shape
carat
color
clarity

I never want to grow up!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
(Little back story) I am a huge family girl, and they mean more than the world to me. If I could have one wish in life it would be for me to stay 5 yrs old for the rest of my life, and my parents would stay the same age they were when I was 5 as well. It is the last time I can remember not having a care in the world. I can''t look at family picture albums, old school photos, or even talk about old family vacations... I literally begin to cry before turning the page or speaking a single word.

Well this is how my morning went...

Called my mom to say hello, on my way into work. She informed me that she was going to be repainting my old room this weekend. She also told me that she had taken down my trophies!!! GASP!!! I went silent... (My dad built a shelf around the top of my walls for all my trophies. As I grew up he would continue the trophy shelf to another wall, and another, until it surrounded the entire room.) I asked her, "Well, are you going to be putting them back up?" She said no... but they cleaned all of them and they got these great boxes to keep them in.
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
Keeping in mind I take a charter bus to work, I was very lucky that most of the passengers close to me were wearing head phones that undoubtedly muffled my cries. I was so upset. My mom understands that it had nothing to do with her taking them down, she knows this is just an issue I have with all things regarding letting go of the past. So then she puts my dad on, and he tells me how emotional it was for them, and I immediately wished I would have been there to help. It would have been such a neat experience to talk about all the tournaments and stories as we put them away... yes I started to cry again...

Well, I got off the phone, cried a bit more, and finally took a little 10 minute nap. I was better when I got to work, but called C as soon as I arrived at my desk. He listened to my story, knowing exactly what I must have been feeling because he is always there to comfort me anytime we leave my parents house, and he said, "Babe, have your parents ship the boxes down here, and I''ll build you a new shelf for all your trophies."

I know it sounds super cheezy, but it melted my heart. If I have to grow older, then I wouldn''t want to do it with anyone else. I can''t wait to spend the rest of my life with such an awesome guy.
12.gif

Thanks for listening to my story... you gals are the greatest.

HeadOverHeels4James

Shiny_Rock
AWE Sweetie!!!!!! I get really emotional looking at pictures from my childhood. It''s so crazy when your really young you can''t wait to grow up. Sometimes I wish a could go back to the carefree little girl I used to be. It''s so weird to watch your parents get older, and grandparents get less and less active.
32.gif
Life is always changing. I''m so happy we both have such great men that we can grow old and platinum with! (I refuse to call my hair gray! haha)

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
AWW that''s so sweet of your man!!!!! I didn''t think I would have an issue with moving out of my childhood house, but when a family member bought it and built onto it, I got VERY DEFENSIVE about it-I know how you feel!!!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s such a great feeling when your FF knows exactly what to say and do. It''s those moments that you just realize you''re meant to be together.

Sweet story.
1.gif

HeadOverHeels4James

Shiny_Rock
Your FF is so sweet and considerate!! I recently threw away all my trophies and medals, it was so sad but very liberating! Are you going to take him up on the offer of a trophy shelf?

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
Ok so i am sitting at my desk and was ouloud (and enough to make people look) going "AWWWWW what a SWEETPEA!). you should want to grow up and old with that boy... !!

i too cry whenever i leave my mom. i cried when my childhood house was sold... i even took our door knocker. i know how it feels to grow "up" and leave the past behind.. but i like to think back on my childhood with a warm fuzzy feeling.. that i grew up in "perfect suburbia" with the best mom ever in the greatest house ever ect.. but now i am living with the most amazing man on the planet (well other than yours of course!
1.gif
).

you are LUCKY!!!!!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
My mom turned my old room into a sewing room. She was itching to get me out!!! LOL...

I hate growing up too. I keep feeling like I''m running out of time, when obviously that''s not true. It''s scary!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
that is such a sweet story!

aw
30.gif

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
awww that is the sweetest thing for your SO to do for you! it got me teary-eyed :)

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/25/2008 11:05:18 AM
Author: LiveLaughLove
Your FF is so sweet and considerate!! I recently threw away all my trophies and medals, it was so sad but very liberating! Are you going to take him up on the offer of a trophy shelf?
LLL: Yes I will!! We have a sports memorbilia room, and C said that my trophies would be perfect for it. My past is definitely not something I want to be liberated from. I have had an amazing life and want to share it with my children. However, there are about 60 or 70 (including medals, I think), so I may have to pick through and find my favorites. The rest will be kept tidy in the box they are in now.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Awww what a sweetie, he is a keeper :)

That is so utterly romantic I love it.

edotf104

Rough_Rock
AWWW... how incredibly thoughtful! It''s amazing to have someone who knows just how to cheer you up. Your new shelves will be awesome!

I know exactly what you mean about freezing time...I think about it a lot (especially when I''m happy), but I wonder what age I''d go back to if I could... hmm-- maybe a fun thread for the future
1.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/25/2008 12:13:30 PM
Author: edotf104
AWWW... how incredibly thoughtful! It''s amazing to have someone who knows just how to cheer you up. Your new shelves will be awesome!

