shape
carat
color
clarity

I have the ring! Sweet story :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Hey all! I'm taking ages to type this cos I keep getting distracted by the SPARKLES coming from my left hand!!
Here's the story:
My sweet darling boyfriend asked me to marry him last June. He didn't have it planned at all! We were out for dinner at a lovely tapas restaurant in our city. It was really warm and we were having one of those perfect evenings. Then thunder started, so we left before the rain came. On the way home it started to pour and there was incredible lightening. We both love lightening, so we raced home and set up camp on the balcony with wine, candles, blankets and watched it. I guess the urge just came over P because he got down on one knee, said all the right things and we were engaged! Our families were thrilled to bits (and we were pretty delighted ourselves!)

Anywho, I'm still a student and P at the time was just finishing up his PhD, so there wasn't much money to spend on a ring. We got a beautiful silver claddagh ring that I've been wearing proudly for the last months. P started his now job as an assistant professor in September, so we started looking at rings. We wandered into an antique dealers one day and that's where we found my dream ring. We didn't know when we first saw it but it was actually the Tiffany solitaire with channel set band. Well I was hooked. P and saleslady had to keep making smalltalk while I gazed at the pretty sparkles!

P told me he'd been saving and that we would definitely have the ring by Valentines Day. Meantime...I found PS! I was going on and on about all I'd learned, and P was getting so annoyed every time I brought it up. I couldn't figure out why (I was only trying to help!), until...

Tuesday night when he surprised me with the beautiful, stunning, amazing ring that he'd been working so hard to keep a secret!! Ha ha...He had researched, and picked out a diamond, and was having the setting made by a family friend jeweler in NY, and here was me going "I think we should look at J colours...you should ask for idealscope images..." haha, and he couldn't tell me he already had it.

A little more about Tuesday night...I'm finishing up my physiotherapy (physical therapy for the USers!) here in the Netherlands. P did his PhD here, that's where we met, but we're both from Ireland. He moved to California in September for his new job, (I'm following in January). I last seen him in October when I visited the US. So my final exam was Tuesday and he was waiting outside the college when I finished. We went home and he had a little nap, and I was just about to order food when he said "I feel like tapas, lets go out". So we went to...you guessed it...the place we were the night we got engaged. We had a lovely dinner, he said "I got you a little end of exams present, close your eyes and hold out your hands". I still didn't suspect a thing, and held them out palms up
9.gif
. He turned them over and slipped on the ring! And I haven't stopped looking at it since
1.gif
It was funny cos my last exam was practical, so my nails were all short and fairly mangled! Had to hot-foot it to a manicurist on wednesday morning!

That's the story, sorry it was long! I'm thrilled, over the moon, ecstatic, delighted, my stomach is full of butterflies! It's nearly as exciting as when we actually got engaged :) I'm so happy I get to show it off to my family and friends before I move to California. I have the best FI in the world!!!!!!

I still can't figure out how to take pics! But keep an eye out on SMTR for a sparklefest soon!!

Thanks for letting me gush
2.gif

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
CONRATULATIONS!!!!

Thats so exciting!!!

Handshots Please.....
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
What a lovely story! Don''t apologize for it being long. I loved reading the whole thing.

Congrats on getting your ring! I can''t wait to see photos.

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
CONGRATS!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Your right...It was a very sweet story
9.gif

Can''t wait to see your ring!!!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
I can''t believe you posted without picture!!!
29.gif

CONGRATS!!! Both of your proposals sounded perfect, what a sweet guy!

SparklyLibra

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
Yay! Happy news! Cograts!

Now where are those pictures?
31.gif

~SL.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
pictures.....PICTURES........PICTURES!!!!!!!!!
36.gif

laughwithme

Brilliant_Rock
Awww your story made me smile! How adorable, I bet your stomach did a flip-flop when you felt the ring sliding down your finger! And that''s amazing about the thunderstorm, and that he brought you back to the same restaurant. It will always hold meaning for you from now on. Congrats!!!!

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
awww... I LOVED your story!!! Congratulations...can''t wait for your pics!

MissDimity

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! The tiffany channel set ring is one of my dream rings as well. Also congratulations on finishing your physio degree, I also just finished my physio degree 3 weeks ago in Australia.

Please post hand pics.
36.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, congratulations!! What a great story. Can''t wait to see it on your hand
1.gif

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Awe, congratulations!!!
1.gif

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
What a great story! Now we need pictures so we can ogle it too!
9.gif

vita*dolce

Brilliant_Rock
What a wonderful story!! I''m so happy for you both!! Congratulations, I''m glad you have a ring you love and an adorable story to go with it!!
congrats.gif

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Aw thank you all for your lovely responses! I''ve a lovely warm feeling in my belly :) haha how did I think I''d get away with no pictures!
9.gif
well, it will be a few days before the sparkletastic blingfest kicks off in SMTR, but for now here''s a fuzzy one I took with my phone so you can get the vague idea.

Congratulations on finishing your degree Miss Dimity! You Australians are the kings of physiotherapy
1.gif
I finished all my exams now and am starting my hospital rotations in January. I''m really looking forward to it - I just loved the course. I TOTALLY recommend the tiffany channel set! It looks awful in photos, like there''s gaps and stuff between the diamonds, but IRL it''s just a whole lotta sparkle!

So now, without further ado...a very fuzzy little phone picture! It will have to do until next week when I get home to my camera. I have my fingers crossed that the sun might peep out for a few mins some day and I can get inventive with some garden shots!

JNSSPKLYRNG.jpg

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Oh my god...that is huge! How do I make it normal sized??? I''m on a mac...
26.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful, many congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results