said he had to go to the bathroom, and I could hear him muttering "this weekend sucks" under his breath. I was mad, at first. What the hell did he have against having dinner with my family? They get along beautifully and he certianly loves my mom's cooking. And he specifically said he wanted to talk to them before he proposed. He tends to be a little bit of a homebody, so I thought he was just mad because he wanted to relax at home this weekend or something. Which would really tick me off, since I really don't want to sit around and relax instead of, you know, getting engaged. He came back from the bathroom, and I was all pouty-Miss-Angryface, and finally asked him what the hell the problem was with having dinner with my family. He said that is was nothing, but he had really wanted to take me out for a nice date on Saturday, since we hadn't had a proper date in a long time. He said he felt bad for "only" taking me to the local diner last weekend, and he really wanted to do something nice, just the two of us. He said he knew what a tough time I've been having at work and how stressful things have been for the last few weeks, and he wants a chance to cheer me up.

So...he is either a total jerk making excuses to not hang out with my family (and thus delaying the proposal), or he is up to something. I am really hoping it is the latter.

Glitz

Shiny_Rock
How exciting!!! Did you guys decide what you'll going to be doing this weekend, going out for dinner or to your parents? Maybe he's already asked your parents for permission and you just don't know about it, or maybe he doesn't want to ask anymore and is just going to go ahead with things. Either way, I hope you two have a good time, and I'll be sending ~*~DUST~*~ your way all weekend.

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
Good luck this weekend!

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks. At this point it doesn't look good. Yesterday we found my elderly guinea pig (she's been with me 7.5 years) unable to use her back legs. We have a vet appointment to see what we can do for her, but I'm afraid her body is just failing her and we may have to put her down. I'm pretty sure my boyfriend isn't going to propose to me at the vet's office, so it probably won't be this weekend. I guess I'll have to wait some more.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no!
DUST for mr. piggie and I hope that he pulls though!

As far as the proposal goes I hope you don't have to wait to long! It gets killer after you've tried on the ring.

HUGS!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results