shape
carat
color
clarity

Im Engaged!!!! (long)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AprilD

Shiny_Rock
Ladies,
Its my turn! I cant even believe it.

First off, I want to start by saying I dont post all that often, but I am on here and you guys have helped me in the waiting process. And I thank all of you for that!

A little background. We have been together for 5.5 years and living together for 2. We are both 27.

Now... for the story
36.gif

This past September I decided to go back to school after being out for 7 years. Hard decision but Matt was behind me 150%.
Its been a hard semester getting back into the groove.

SO Wednesday was my last exam and we had previously decided to go out for sushi to celebrate. YUM
Prior to leaving he asked if I wanted to go cross - country skiing afterwards. I wasnt really up for it. So he proceeded to tell me that in the past few weeks we have somewhat been lazy (we are normally pretty active ppl, running, biking, etc) so we REALLY should go out and get some exercise and once were out there, itll be fine.... hahaha (good cover)

So we go for dinner and then get bundled up in the car and go on these nice trails near our house. The moon was shining SO bright.. we didnt even need to use our headlamps! So we go skiing on the trails and are laughing the whole time because I was not so stable on the skis. hahaha

On our way back he goes off the path and calls me over so we can have a break. We sit on this log and just cuddle and kiss. He says " OH, I brought the IPOD.. lets put on some music". So he puts the ear piece in my ear, and Jason Mraz "Im yours" starts playing.. which is our fave song lately.
At this point I was TOTALLY suspicious and my heart was racing!!!!!

He asks me to close my eyes. It felt like FIVE hours even though it was probably only 1 min. I hear him scrambling around, but still have the IPOD ear piece in one ear so cant totally hear whats going on. I hear him get on the ground in front of me and I was trying to hold back the tears at this point.

He then asks me to open my eyes. When I opened them, there he was on his knees in front of me with candles lit (remember this is on the trail in the forest :) ) He asked me to marry him and I immediately said OF COURSE I WILL.

He is pretty crafty too.. and he loves to give heartfelt gifts... well he MADE my ring box. YES made it. He took two knots out of a tree and carved them to open (like a clamshell kind of idea)... and put a notch inside where my ring would fit. It was totally heartfelt and SO HIM. I love it!

I couldnt stop the tears. I dont know where they came from. Its not that I never cry.. I just really thought that I wouldnt because Ive been waiting for the proposal for so long,... I had a hand in the ring process... I KNEW it was coming soon... but still the pure emotion of the moment just crept up on me.

The proposal was SO us and SO perfect!

After the initial shock we just hung around that area again for a bit. He had packed a thermos of hot chocolate... of which I had NO idea that he did that either.

Both mornings since that he has woken me up by saying... GOod Morning Fiancee.. hahaha

So thats my story.... pics of the ring are COMING.. I PROMISE!!!!!!!! This weekend!

IT sparkles SO much and I love it!
30.gif
We picked out the band together and what shape diamond we liked. Specs and size were up to him .

Heres some of the specs:

Centre stone : Rectangular Radiant .86 SI1 G
Band : .38 total carat. 76 diamonds in total..... pave style... as you can imagine with all of those little diamonds it sparkles like crazy!!!!!

Thanks for reading
1.gif

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Wow!!! What a thoughtful and heartfelt proposal! I love that he carved the ring box himself. Can''t wait for pics!!! (make sure you take pics of the box too!) Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
HOLD on there, honey -- not even a teaser pic?!
2.gif

Congratulations! Sounds very romantic!

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
OMG April your story seriously made me tear up!!! Your FI did such an amazing job!!!

I can''t wait to see pics of you ring....and the handmade box (soooo cute)

CONGRATS!!!

PS. Mine and FF''s fav song is "I''m Yours" too...That''s probably going to be our first dance. Good taste in music!!
31.gif

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
I love how creative your fiance got! I think your proposal is along the lines of my ideal dream proposal. I''d love to see pictures of that ring box - dont forget those! Congratulations!!!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
That was just amazing! Congratulations to you! I''d love to see some photos
30.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Wow! How fantastic! Congrats, AprilD!!

SparklyLibra

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
CONGRATS!!! AprilD! That was such a clever proposal story! Your FI sounds so in love with you! Best of luck to you both!

~SL.

ringless

Shiny_Rock
Um, ok.. I cried and I don''t even know you or your fiance! That was an amazing proposal and I can''t believe he made your ring box, so creative and from the heart.. it sounds so much like something my bf would do!
I can''t wait to see your ring... please post pics!

Happy planning and CONGRATS!

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
wow aprilD sounds like an amazing proposal
30.gif
cant wait to see pics of the ring!!!! congratulations
36.gif

fuzzers

Shiny_Rock
Awww congrats!
36.gif
I LOVE how he carved the ring box... how sweet!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Awww, that is SUCH a sweet proposal! Can''t believe he MADE your ring box--that''s incredible! And the candles and the hot chocolate and the song leading up to it--how perfect!! CONGRATS!!!!
36.gif

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful story. CONGRATS!!!!!!1

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Many congrats!!!
36.gif

PearlDahhhling

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! That proposal is soooooo sweet! I almost teared up just reading about it! I can''t wait to see pictures of the ring. And you must post some of the box he made too! Sooo romantic!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
congratulations! Cannot wait to see this beauty.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results