shape
carat
color
clarity

Hi, reintroducing myself

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock
Hi,
I joined this form a long while back and through the years have always enjoyed popping into LIW during the ups and downs of my dating life because of such a happy positive vibe.
Well . . . yea it's time for me to put myself on the LIW list. I have been w/ my bf for a little over a year and a half and enjoy his company so. Even though we are both a good bit older than the average dating couple he talked to my parents earlier this month to let them know of our plans -and- on Monday he told me his dad is sending a ring (a family heirloom).
So we will see.
It's actually easier to be patient and not nag(truth be told I work on not nagging) because I see his words matching his actions and that is so exciting for me.
He is a good man and I am so excited to continuing to live my life together with him.

Ittybittykittykat

Shiny_Rock
Being patient is hard but his actions match his words! Hope the wait is short!

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks samanthaxo and Ittybittykittykat.
It’s pretty exciting. BF’s dad sent the heirloom ring to my BF at the end of July, I got to see it and try it on -squeal-. The ring is a bit small so we are heading up to LA to get it sized and checked out by single stone at the end of the month.
Not sure, the diamond is either an OMC or a transitional cut the table looked too large to be an OEC.

How are the two of you?

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock
Hi marry poppins,
:wavey:

Thanks for checking in asking. All is going well . . . still a lady in waiting. When we went to single stone in LA had the nicest experience. I posted abt it in the show me your bling forum. I learned I wear my right hand ring way too loose and the engagement ring my boyfriend has, unsized mind you, is the correct fit. :o :appl:

The shank in the back of the heirloom ring is very very thin 0.9mm so one day it will have to be replaced. Single Stone checked the ring out and it is safe to wear. The center stone -is- an OEC stone, surprisingly eye clean, aprox 1carat and the art deco setting has 22 single cut diamonds in it.
They were so nice at single stone perhaps that's where we will get our wedding bands :naughty: but pricey. I am thinking of a "wear alone" not stacking band w/ single cut stones to match the feel of the antique engagement ring.
I won't wear the wedding band w/ the e-ring but the same feel.
So . . . he has been holding on to the ring since Aug 29.
He says he wants to surprise me with the proposal so I have been working on not nagging.
The other day he invited me to watch a sunset on the beach, it was a gorgeous evening and yup he just wanted to spend some quiet time on the beach together.
It's hard not to have expectations.

He did mention he is planning on proposing before my birthday and my birthday happens at the middle of the month. This month mind you.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good to know the ring is safe to wear. Getting it checked out and having the jeweler's approval definitely will bring you peace of mind while wearing it.

Sounds like your proposal will be any day now! :naughty: I can't wait to see some hand shots. Also looking forward to finding out what you will do for a wedding ring.

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock
Sadly the proposing before my birthday didn't happen . . .He isn't feeling well . . .so I'm not going to bring it up right now.

At this point I don't want to spoil my birthday (weekend he he I do love my birthday) so I'm am going to focus on other things. Really trying to take the attitude if it is meant to be it will happen and if it doesn't happen it wasn't meant to be

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope you're having a great birthday weekend and your guy is feeling better.

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock
Hi MP,
Yes my birthday weekend was a really nice one and the BF is feeling better.
I did bring up the elephant in the room on Sunday . . . I asked if I had heard him correctly had he been planning on propsoing before my b-day, he said "yes" and then I asked him if he still feel the same way and he said "yes". He said he didn't have a reason for not following through on when he was going to propose.

not feeling upset today . . . just kinda keeping my nose to the grind stone workwise.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stop thinking about it! You don't want to be disappointed always thinking 'is this it?' and then missing out on that moment. You are BF and GF now, in a committed relationship. Obviously you know it's going to happen, so just chill out a bit and focus on other things :) I know it's hard! Don't be sad that he hasn't yet. He probably just wants it to be special, and is probably more stressed out about it than you!

Happy belated birthday!

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock
I am trying Telephone goodness knows I am trying.

Thanks for the belated birthday wishes. I have a feeling he does want to make it special.
On the flip side of the coin . . .I am ready to move forward with this man. To build a life together . . .

bottom line is I'm 41 he is 36 we have been dating for two years as of the middle of Nov.

Ideas on how to be a healthy lady in waiting welcomed

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know, its hard! Hobbies and other distractions are a good start. Just taking your mind off of it. Spend lots of time on the hangout board here, have a girls night, enjoy the peace - once you're engaged you'll likely spend so much time freaking out, having to tell everyone, planning the wedding, etc. You can also focus on other things sort of related - ie saving money, getting in shape, changing your hair (ie growing it out if you want long hair for your wedding). This is working towards it, but still benefiting you in the meantime.

Ittybittykittykat

Shiny_Rock
Hi
16ocean said:
Sadly the proposing before my birthday didn't happen . . .He isn't feeling well . . .so I'm not going to bring it up right now.

