shape
carat
color
clarity

ENGAGED!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
Well ladies-after 4.5 years together-my FIANCE proposed tonight!!!! I had an inkling but wasn''t getting my hopes up (since we all know what happens when we LIW do that)...

We were going to dinner and I had gotten to his house and changed. He decided we should have some wine so we did and I stepped into his kitchen-all the sudden he says "I have something for you" and pulls out a hand painted wine glass with engagement rings all over it that I had eyed about a week ago. I stared at it and him with my mouth wide open...he said stuff I can''t remember and got down on his knee and took the ring out of his pocket!!! Then we went out to dinner but neither of us could eat we were so excited!!!

It was soooo cute-he was Soooo nervous-I have never seen him like that EVER.

The ring is GORGEOUS!!! I will post pictures tomorrow but it is EXACTLY what I wanted-RB center stone with 4 RB small stones on each side. IT''S PERFECT!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! That sounds like a really fun and thoughtful proposal, and so cute that he was nervous!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats! Can''t wait for pics!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
Yay! Congratulations on your engagement, and so glad you got your dream ring. Can''t wait to see pics!!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! Looking forward to seeing pics!

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks ladies!! I woke up early and put my ring on because I still can''t believe it!! I''m going to try and attach photos but last time I had problems so it might take me a while. I took some by the window but I''ll take more outside today! Excuse the nails-I didn''t have time for a magic mani
1.gif

ering62808.jpg

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
Now for the goods-

Center is RB 1.6 carats
total carat weight is around 2 (I think)

I saw the GIA cert so here is what I remember

G color
SI1
Crown: 60%
Table: 60% (I think)
no flourescence
white gold setting

It''s definitely my dream ring!!! FI has one of my wedding bands already, it has 10 matching small diamonds and sits flush. He''s ordering my other one because I get 2!
9.gif
I''m so excited and I cannot believe this really happened!!!
36.gif

smiles

Shiny_Rock
big congrats!! I can tell how happy you are!!!! The ring is beautiful!!! Best Wishes!!
36.gif
36.gif

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
ETA: I can''t find the edit button-but I am not totally fluent in diamond speak and don''t think crown and table were the terms I meant to post-but hopefully someone more experienced knows what I mean :)

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement! Your ring is stunning... More pics please!!

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
your ring is beautiful! im so glad you got the ring of your dreams!! congrats once again on your engagement!!!!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on both accounts :) your ring is beautiful :)

lovesparklies

Shiny_Rock
Yay! Congratulations and I love your ring (it looks very similar to mine)! I love seeing new engagement stories on Sunday mornings!
36.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!!! The ring, the story, and your fiance (!!!) are perfect!!!

I''m very happy for you! I''ve heard the day after is one of the most exciting days! Enjoy it
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks ladies! I''ll get more pictures today outside and at the Cubs/Sox game tonight :)

Booper717

Shiny_Rock
CONGRATS!! That''s a sweet story and a very beautiful ring to go with it!!

Lucky girl!!!

36.gif

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! It all sounds so sweet & I''m happy you got your dream ring!

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
Awww, what a cute story! Congrats, so excited for you
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

That ring is amazing, so much sparkle :) Enjoy the glow!

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks to everyone for the fabulous comments!! I am still on cloud 9!!

I PROMISE to post more pictures tomorrow-I have had a LONG weekend and I have a huge presentation in grad class tomorrow-I need beauty sleep...Hopefully it will be sunny tomorrow so I can get some outdoor shots-it was a little gloomy today.

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
Oh goodness, your ring is flippin'' gorgeous!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I love my colored stone to death, but your diamond and setting are definitely what I''d want if I''d chosen a diamond [in my dreams, of course- my budget would have thought differently!] Sorry if I missed it, but who made the setting?

I am glad you got your dream setting and such a great Fi to go with it.
2.gif
Can''t wait for more pics!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results