shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement Chicken

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NicaK

Rough_Rock
Trade
So I made my boyfriend engagement chicken for Valentine''s Day and he has requested that I make it again. Of course he doesn''t know that it''s "engagement chicken" but tonight he talked about how great it was. I told him that I would make it for him next Sunday. Maybe it will work this time
2.gif
Even if it doesn''t work I''ll cherish the fact that he loves my cooking!

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Does it taste really really lemony?

I want to make this as it sounds yum and so many women here rave about it but my bf has previously said "I hate lemon chicken"....I assume this means lemon chicken stir fry but still, it has really put me off.

So is it "mmmmm, thats really good" or "mmmmm, lemony" ?

lilmissrugger

Shiny_Rock
could it be, "mmmmmm, that''s really lemony good?"

*chicken dust!!!*

Bwahahahhaaa....I cracked up so hard typing that...I think the four hours of sleep is starting to get to me

But *dust!!!* for real!

NicaK

Rough_Rock
Trade
I used a lemon pepper seasoning on it so it wasn''t too lemony (I know that''s not a word). I thought that it was really good. I think that it''s a great recipe for anytime. I''m considering using boneless chicken breast(that''s his favorite). I''m just happy to cook for him. He doesn''t get a lot of home cooked meals.

lilmissrugger

Shiny_Rock
Aw, that''s sweet!

Now, where exactly could a woman find this special e-chicken recipe?

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
I didn''t think it was lemony at all. It''s very very subtle. The other flavours should be much stronger.

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/22/2009 2:46:39 AM
Author: lilmissrugger
Aw, that''s sweet!

Now, where exactly could a woman find this special e-chicken recipe?
Adapted from Marcella Hazan''s More Classic Italian Cooking
• 1 whole chicken (approx. 3 lb.)
• 2 medium lemons
• Fresh lemon juice (1/2 cup)
• Kosher or sea salt
• Ground black pepper
Place rack in upper third of oven and preheat to 450 degrees. Wash chicken inside and out with cold water, remove the giblets, then let the chicken drain, cavity down, in a colander until it reaches room temp (about 15 minutes). Pat dry with paper towels. Pour lemon juice all over the chicken (inside and outside). Season with salt and pepper. Prick the whole lemons three times with a fork and place deep inside the cavity. (Tip: If lemons are hard, roll on countertop with your palm to get juices flowing.) Place the bird breast-side down on a rack in a roasting pan, lower heat to 400 degrees and bake uncovered for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and turn it breast-side up (use wooden spoons!); return it to oven for 35 minutes more. Test for doneness—a meat thermometer inserted in the thigh should read 180 degrees, or juices should run clear when chicken is pricked with a fork. Continue baking if necessary. Let chicken cool for a few minutes before carving. Serve with juices.

lilmissrugger

Shiny_Rock
Oh my god, that sounds amazing! And my FF is the one who always cooks, so I''ll definitely have to try it!

Thank you so much!

ShellyK48

Rough_Rock
Wow that sounds great. I love lemons and so does he. I think I''ll make this soon as our 1 year anniversary is July 11th.

Thanks!!

Bjedifish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
yum! good luck! Dust!

LilyKat

Brilliant_Rock
I made it recently for a friend (as a trial run - you never know when you might need it for real
2.gif
) and it was AMAZING. I made it with roast potatoes and asparagus, and made a sauce (really easy - just pour the juices from the roast into a saucepan, at 250ml of chicken stock - one cube is fine - and a tablespoon of flour, and stir). I melted butter and mixed it with the lemon juice before pouring it all over the chicken and underneath the skin. It was really simple.

Heck, I wanted to marry me afterwards.

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/22/2009 1:13:32 PM
Author: lilmissrugger
Oh my god, that sounds amazing! And my FF is the one who always cooks, so I''ll definitely have to try it!

Thank you so much!
No problem.
2.gif

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/22/2009 5:29:31 PM
Author: LilyKat
I made it recently for a friend (as a trial run - you never know when you might need it for real
2.gif
) and it was AMAZING. I made it with roast potatoes and asparagus, and made a sauce (really easy - just pour the juices from the roast into a saucepan, at 250ml of chicken stock - one cube is fine - and a tablespoon of flour, and stir). I melted butter and mixed it with the lemon juice before pouring it all over the chicken and underneath the skin. It was really simple.

Heck, I wanted to marry me afterwards.
LOL
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results