shape
carat
color
clarity

i can buy when i want to!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luckynumber7

Shiny_Rock
hello ladies,

sorry i''ve been mia lately. congratulations by the way to everyone who''s gotten engaged recently.
emotion-19.gif

anyway, just wanted to share that my bf finally told me that he''s ready to buy me a ring. he was soo cute.
emsmile.gif
he actually whispered into my ear this morning (as i hit the snooze button in my alarm) that he''s ready to buy a ring and that we should start looking. i thought he was kidding so i just shush''d him and enjoyed my last minute or 2 in bed before i really had to get up.
emwink.gif
when we were ready to go (we ride the train together), i asked him if he was serious and he said yes. so i said, "if i find the diamond tomorrow, are you really going to buy it?" he said, "yes and i''m getting excited about everything."

we haven''t officially looked or sent out email inquiries to any vendors though. we might start this weekend when we get a chance. but it feels fantastic to know that he''s ready to take the plunge.

wish me luck as i start my search for my perfect diamond.

thanks,

patient1

Shiny_Rock
Congrats luckynumber7!! Something must be in the air... my BF is having the same experience! We''re doing our first round of looking together this Saturday (and I''m hoping I''ll only need one).
2.gif

Best of luck to you both and I hope you find just the right diamond and setting ASAP!
9.gif

KCCutie

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooo I see you''re an Asscher fan as well. I''d love to see pics of your dream setting if you''d like to share.

That story about how he whispered it in your ear after the alarm went off is so sweet! I think I''d do the same thing and then think later it must have been a dream. After 7 years I bet it is just amazing to know it''s time to start some serious shopping!

luckynumber7

Shiny_Rock
thanks for your warm wishes. i''m really excited.
emsmile.gif

patient1: maybe it''s something in the air. i mean, we''ve talked about marriage, etc for quite some time now so maybe he got tired of my nagging. hahaha!
emsmilep.gif
are you going to buy your diamond and setting online? what shape are you going with? do you a dream setting in mind?

kccutie: ya, he''s really sweet. i actually smiled when he said that and then when back to bed. part of me knew it was real but i just couldn''t believe it. are you an asscher fan too? my dream setting? hmm.. i tried on a halo once a few months ago but wasn''t completely sold on it (even if i thought it was the ring for me). it just didn''t look right on me. so now i''m torn between a 3 stone or a solitaire setting. no pave on the sides since i want an asscher eternity band and i''m worried that having small rbs on the sides might not go well (aestetichally at least) with my potential band. what about you?

i haven''t really been active in pricescope so sorry if i don''t know any of your backgrounds but please feel free to share.

thanks again.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
Yay!!! How exciting for you both. Enjoy every minute (some are stressful!) of search for the perfect stone.

I was dumbfounded when my partner told me to buy my ring! I couldn''t believe it was finally happening! Here I was sitting in front of the telly eating chinese takeaway and he casually brings it up, like, well I thinks it''s a good idea for you to find your dream ring, buy it and give it to me for safekeeping... and please pass the prawn crackers!!!!! I instantly lost my appetite (incredible for me) and had to sit for five torturous minutes before he smiled at me and said it was ok to log onto PS and start the search!! I left him there with his dinner, flew into the study and started the journey! It was heaps of fun, so I really hope you have an awesome time chosing something.

Don''t forget to post pics!!!

patient1

Shiny_Rock
haha, that''s funny 7! If you''ve been together 7 years, I''m sure you didn''t ''nag'' -- you just finally sparked his need to commit. (heehee)

My BF and I have talked about marriage and such for a while too (we''re at our 6th year). I got involved on Pricescope once he said he was ''saving'' money out of every paycheck. (We just graduated last year from college -- I in May and he in December and he got his job in January.) I joined only three weeks ago! Now he''s antsy to buy ''the one'' for me.
2.gif
I have Pricescope to thank for helping me approach him with ring ideas -- little did I know he would be so open and start sprinting toward a proposal! Granted, we were waiting until we graduated college and were both employed, but I didn''t anticipate ''getting down to business'' this quickly.
1.gif