At this point I don't want to spoil my birthday (weekend he he I do love my birthday) so I'm am going to focus on other things. Really trying to take the attitude if it is meant to be it will happen and if it doesn't happen it wasn't meant to be

Hi 16ocean! :wavey: Happy belated birthday!! I hope you're feeling better. It sounds like your boyfriend has the right intentions- making it a very special moment for you but maybe he's going through something right now. Men hide their issues much better than women at least in my case.

I'm sure you will no longer be a LIW in a few weeks, right now it's time to fill up your schedule & keep as busy as possible.

Take on more responsibilities at work, spend time at the gym, take up a new hobby. Focus on yourself maybe take a yoga class.

Try not to worry too much (I know it's tough!) the moment will come when you least expect it! You've waited two years you can handle another month or so. ;))

We're cheering you on!!

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the responses and birthday wishes telephone89 and Ittybittykittycat . . .

your comments and positive thoughts actually made me feel quite a bit better

SO
Since my last post what have I been doing (other than working full time) to take my mind off my relationship status w/ my boyfriend and let’s face it my aging ovaries:
  • did do some early morning hiking with a meet up group,
    a weekend work out when that is not happing,
    you are going to laugh but I am totally cleaning my little apartment -up- (might as well be organized)
    did check out 5 books at the library to get cracking on
    went to my goddaughters soccer game
    made some appointments for acupuncture and facials
    have two 5Ks coming up
    and
    checking in on Pricescope
Currently the boyfriend is in a period of working abt 30 days in a row(he has two side projects to finish as well as his full time job) . . . so I am lovingly giving him space . . .

I think a lunch out / shopping with my mom before Thanksgiving might be fun!
And I like the idea of a yoga class

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow awesome! Two 5ks, that's foreign territory to me haha. But good for you! I'm guessing you live somewhere warm because we already got our first snow.

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock
good guess . . . yup SoCal

a little rain sends us in a tissy.
Well only going to do 1 5K now . . . . going to go on a rode trip over Thanksgiving weekend.
Tonight dinner w/ a dear friend
and
tmr Two year anniversary w/ dear BF we are celebrating w/ brunch!

Ittybittykittykat

Shiny_Rock
:wavey: Sounds like you're keeping busy! Good luck with the 5K. I can't imagine running one.. then again I can't really imagine running more than a few blocks. :twirl:
Happy Anniversary!

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Ittybittykittykat. I started first by walking 5ks and then jogging. It will be on the first Sat of Dec. so will let you know how I do. Often 5ks have such a community event feel . . . check on out if you are interested.

Haven't been running much recently only abt a mile. So will do a two two milers when I get back from the road trip.

Ittybittykittykat

Shiny_Rock
I can't believe it's practically December this year is flying by! I will look into doing a walk/runathon when the weather gets warmer. I'm not a fan of the cold.... yet I love snowboarding... :wacko:

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock
Ittybittykittykat|1448300489|3953158 said:
I can't believe it's practically December this year is flying by!
tell me abt it!
What do you do to stay warm when you snowboard?

Ittybittykittykat

Shiny_Rock

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, those are totally cute!
No not really . . . I tried tried to like downhill skiing in my 20's but for the cost of traveling to somewhere cold, lodging, lift tickets, and equipment rental I would rather go scuba diving in a warm water area or save for a while and travel outside of the US.

I do hike though in cold and cool places. I think my go to to stay warm is smart-wool long johns . . . .

I didn't grow up doing winter sports and frankly falling hurts and scares me. :oops:

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock
heading out of town for the long Thanksgiving weekend w/ the boyfriend . . . . some pricescope dust is always appreciated . . . :naughty:

Ittybittykittykat

Shiny_Rock
16ocean said:
heading out of town for the long Thanksgiving weekend w/ the boyfriend . . . . some pricescope dust is always appreciated . . . :naughty:

***LOTS OF DUST***
Have a great Thanksgiving weekend!

Ittybittykittykat

Shiny_Rock
16ocean|1448424789|3953873 said:
Oh, those are totally cute!
No not really . . . I tried tried to like downhill skiing in my 20's but for the cost of traveling to somewhere cold, lodging, lift tickets, and equipment rental I would rather go scuba diving in a warm water area or save for a while and travel outside of the US.

I do hike though in cold and cool places. I think my go to to stay warm is smart-wool long johns . . . .

I didn't grow up doing winter sports and frankly falling hurts and scares me. :oops:

My fear of falling on my face keeps me from being a better boarder... I don't mind falling on anything else... Just not the face! :lol:

We're lucky we have a place upstate 30 mins from a ski resort so it makes traveling easier. We escape upstate almost every weekend depending on our schedules sometimes we get the season passes which come out cheaper and thanks to my SO's obsession with the sport we have too much equipment. He's been snowboarding since he was 10! I just started 3/4 years ago so I'm still a newbie.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
16ocean|1448424896|3953874 said:

Sending dust your way!!

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the dust Ittybittykittykat & mary poppins. No proposal but the weather was amazing and we had a great time. -sigh-

Well this week focus on work, getting my home and heart ready for Christmas and the 5k this weekend.
Hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving.

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock
didn't come in as slow as I thought not under a 30 min 5K (that's always my goal) but

31:51

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results