shape
carat
color
clarity

Leaps and bounds!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

crossmyfingers

Shiny_Rock
My BF had promised months ago me we would start talking about marriage (and engagement) at some point after the first of December. I've told you ladies that several times in threads of my own and in other threads when it's been relevant. I'd been really frustrated and impatient waiting to have that talk, but I was trying my best because I didn't want to rush him into that conversation. Well, we had that talk a few days ago!
36.gif
And actually several more discussions about it since. Feels so nice to be able to bring up all my random thoughts about engagement/marriage/the future.

He said he had figured we would get married this year, or probably at the latest in Spring 2011 but that he didn't want to wait that long. Whoa! Anyway, long story short, it really feels like everything is falling into place with us now. And later, I asked if we should start looking at rings, and he said yes with a huge grin on his face
9.gif

I'm so excited! He actually told his parents yesterday that we are talking about the future and that we will be getting engaged soon.

Oh and my best friend is about to be engaged soon too, and at times we are both so giddy about it that it's just silly. And last night while some of us were hanging out, one of HIS best friends brought out a diamond spec card and showed us, and told us he's proposing to his GF on Valentine's Day. Seems like it's contagious, haha! (BF was so surprised about how much I knew about diamonds when I was talking to his friend, so thanks, PriceScope!)

So, just updating you guys. I know I've loved reading good news from other LIWs when I'm feeling negative, thought this might put a smile on someone else's face now.
37.gif

Ms. Raptor

Rough_Rock
Congrats, crossmyfingers!
Not to be cheesy, but it sounds like you''re going to be have a VERY Happy New Year!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Hooray! Good news is always wonderful to hear!

We''ve started talking about our wedding as well...tentatively planning for next summer b/c it will be a few states away from where we live and we need to spread our planning trips out for vacation time purposes.

Can''t wait to hear about the proposal when it comes!!!
36.gif

HaloBelle

Shiny_Rock
That is such a good idea, a time when you can talk about it that is up to him...Perhaps I''ll give the BF that idea. :)

Your story certainly put a smile on my face!! Congrats on all of the happy moments you are having!

crossmyfingers

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone! And yes, Ms Raptor, it looks like this year is off to a fantastic start so far!
9.gif

I''ll certainly keep you all updated and let you know about looking at and buying rings, and about the proposal itself. Should be pretty soon, from everything he''s said. Eeeee!

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! I''m so excited for you; it''s so great when you and your boyfriend are on the same page and can talk about the future comfortably. Looking forward to hearing your updates!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
That''s a very exciting point to get to in a relationship! Congratulations and here''s to a quick proposal!

4ever

Ideal_Rock
YUS! *high five*

Very excited for you, do keep up updated with eveything! I loved reading your post, it''s just gushing with excitment and happyness
9.gif

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! That''s so exciting! Keep us updated on ring shopping and any other updates too! I love hearing about everyone''s progress!

crossmyfingers

Shiny_Rock
Oh my gosh, he just called to see how my day was and *he* casually brought up wedding details. This is so weird! It''s great too though - I love it!
30.gif

I promise I won''t update the forum every time I smile about this - I would be banned for spamming, probably, hehe.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/11/2010 10:05:18 PM
Author: crossmyfingers
Oh my gosh, he just called to see how my day was and *he* casually brought up wedding details. This is so weird! It''s great too though - I love it!
30.gif

I promise I won''t update the forum every time I smile about this - I would be banned for spamming, probably, hehe.
So happy for you! Your happiness comes across in your message!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results