shape
carat
color
clarity

Boo!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bobbin

Shiny_Rock
Well SO and I had booked to go away for a few days over our anniversary on the 17th December.

Today he finds out about an animation course run by Pixar in Brisbane that his work will subsidise. He said that it was over the 16th and 17th, but he wasn''t sure if it was November or December. he said he hoped it was November otherwise he wouldn''t be able to go, as he wanted to be with me.

Then a few hours later, he finds out it is December, and says he is sorry, but he wants to go and can we move the holiday. He said he will be back on the 17th. He did this by email, and I just wrote back saying I didn''t want to answer him then
39.gif

I have been looking forward to this holiday for sooo long. It was going to be the first time we had gone away together JUST for a holiday, it would have been a relaxing few days leading up to our anni and then a nice day after before coming home. Plus, this will be the first time we could spend our anniversary together as I have always had to work it (and couldn''t get out of work). The way he wants it, I will be waking up to an empty bed on our anniversary, and spending the night before alone at home, which I hate
7.gif

I am so disappointed, but I am not going to be a b***h and tell him he can''t go. I am just going to say to him that he has to make up his mind about whether he will go, and that yes, we can possible move our holiday back so it starts on the 17th, but it will be a lot more rushed and not as nice, plus it means we will be home a maximum of two days before having to go away again for christmas with his family.

I know he will be feeling guilty about this, and well, all I can say is that it is my birthday next week, and he better make it up to me!
31.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry you''re disappointed bobbin. Keep us updated on what you guys end up doing.

I know what you mean about being disappointed, but I''m sure he''ll make it up to you somehow.
2.gif

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
I would probably do what you said, but I do want to point out that men rarely see things the way we women do. If you let him off the hook, he will probably think it''s somehow not that big of a deal. Guys seem to take these things for granted, and they are surprised at misunderstandings about them. I''m just saying... good luck!

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
I understand where you are coming from but it does sound like a great opportunity for him- talk to him and tell him how you feel, but keep in mind that his animation course isn''t something that can be rescheduled unlike your holiday
1.gif

bobbin

Shiny_Rock
He came home with flowers for me. He has never. ever. bought me flowers. I was a bit mean, I laughed at him a little. I was like, you have never bought me flowers, and the first time you do, it is because you think I am angry with you? But he meant it to be a nice thing, and I liked it. Meant that I was fine with him, but I have told him that he needs to make it up to me.

Oh, and he told me that the course on the 16th/17th is in Melbourne, but there is one in Brisbane as well, which he could go to, which will most likely be on different dates. Why didn''t he tell me this before!!! So it is still up in the air whether or not we will have to reschedule. I wouldn''t ever have stopped him going though, but I still had the right to be annoyed by it!

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/23/2008 6:55:00 AM
Author: bobbin
He came home with flowers for me. He has never. ever. bought me flowers. I was a bit mean, I laughed at him a little. I was like, you have never bought me flowers, and the first time you do, it is because you think I am angry with you? But he meant it to be a nice thing, and I liked it. Meant that I was fine with him, but I have told him that he needs to make it up to me.

Oh, and he told me that the course on the 16th/17th is in Melbourne, but there is one in Brisbane as well, which he could go to, which will most likely be on different dates. Why didn''t he tell me this before!!! So it is still up in the air whether or not we will have to reschedule. I wouldn''t ever have stopped him going though, but I still had the right to be annoyed by it!

Haha he probably thought he WAS making it up to you by buying you flowers!!

at least that''s how my guy would think...
20.gif

well I''m sure it''ll work out either way for you - hope he doesn''t have to go! good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results