shape
carat
color
clarity

Ladies - Do you have a proposal response planned?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
Other than YES!!!

My BF is hugely romantic and will undoubtedly spend countless minutes talking about us, his love, etc. etc. I feel that just saying "yes" is not enough. I need to say something back about how I feel for him. Kind of an impromptu vow thing.

What do you think? Have you had the same thoughts? If you are already engaged, what was your experience?

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
I have no idea, and I kind of like it that way. I think whatever my natural reaction is will be just right (unless I do something clumsy, like drop the ring off a bridge).

I think I'll save the planned-out stuff for my wedding vows. I totally get where you're coming from about wanting to say something about your feelings, but I just think that, for me, it would be hard to make a "script" feel natural when the rest of it is all impromptu/reactive (if that makes sense?).

(I don't mean a script exactly, but I guess what I'm saying is that planning a response without knowing what exactly the circumstances are seems like it could get tricky.)

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
Hi MissKitty - I agree, I''m not gonna pull out a script and go at it, but I think I will start thinking of a few ideas and concepts I would like to express to my BF. I guess I feel like he is going to so much work and preparation for this proposal that I should give him back something that I took some time to think about.

Erinleigh

Shiny_Rock
Haha... I''m a crier... so he''ll be lucky if he even gets a ''yes'' between my sobs... But he knows it and he''s well prepared
9.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
I think it''s sweet to say something back, then. And I''m also pretty sure that anything you say after "yes" (unless it''s "yes, but..."
6.gif
) is going to be just perfect.

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/15/2009 2:36:07 PM
Author: Erinleigh
Haha... I''m a crier... so he''ll be lucky if he even gets a ''yes'' between my sobs... But he knows it and he''s well prepared
9.gif
Ditto this... I''m actually NOT a crier, but I have a feeling this will be a very emotional moment for me.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
I thought I might give an awesomely romantic version of "yes!" but when the time came I was at a loss. I just stood there with my mouth agape. Then I hugged him. I don''t even remember saying ''Yes.'' I believe the words, "So are you going to marry me or what?" were spoken. Then I said yes, or nodded my head. It''s a little blurry but also fantastically romantic.

Just making the moment very ''you and him'' is important. No scripts.

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
i thought i''d had it all planned out but when the actual moment happened i was so surprised that it was actually happening that everything went out the window. apparently, when he pulled out the ring i turned away from him, faced a wall and asked if he was serious about a million times. totally don''t remember doing that and it''s definitely not what i planned. :) after that he spun me back around and we hugged for about an hour! i know i said yes somewhere in there. it''s all such a blur and the moment is so surreal that i don''t think anyone can plan their reaction. it''s an amazing moment between you and your FI though so it won''t much matter. they''ll be able to see exactly how you feel...pure bliss and excitement rolled into one.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
I remember thinking I would be all cool and calm, but when the proposal happened, I think I said something along the lines of "You''ve got to be joking, there''s no way this is real?" I was kind of expecting the proposal, but I thought then BF was just teasing me, like he was tying his shoe or something.

Then I cried. Said yes somewhere, but cried, lol!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
I''ll probably be crying. Or laughing. Or smacking him upside the head asking what took him so long...

So, I plan to do a reciprocal proposal sometime after he proposes.

No need to let the guys have ALL the fun! Plus, I know he will be surprised and really love it. I can see him now, beaming with pride, telling the story.

SO wants a wedding band with both white gold and yellow gold, so I want to get inverse rings for his engagement and wedding bands. So one would be WG/YG/WG and the other would be YG/WG/YG, if that makes sense...

I''m more excited TO propose than to get proposed to. I''d just like to git ''er done!
3.gif

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/15/2009 9:03:11 PM
Author: trillionaire
I''ll probably be crying. Or laughing. Or smacking him upside the head asking what took him so long...

good one trillionaire! hahaha! i''ll probably be like that too.

i think it''ll all depend on how he''ll propose. BF is a jokester and he says sarcastic and/or funny remarks when he''s nervous. at the same time, he can be incredibly romantic with his words. either way, i can see myself shrieking, crying, laughing and saying "OMG" over and over again. after i''ve composed myself (yeah right!), i''ll probably try to say something meaningful back but who knows. i might even forget to say "yes"!

NicaK

Rough_Rock
Trade
I will probably laugh then start crying. I''m just weird like that. I used to think about what I would say but I know that I would never remember what I planned.

pluck15

Shiny_Rock
I''m not a big crier, but when it comes to this....I totally am. I have been known to get teary eyed thinking about it when the Taylor Swift song comes on the radio! So I''m sure I''ll just have a huge goof grin on my face, and tears pouring down, and some form of nodding or sobbing yes......... :D I just can''t wait!!!!

