shape
carat
color
clarity

Did you get *him* an e-ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Brittany

Rough_Rock
I got him an e-ring in titanium over the ''net for about $60. I had it engraved.

I don''t see why they shouldn''t have a ring... we should be able to stake claim as well!!

Brit

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Brittany,

That''s a cute idea. I was planning on getting my bf an engagement present when it comes time, but a ring is nice. I just figured he would have a wedding band later, so that will have to be sufficiant for him.

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
I think its a nice idea and have considered it myself, as my BF needs to get used to wearing a ring anyway
1.gif
and there are so many cool titanium styles.
I also love the idea of a watch with an engraved sentiment and my BF seemed to be into that idea.

BTW...my ex-husband always said that since girls get an e-ring the guys should get a powerboat for their 1-year anniversary..needless to say, there was no boat
3.gif

Erin

Ideal_Rock
2.gif
Last year for our 3 year ann. (5 months after he bought the e-ring) I gave him a nice watch. Okay, so I was hoping it would prompt him to ''exchange'' gifts but alas, I still don''t have my ring. Now he gets nothing!
2.gif

blue_chica

Shiny_Rock
I got J a watch, didn''t get it engraved prior to giving, in case he hated it, but am going to do so now. I pondered a ring, but figured he wouldn''t want to wear two, so waited for the wedding ring. For me it was important to do something for him, something new and pretty he could wear.

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
Prior to Pricescope, I had not heard of a gift for him. However, I like the sentimental idea of it. I''ve decided to get him a watch. It''s something he will wear often & a special rememberance of the day he will ask me to marry him & I say yes! Since we''re both practical, it''s fitting.

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
I like the idea of giving an engagement gift, but I am clueless as to what to get. My b/f has never worn a ring in his entire life, and I don''t think he''d want to wear a male e-ring. Plus, we work with a lot of nosy people who would probably spread a rumor that we had eloped if they saw him wearing a ring. It would just be such a hassle to dispel a rumor like that.
20.gif

He bought a new watch last year which he LOVES, so that idea would be out.

Wait, what do you think about a ring on a chain/necklace?

BLINGQUEEN

Shiny_Rock
My FH wanted one so this past Christmas I got him a two-tone ring w/invisable set princess cuts. It kind of matches my ering.

Shay

Shiny_Rock
Blingqueen that sounds gorgeous! Can you post a pic of your mans ring for us please?
1.gif

Nihiladrem

Rough_Rock
I don't know if many guys feel the same way I do (I imagine they don't), but I have always been a little jealous that the girl gets to wear the e-ring. The guy is making a commintment as well and I for one wouldn't mind showing it.

I also love wearing rings so that, i am sure, is part of it.

I think a simple Ti band with an engraving or some type of inlayed design would probably work and then if he didn't want to wear two rings later he could move it to his right hand.

*Edited to add* Esperanza this is not a hint just so you know.

BLINGQUEEN

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/11/2005 1:39:43 AM
Author: Shay
Blingqueen that sounds gorgeous! Can you post a pic of your mans ring for us please?
1.gif
If and when I ever get a decent camera I will. My hunk of junk camera isn''t worth a crap right now.
7.gif

yellowfan

Brilliant_Rock
I didn''t buy an e-ring, instead a engraved money clip and for a wedding gift, a cherrywood jewelry box with a inlaid silver plate engraved with name and wedding date and a sappy sentimental saying!!!

dobie

Rough_Rock
I''m a guy. I think we should get diamond rings too. I would like something similar to a school ring but with a diamond. Or a very big diamond one like those pro football/hockey players get for winning the championship.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Hmm. I disagree about diamond rings for guys. FI and I went to try on wedding bands yesterday. Diamond ones just looked ridicilous on him. He is a very thick, athletic guy.. I like titanium though, athough there were none to try on at our jeweler.
If you get him an e-ring how is distinguished from a wedding band?

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
I gave my bf a sterling silver signet ring--just a very simple slightly tapered band with his initials--for our 2nd Christmas together and he''s worn it on his right hand ever since. (His mom gave his dad a gold signet ring as an e-present back in the day and I kind of borrowed the idea.) Of course, now he''s been wearing that ring for over 7 years since that Christmas! But he loves it and I love that he still wears it.

As far as an e-present, I did something a little funky. It''s small and more sentimental--I can''t afford the e-tv or e-watch unfortunately-- he will always have more money than I and I wanted to pick something meaningful (although if I won the lottery and got him a flatscreen, beLIEVE me, that''d be meaningful in his book!!!) Anyway, when we first started dating he would say "elephant chew" instead of I love you. (He''d been on a trip to Kenya, elephants, blahblah--silly new-in-love stuff.) It still comes up periodically when he''s being cute. He''s also gotten very into Eastern/Asian thought and decor in the last few years. Since an elephant also represents Ganesha--the Indian god who is the remover of obstacles--I thought it''d be nice to get him some small token that represented both of those things--the love that started all those years ago, and *ahem* the removal of whatever obstacles stand in our way as a couple, starting our lives, etc. Hope he likes it!! (Hope I get to give it to him before we''re 40!!)

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
bf and I talked about this (since we are going to pick out the ring TOMORROW....AHHH!!!!), and he actually wears a small earring in one ear. I think its the metrosexual gene coming through, which is funny because he''s very masculine about a lot of other stuff. He doesn''t wear watches, and didn''t want a ring other than the w ring, and so we have tentatively decided to get him a small platinum ring-shaped earring that he can wear all the time. It won''t be very expensive (compared to things like a flat-screen TV or the car he wants...) but it will be special and something he can wear.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
That''s really thoughtful - I love presents like that!!!!! Good job with that one, girl!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Thanks
5.gif

I realized I didn't say what I actually got--duh. It's a hand-carved Japanese boxwood netsuke of an elephant--netuskes were these sort of toggles thathung from belts during the late Tokugawa period. I looked for an actual Ganesha statue or one in Jade and this was the one I really liked. It's VERY small--could be carried in a pocket for luck or whatever. This isn't a pic of the actual one but it's similar. (Yay e-bay!)

(better definition: "Netsuke served both functional and aesthetic purposes. The tradtional Japanese dress, the kimono had no pockets. The robes were hung together by a broad sash (obi), so items that were needed to be carried were held on a cord tucked under the sash. The hanging objects (sagemono) were secured with carved toggles (netsuke). A sliding bead (ojime) was strung on the cord between the netsuke and the sagemono to tighten or loosen the opening of the sagemono.The best known accessory was the inro, a small box used by the wealthy for carrying medicines and seals. Netsuke were also used to secure purses, and were widely used to hold the tobacco pouches that became almost universal with the introduction of smoking in Japan.")

Sorry to threadjack!!!

elejapnets.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results