shape
carat
color
clarity

Is your SO like having a child?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
I make SO''s lunch every day, but I''m making MINE too. It would be pointless to have both of us in the kitchen making the same thing. I cook and clean, but that''s more because I''m a control freak and I don''t enjoy eating Hamburger Helper 5 nights a week.

The only time I''d put toothpaste on his brush is if his thumbs magically stopped working.

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
My BF is not a babied by me at all. He also wasn''t babied by his mother one bit. She had him doing his own laundry when he was 7. Ha I just started doing my own laundry when I was 15 because I didnt want my clothes to get mixed with my sisters clothes, because she would steal mine. But anyways do I baby him? NO WAY. We make our own lunches, sometimes even our own dinners. But we share responsibilities.

On the other side, I sit at work a couple days a week and watch my boss make her husband a sandwhich. I think that''s ridiculous personally. I did say something one time, and she did say he does more physical things like take the trash out, plow the driveway, fix things around the house. But still. She works just as much as him. I think it will most always be equal if I have anything to say about our responsibilities!
27.gif

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmm interesting post. I confess sometimes I do feel I baby him and get really frustrated by his lack of effort. We both work full time - exact same hours but somehow I end up doing all the washing, cleaning and cooking!!!? He is perfectly capable I know but takes so damn long to get around to do anything I sit there foaming at the mouth for him to just GET ON WITH IT! Anyone else understand that feeling? Obviously I don''t cut his meat, toothpaste thingy etc just general things like making sure he has a clean shirt in the morning, pack his lunch or he''ll each Maccas every day etc. He is quite lazy sometimes. Probably have made a rod for my own back me thinks...

adhesive

Shiny_Rock
I''m the one that''s babied in the relationship. He loves to take care of me and I love being taken care of. I love the role of the husband as the caretaker in the family. Taking care of just his wife (or FF or FI) and assuming responsibility for another person sort of prepares him for the attention and care that children will require, and that can come about only as a result of self sacrifice, which I believe naturally "kicks in" for women when they give birth, if not before then.

That having been said, FF does NOT remind me to brush my teeth (my being a pre-dentistry major might have something to do with that), does NOT wash my back (but we don''t live together and are saving ourselves for marriage anyway), does NOT cut up my meat or make me lunches, or do any of those other things that the wife mentioned in the first post did.
He does, however, serve my plate of food first if he''s also up serving one for himself, carry my things for me if I have a lot to tote, scratches my back if I beg him to, takes out the garbage at my apartment, writes me love notes, etc.
But I also do the same kinds of sweet things for him, just a little differently. He shows his love by "doing" things for me and I think that''s quite alright and indicative of how he will show his love to our children some day.

Despite the fact that he is 5 years older than me, his treatment of me is not childlike by any means. It is more loving and caring, respectful, and less "fatherly" than it may seem.

This turned out to be a very interesting post. Thanks, OP :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results