I''m still open to purchasing online, but there is an amazing local jeweler here in Austin called Kruger''s. They''re known for being really flexible on pricing and treat their customers like family. Thanks to years of my own research and now the experts I''ve met here on Pricescope I have every confidence we can find my dream ring. As far as shapes go, I wasn''t sure between many shapes (oval, round, marquise and emerald) until I went to look yesterday at Kruger''s... And I think I''ve fallen for ovals!! I had wanted a Ritani endless love halo setting, but I find it''s out of our budget. Plus, I have ''soft'' hands and the tiny-tiny micropave band wasn''t too flattering. I''m now looking into getting a simple platinum or palladium setting and then ''upgrading'' later when we''re a little better established (financially).

I can''t wait to here how your shopping trip goes! We''ll have to swap notes after our respective trips.
9.gif

KCCutie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/20/2008 7:27:21 PM
Author: luckynumber7
thanks for your warm wishes. i''m really excited.
emsmile.gif

patient1: maybe it''s something in the air. i mean, we''ve talked about marriage, etc for quite some time now so maybe he got tired of my nagging. hahaha!
emsmilep.gif
are you going to buy your diamond and setting online? what shape are you going with? do you a dream setting in mind?

kccutie: ya, he''s really sweet. i actually smiled when he said that and then when back to bed. part of me knew it was real but i just couldn''t believe it. are you an asscher fan too? my dream setting? hmm.. i tried on a halo once a few months ago but wasn''t completely sold on it (even if i thought it was the ring for me). it just didn''t look right on me. so now i''m torn between a 3 stone or a solitaire setting. no pave on the sides since i want an asscher eternity band and i''m worried that having small rbs on the sides might not go well (aestetichally at least) with my potential band. what about you?

i haven''t really been active in pricescope so sorry if i don''t know any of your backgrounds but please feel free to share.

thanks again.
I''ve only been with my SO for just under 2 years but we just know we''re meant to be. Since I haven''t really been hinting heavily I''d be totally floored if E said anything to me about ring shopping. I did tell him though that I wanted him to pick it out and I was sure I would love whatever he chose for me. I did sneak in the other day my love for the asscher cut so I hope he was paying attention.

Not that I have been looking long, but so far Asschers are my favorite. I love that they seem pull you into them like a deep beautiful pool of water or a pair of gorgeous eyes. My wishlist is at work b/c I don''t want E to find it (yet) but my favorite so far is the Danny K split shank (it''s in a few posts around here but I''m new and not so good at the linking thing yet). I think the split shank with micro-pave is so pretty and I love to see a few little diamonds on the basket. However I just love the assher so much I think all the settings I''ve seen are nice. The three stone and the ones with side bagguets are close seconds on my list. For now though I''m just a dreamer so I have''t done any practical research. I haven''t even tried any on but I did play around with a gigantic white saphire ring (we used it in a short film as a e-ring and I got to wear it so it wouldn''t get lost on the way back to it''s owner) and thats when I fell in love with the asscher look.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
That''s great 7! Enjoy this time ... ring shopping can be a little crazy at times but it is so much fun. It was a great bonding experience for my bf and I.

luckynumber7

Shiny_Rock
honey22: thanks! love your chinese food takeout story. i''m getting anxious about this entire process. i somehow feel a bit guilty for spending his money on a ring esp with the impending recession. i''m trying to read more about you but i''m at work and can''t really be online too long. did you post pics of your ring? i can''t seem to find it.

patient1: are you going shopping this weekend? so exciting. i think i replied to your other post about being more patient. i know i would. heck, we''ve waited long enough, what''s another few weeks right?
3.gif
and i agree about swapping stories. i dunno if we can go this weekend though. maybe i can go after work for more setting ideas since i work by the diamond district.

kccutie: i totally agree about what you said about asscher diamonds. your eyes just get lost looking at those beauties. i hope your wait isn''t too long (like mine. hahaha!
9.gif
).

sparkalicious: thanks for the warm wishes. i''m actually getting anxious about the entire process. it seems so overwhelming. plus i''m doing the primary stone search coz he knows i''m anal and some of my friends work in the jewelry industry.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results