shape
carat
color
clarity

Found a great setting this weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

GGLW

Shiny_Rock
Hi Ladies,

Just wanted to let you know the good news that my BF and I went shopping this weekend and found a beautiful setting that I love.

Prior to this I had wanted a range of everything under the sun from an asscher with a halo, a round solitaire, a round with pave sides, etc, etc, etc.....but could never settle on anything because I wasn''t 100% in love with any of them, nor was I sure they were "me".

I have always loved emerald cuts, but was having a hard time finding a setting that I loved that would also go well with a wedding band that didn''t curve or have a notch in it, so I had almost given up on the EC. That was until I finally found the perfect setting this weekend.

Both my BF and I think it suits me perfectly as it is a little more understated than a lot of the crazy bling I kept trying on. While I love bling for going out and such, I am a bit more low-key on most days, so I figured something that was still elegant but not as flashy would be perfect.

I''m hoping to pair it with a channel set half or three quarter eternity wedding band set with tiny rounds. I tried on something like this at the jewelers and it looked very nice together. Just the right combo of sparkle and subtlety.

Here''s a picture of a similar setting that was made for a square radiant cut. The setting I want is very similar but it has more of a rectangular hole so as to fit an east-west EC.

I hope it shows up as this is the first pic I''ve tried to post. We''ll see...

EW_similar_to_EC_setting.jpg

GGLW

Shiny_Rock
Also wanted to add that even though it looks like the band (looks matte) and the bezel (looks polished) are two different colors in the picture, the entire ring is polished, not matte.

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Yay for finding the ring you love! So is this going to be the one? Or is your BF just taking it into account that this is the one you love and then surprise you? It''s a beautiful ring!
36.gif

GGLW

Shiny_Rock
Well, I sure hope this is going to be the one! It''s the ony one I''ve been really sure I liked everything about it.

Now we just need to find a stone and then I get to wait until BF surprises me with some sort of proposal...

Basically he gets flustered by all the numbers and researching and he just wants to get me exactly what I want. So, it''s kind of up to me to pick out exactly what I want and then leave the element of surprise for the proposal. I think in some ways we all secretly want the BF to know exactly what we want and pick it out all by himself and surprise us, but since I didn''t even know what I wanted for sure, it was hard for him to be psychic.

In any case, I had no idea we''d even find anything that was a sure thing when we went looking this weekend, so it was a really pleasant surprise that we made that much progress on that front.

He said he was ready to buy the setting that day
36.gif
but we have to wait until we get a stone because I guess each setting is made to accomodate the individual shape and size of the stone.

So, now the difficult task of finding the perfect EC. It is not easy. I''m trying to solicit help over in Rocky Talky, but with ECs it''s pretty much a given that you need to see it before you buy it, so it may take a while to find a nice stone.

Anyway, I''m excited that the ring could be completed sometime maybe even girl-soon if we find the right stone. Who knows how long it will be after that before he proposes..

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!
36.gif
Looks like you''re going to have a short stay on the list!!
9.gif
I can''t wait to see the rock!!

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Love, love, love the setting!!!!!
30.gif
Please keep us posted.

nytemist

Brilliant_Rock
Wow- that setting is gorgeous. It going to fabulous with an emerald stone. Congratulations!

Must have been something in the air this weekend!!
31.gif

GGLW

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/23/2006 7:00:33 PM
Author: anchor31
Congrats!!
36.gif
Looks like you''re going to have a short stay on the list!!
9.gif
I can''t wait to see the rock!!
Well, anchor, not sure how short the stay will be, though I hope you are right! I''m totally not sure about this, but I have a feeling BF will wait until May, when we are going to Europe, since last summer when we first talked abou the trip he had mentioned he thought it would be a romantic place to propose.

So, even if we finish the ring sooner, which I sure hope we do, it may be a wait until at least May...

In any case, thanks to everyone for your good wishes! It does seem like ring shopping fever is going around with Nytemist and Amber and others going shopping and actually finding the one!
36.gif

lucious librarian

Rough_Rock
Congrats to you GGLW! Simple can be so elegant and chic!

It is funny how guys think alike. My guy -M also has mentioned with a big grin on his face
9.gif
, that he thinks perhaps the best time to pop the question would be while frolicking about on vacation (We are thinking all-inclusive in the Caribbean around September, which is really close to my b-day) Perhaps your guy will do the same
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results