shape
carat
color
clarity

I have my something blue!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t need to look for something blue to wear on my wedding day because last night my fiance (woohoo!) proposed to me!

He picked up the ring on Thursday but I didn''t know when he was going to propose. But the next morning I had an inkling when he said we were going to go play putt-putt and watch a movie, because on our first date we went to play putt-putt. We got there at a relatively early time (6 o''clock) and nobody else was there so we had the place to ourselves. When we got to the 7th hole (his lucky number) he got down on one knee, pulled out the ring box, and said some wonderfully sweet things that made me start to cry. Of course I said yes, and we are now engaged! (And I even got my ball into the center of the tiger''s mouth for the 18th hole...winning a free game!)

I''ll try and take some pictures in a little bit, but I''ll just warn everybody that my jewelry photography attempts are usually pretty dismal. But here are the details.

2.97ct elongated light blue cushion sapphire
Bezel set
Palladium
Bead set diamonds going 2/3 of the way around the shank

We had it made at a local jeweler,
Aucoin Hart.

Anyway, take me off the list!

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Crappy or not, we need pictures and we need them now! And whooo hooo! Congrats!

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Stepcutgirl! The photo is lousy, but at least it's a picture! I'll try and create a terrible string of pictures for SMTR and I'll post a link when I do.

ETA: Sorry the picture is so big. And the grainy quality is because I had to compress it so much to get down to an uploadable size. I definitely need some of the fabulous PS photographers to do a photoshoot for me!

ETA2: Here's the SMTR thread

eringtaste-sml.jpg

bluebell

Shiny_Rock
congrats on your engagement!!! Your ring is lovely I can''t wait for more pics!
36.gif
36.gif

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh, congrats! I love the return to your first date site - super sweet.

"Crappy" photo or not, that ring is gorgeous!!!

crossmyfingers

Shiny_Rock
CONGRATS! I feel like you and I always follow each other around, usually one of us posting right after the other on most threads... Maybe your luck will rub off on me!
2.gif
That sounds like an adorable proposal.

And your ring is beautiful and pretty unique too. I love rings that aren''t the same as everyone else''s. (Too bad my own taste is pretty simple and pretty common.)

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Bluebell, Sillyberry, Callisto, Fuzzers, FutureMrsMRS, and Crossmyfingers: Thank you!

Bluebell: If you're looking for more pictures you may want to see the SMTR thread that I linked to in my second post. Unfortunately, that's as many good photos as I was able to get! But my fiance (woot!) said the jeweler is supposed to e-mail some photos on Monday, so maybe those will turn out better.

Crossmyfingers: I know; glad you get the feeling that we're always seem to be following one another too! Hopefully your proposal will come soon too!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your engagement, Austennut!!! It''s beautiful!!!!! May you and Mr. Austennut have a wonderfully happy and long life together!!!

Bjedifish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Congratulations!!!! Beautiful ring!

blueberrydot

Shiny_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I''m so excited to finally see that gorgeous stone of yours in a setting! So happy for you!

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Yaaay, congrats! I love your ring, it''s absolutely beautiful
1.gif
Enjoy being engaged!!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
AN, congratulations!!! Your ring turned out BEAUTIFUL and I''m SO GLAD you ended up being able to use that lovely stone!

Your proposal sounds just perfect! I am so excited for you!

BaileyLove

Rough_Rock
Congratulations!! What a beautiful and unique ring! And the custom design and proposal story is just too cute!

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on the engagement! That sapphire ring is amaaaazzzzinng!! Such a beautiful color!
30.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
What a lovely ring!!!! Congrats on your engagement!!!!!!!

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations, AustenNut. Your ring is absolutely gorgeous!!

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Blackpaw, Luckyeshe, Bjedifish, Blueberrydot, Misskitty, Vc10um, LtlFirecracker, Monkeyprincess, BaileyLove, Cally, Mayflowers, Princessplease, Patiently_Waiting, CurlySue, Purselover, Verypatientlywaiting, and Kitcha: THANKS!

Sorry I''ve been rather incommunicado but there''s definitely been a flurry of activities and calls and I haven''t been over to PS as often as before. (Shocking, I know!) In fact, I''ve been so busy I haven''t had the chance to see if the jeweler has the photos ready. But quick ring story. Yesterday it was gorgeous and warm and my fiance and I were walking the dog during the late afternoon. My stone was literally just glowing, like it had a little light inside of it. Too bad I don''t work outside as I''d love to see my ring looking like that all of the time. Then again, maybe not, as I''d probably get fired!

Thanks for all the support, ladies!

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! I like the proposal story too! Congratulations, my dear!

Welcome to BWW!

jenmarie

Shiny_Rock
Congrats!! So you''re in the NOLA area?! Every time I notice someone on PS is from around here, I feel like it''s a really small world.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results