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
I will undoubtedly cry too.... but after I regain composure, I hope to say something wonderful to my BF. He deserves to know how I feel about us, him, and our future.

cleokizzy

Brilliant_Rock
i had it all planned out for over a year! my plan was, when he proposes, i''ll tell him "NO" just to get back at him for making me wait for soooo long (7 years!). wait for a few seconds and then say "just kidding! YES! YES! YES!"
9.gif
i was so serious that i know i''ll stick to my plan.

but

he proposed, caught me off-guard and my wonderful master plan got thrown out the window! i did a post regarding the proposal here: My Unromantic-Romantic Event by an ex-LIW!

purelily

Shiny_Rock
Oh.. I''m not sure what I''d say. I''d probably sit there and stare at him before comprehending. We''re very into winging it together. I''d probably be so overly emotional I probably would forget to say even "yes"

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I''ve ran my reaction through my head but I honestly have no idea what I will do or really say other than "YES!!!!!!!!!!" guess we will have to wait and see

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Since he and I were dating for several years, I often pondered what I would say to him after saying yes. I had assembled a few ideas, however, I was caught quite off guard with the proposal that I could hardly squeak out "yes." In the car ride to the restaurant, I sat in silence, as my head was just spinning. I so wanted to say something meaningful, but could not spit anything out. What I plan on doing is writing him a meaningful note and then read it aloud to him.

Bjedifish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I totally had something planed! but then in the moment I was so surprised that I was crying like a baby and then, like the lady I am, said "oh shit! Did I say yes yet?!?"
9.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
There was very little planning or follow-through when it came to his proposal (and my response)
2.gif
He wasn't planning to propose then, and decided to about a minute and a half before he did it. Any loose plans I had went straight out the window in favor of just being in the moment.

Some people find the planning + follow-through romantic, but I'd take his spontaneous proposal any day
30.gif

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2009 9:03:11 PM

So, I plan to do a reciprocal proposal sometime after he proposes.

No need to let the guys have ALL the fun! Plus, I know he will be surprised and really love it. I can see him now, beaming with pride, telling the story.

SO wants a wedding band with both white gold and yellow gold, so I want to get inverse rings for his engagement and wedding bands. So one would be WG/YG/WG and the other would be YG/WG/YG, if that makes sense...

I''m more excited TO propose than to get proposed to. I''d just like to git ''er done!
3.gif
Just wanted to update, in actuality, I stood there like an idiot, though I did respond and say ''of course!''. I was shocked beyond emotion!

I definitely want more than ever to do a reciprocal proposal, because I really want to say something meaningful back... and hopefully he will just stand/sit there confused, and he will understand why I didn''t seem more enthusiastic, lol! I was so confused!!!
3.gif

ringless

Shiny_Rock
I am not going to plan it out, whatever I say will be in the moment and will be from my heart. Who knows, I may be mute and not say anything at all because I''m sure I will be in complete shock!
I will do my best to make sure to soak in the moment and to just let my emotions do whatever they want that day :)

I really get so excited just thinking about it!
emwink.gif

ringless

Shiny_Rock
Pluck15 -- Me too! I love that Taylor Swift song.. I get so teary eyed at the end of the song!
emwink.gif

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2009 11:12:49 AM

Just wanted to update, in actuality, I stood there like an idiot, though I did respond and say ''of course!''. I was shocked beyond emotion!

I definitely want more than ever to do a reciprocal proposal, because I really want to say something meaningful back... and hopefully he will just stand/sit there confused, and he will understand why I didn''t seem more enthusiastic, lol! I was so confused!!!
3.gif
Ditto that!
9.gif

My FI has been really wanting a dive watch, so I am thinking of incorporating that into a "reciprocal" proposal, just so I can enjoy his shocked face!
1.gif

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/15/2009 2:36:07 PM
Author: Erinleigh
9.gif
Totally my thoughts as well. I know I could plan something to say but I''ll be way to emotional to remember even 5% of what I planned, so why bother haha. I get all red and blotchy when I cry too so you can bet there will be few to no post-engagement pictures of the moment haha which is FINE with me.

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/17/2009 8:48:53 PM
Author: musey
There was very little planning or follow-through when it came to his proposal (and my response)
2.gif
He wasn''t planning to propose then, and decided to about a minute and a half before he did it. Any loose plans I had went straight out the window in favor of just being in the moment.

Some people find the planning + follow-through romantic, but I''d take his spontaneous proposal any day
30.gif

oh, i love that musey. i mean, it''s very sweet when men put a lot of thought into the proposal but i like that he just felt it was right & went with it. (i hope my ff is on the same page, but honestly, i don''t care how he proposes--as long as it''s sooner than later!)

as for responses, i''ll probably say something completely uneloquent, i know me
41.gif

MrsHToBe

Shiny_Rock
I''m a BIG crier, and although I''ll probably shed some tears when he proposes, part of me thinks I''ll probably take a light-hearted stab at him for making me wait so dang long for it. Either that, or I''ll shout out, "YES, YES, YES, YES!" before he gets anything out of his mouth, lol.

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
yes i do
9.gif

in the event that my words inevitably fail me (i hope i can manage a yes)

as soon as my mind resumes what for all intensive purposes will be called it''s "normal" state following the proposal (ideally just before we walk away from where ever we are)

i will quite awkwardly and bashfully give him this:
(it says "My heart is yours forever" in italian and english. and in italian it ends with sempre
5.gif
just right for my Marine)

responsivering.JPG

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
yup....

"about fricken time mister...YES!"

Altho I''m still debating saying that or not.
4.gif

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
Squirrly that is so beautiful!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results