I know exactly what you mean about freezing time...I think about it a lot (especially when I''m happy), but I wonder what age I''d go back to if I could... hmm-- maybe a fun thread for the future
1.gif
That is a great idea!! I''ll start it in Hangout... now that you came up with the idea, you HAVE to contribute!!
9.gif

dreaming of the day

Shiny_Rock
Oh what a cute man you have! That was a really sweet thing for him to say! I actually just found out that my mom wants to put her home up for sale - which of course is my childhood home. I know it is something that needs to be done, but when I found out it just really felt like it was time to grow up - I am not the baby anymore. That was so hard to take. I had some really good cries, and I know as it gets closer and closer to being a reality I will shed more and more tears!
39.gif
39.gif
I know I should be ok with it, because I don''t live at home anymore, but it is really taking away my security blanket and my connection to the past.

HeadOverHeels4James

Shiny_Rock
That room sounds awesome! You know what might be kinda cool? You could do like a huge shadowbox of your medals and ribbons if your have like a shirt or jersey you could put it behind them(if that makes sense)

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/25/2008 12:54:19 PM
Author: LiveLaughLove
That room sounds awesome! You know what might be kinda cool? You could do like a huge shadowbox of your medals and ribbons if your have like a shirt or jersey you could put it behind them(if that makes sense)
My mom actually made me a quilt with all my old tshirts for my birthday this past year. It''s awesome, and yes it is on the couch in the memorabilia room. What we did with the medals, was, we took my favorite stuffed aminals and hung them around their necks and perched the bears(etc.) on the shelf, in between trophies. It was all quite intricate actually. LOL!!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/25/2008 12:52:56 PM
Author: dreaming of the day
Oh what a cute man you have! That was a really sweet thing for him to say! I actually just found out that my mom wants to put her home up for sale - which of course is my childhood home. I know it is something that needs to be done, but when I found out it just really felt like it was time to grow up - I am not the baby anymore. That was so hard to take. I had some really good cries, and I know as it gets closer and closer to being a reality I will shed more and more tears!
39.gif
39.gif
I know I should be ok with it, because I don't live at home anymore, but it is really taking away my security blanket and my connection to the past.
Dreaming of Day: I don't even want to consider it. My parents thought about selling and building on a golf course in Arizona, but ALL the kids are against a sell of the house. Plus, my immediate family is up to 15 ppl. There's no way they could get rid of the 5 bdrm house anymore. (we're all very happy in secret
2.gif
)

I think they were just trying to get a rise out of us anyway... joke'sters

dreaming of the day

Shiny_Rock
Meresal:
I wish we could convince my mom of the same, but they might be developing the property in the near future (we own the home but rent the land), and we can't move the home! So if they decide to develop before we sell, than my mom is out her investment - and that just isn't worth it! The thing is she won't buy in the same town either - so I will lose all my roots
39.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh gosh how I can relate to you so! Im the same way. With the exception that I still live at home and I get sad to think of the day I will leave
39.gif
I am extremely close to my Mom and its hard for me to imagine not seeing her everyday and having out little chats and doing the things that we do together. Other than FF, my Mom is my best friend! FF always tells me not to worry about it, that I can come home and visit (but its not the same.) He calls me a little monkey because I cling onto everything and never want to let go (like a baby monkey and his mother) lol! But Im the same way with FF too! I ALWAYS want to be with him. lol!

And I get incredibly attached to things. I have pretty much everything I have ever owned. Including all my toys from when I was a kid and stuffed animals galore (I collected teddy bears and have literally hundreds of them.) We have boxes upon boxes in the garage of my old stuff. Why do I keep it? I guess because I can't let go.......Its going to be SUPER hard for me to leave this place. Very hard. And I think about it alot because I know after I get engaged then married, Ill be with FF. Altough this part is exciting to me! If I can't be at home, Id rather be with FF. I know we would have a good life together and Im always happy when Im with him so I guess that will make up for the rest...But its still hard........

I had such a good childhood and my so-far adult life here at home that its so hard to know Im going to have to let go someday soon in the near future. I always get so negative and think about how sad it will be
38.gif
so.....I just keep trying to remind myself of all the great things to come in my life and that makes me feel better about it.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Um, if you don''t marry your BF, then I might!
27.gif
He sounds AMAZING!

I guess I am not that sentimental, as soon as I left for college, I started campaigning for the parents to turn my room into a library. I''m still mad that they haven''t done it yet...
20.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Dreamgirl... I moved home for 8 months after college. The only way I knew I could get out of there without backing out was to move in a weekend. I decided I was moving 2 weeks before, and the next week I flew to Houston for interviews and found a job that I started the next day, and the very next weekend I went home, packed up all my stuff and was gone. Ripped out of my house, just like you rip off a band-aid. It was the only way I knew I would be able to do it.
It is still very hard everytime I go home, but I''m only 4 hrs away, and this is as far as I''ll EVER roam... living situation wise. It was the best for myself and my parents... we woul dhave made a huge dramatic sceene about it the whole time. Probably at least 6 "last dinners" at all our favorite restaurants, followed by car rides home of laughs and tears, and then me laying in bed second guessing whether or not it was REALLY the right time to leave (in my head that answer is actually never)...

Trillionaire: That is funny! You sound alot like my brother.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results