shape
carat
color
clarity

Ladies, I need to vent!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
So BF and I have FINALLY found the setting and diamond that scream "THIS IS IT" to us. The problem is that the diamond is going to be sold to someone else on Monday because he fell in love with the diamond also. BF is still saving up and needs about another month or so in order to be able to purchase. I''m sure a diamond of simailar quality can be found and I need to get over this particular diamond. It''s just that this was the first diamond we looked at that made us go "WOW" and we both instantly fell in love with it. There''s something sentimential to me about it, that we both fell in love with that particular diamond. He feels bad about it (which I don''t want him to) and has said that if that diamond does indeed get sold, we can go back together and look at another one but its not the same. I know I need to just be happy about the relationship and my amazing BF, soon to be FI and stop getting caught up in something this petty. Sigh, I guess I just needed to vent!

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
What was it you liked about this diamond? Was it the fire, color, combination of everything? If you can pinpoint what it was you really liked about it maybe you can focus on looking for that again when your BF is ready to buy.

Trust me, new stones come along allllll the time. I''m sure you''ll find one that speaks to you in the same way. And even better, then it will be *your* diamond and you''ll love it even more for that.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ditto to Erica. And just thank your lucky stars that it wasn''t a colored stone, because if a stone is sold, it''s sold. And it''s rare that another one comes back that''s like it AT ALL.

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
I loved the fire, sparkle, and just EVERYTHING about it. It took my breath away.

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
That is a bit of a bummer but I also agree with Erica and Freke's points.

Maybe you could make detailed notes of this stone's stats, so if you do have to start the search again you'll know exactly what combination of angles and percentages are beautiful to you.
1.gif

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/4/2009 1:32:30 PM
Author:Treasure43
So BF and I have FINALLY found the setting and diamond that scream 'THIS IS IT' to us. The problem is that the diamond is going to be sold to someone else on Monday because he fell in love with the diamond also. BF is still saving up and needs about another month or so in order to be able to purchase. I'm sure a diamond of simailar quality can be found and I need to get over this particular diamond. It's just that this was the first diamond we looked at that made us go 'WOW' and we both instantly fell in love with it. There's something sentimential to me about it, that we both fell in love with that particular diamond. He feels bad about it (which I don't want him to) and has said that if that diamond does indeed get sold, we can go back together and look at another one but its not the same. I know I need to just be happy about the relationship and my amazing BF, soon to be FI and stop getting caught up in something this petty. Sigh, I guess I just needed to vent!
Yep be happy. There are people in this world who've lost their jobs, homes etc.....and I bet they wish that all they had to worry about was buying a diamond. Having said that, I totally obsessed over my e-ring (like a demented mad woman) so I DO understand your frustration
23.gif

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
I totally fixated on a particular stone for about four months. Couldn''t eat, couldn''t sleep, had to save, save, wait, wait... and then I finally saw it in person...
it had two dark specs just under the table, that hadn''t shown up in the photos. Bit of a back-to-earth moment!

Now I''m gaga over the stone I DID get!! Concentrate on your stats, (especially cut) and you''ll find your beauty in the end!

gryffindor

Shiny_Rock
I had my initial stone that I was mentally making my own and so close to committing to bought out from under me too. My jeweler brought in at least 10 more stones in the general range of the sold one. I found my current stone with higher clarity and better cut than the original one. Although it is a lower color (but can''t tell from the better cut) and is slightly smaller (.07 carats), waiting for this stone saved my FI over $2500. And now that it is on my finger, I can''t complain at all and love staring at it all the time!!!!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Coming from a completely practical standpoint, are you sure the diamond is "sold"? If it was already sold, then why did the shop show you the diamond? Perhaps there is no one else who is in love with this particular stone and the store is just using this as a sales tactic? After all, if I were so in love with a stone, I would have a deposit on it so that I could have the reassurance that the stone would not be shown to or sold to anyone else!

With that said, I would suggest you take the stats of the stone you love and price compare in RT to see if you could get a substantially similar stone for less. I know there is something to be said for seeing a stone in person, but I would check the return policies of on-line vendors for just that reason. Given the price differences between on-line vendors and BM stores, FF could likely purchase a substantially similar stone right now.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/5/2009 6:49:05 AM
Author: Loves Vintage
With that said, I would suggest you take the stats of the stone you love and price compare in RT to see if you could get a substantially similar stone for less. I know there is something to be said for seeing a stone in person, but I would check the return policies of on-line vendors for just that reason. Given the price differences between on-line vendors and BM stores, FF could likely purchase a substantially similar stone right now.
Huge ditto.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/5/2009 10:39:10 AM
Author: mscushion

Date: 4/5/2009 6:49:05 AM
Author: Loves Vintage
Huge ditto.
agreed.

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all the repsonses everyone :) That''s a great idea! I''ll make sure to get all the specs on the stone so I know what to look for. Additionally, BF is going to see if they have a lay-away policy and potentially do that to ensure that the diamond would be ours, yet he would have a little more time to finish saving up :)

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
I know exactly how you''re feeling. When mr. redfaery and I went shopping for the first time we fell in love with a diamond. But we couldn''t afford it. When we went back a couple months later it was gone. I was really sad. But once I got my ring on my hand... I couldn''t imagine any other diamond in its place. So keep your chin up girlie! YOUR diamond is just around the corner!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results