shape
carat
color
clarity

Ashlee Simpson Pregnant and Engaged

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
Obviously I don''t know if it was planned or not, but what is with celebs constantly getting pregnant before they are married? Hello BIRTH CONTROL???? Do they think they are immune from it or are they just stupid?
38.gif

jitterymo

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/16/2008 11:20:47 PM
Author: Blair138
Obviously I don''t know if it was planned or not, but what is with celebs constantly getting pregnant before they are married? Hello BIRTH CONTROL???? Do they think they are immune from it or are they just stupid?
38.gif

I think they are just stupid!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
I second the stupid remark. They must have hired someone else to take their birth control for them. Ha ha ha!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2008 11:01:50 PM
Author: LegacyGirl
Ugh what is with the baby craze in Hollywood?
It''s the new "Look at my teeny tiny teacup puppy" craze.
40.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Obviously I don't know if it was planned or not, but what is with celebs constantly getting pregnant before they are married? Hello BIRTH CONTROL???? Do they think they are immune from it or are they just stupid?
38.gif
I think a lot of them just aren't worried about it. The stigma against unwed mothers has all but disappeared out here... so what's the "worst" possible outcome to not taking birth control? Spending a percentage of their inflated incomes on childcare for a baby.

Meh.

It's brought on by the industry catering more to actors with children, which has been a change in recent years after unions began requiring child care, etc., to be provided on-set. That's a very good thing in most ways, and instead of 'retiring' to have children like they used to, actors just keep on working while they have their families. It's reduced "turnover" in the industry, which is a good thing for those who are established (and not so great for those trying to break in).

Anyway, now that the Julia Robertses and Angelina Jolies of the world can pop out a kid and still make a couple movies in the same year, actors aren't having to choose between their families for their careers the way they used to. Actors aren't having more kids, they're doing it at the same rate that celebrities always have (and the general population for that matter--does it REALLY seem like more people are having babies in Hollywood than in the rest of the country??), they're just remaining in the spotlight while doing so (instead of moving to Idaho to raise their children, disappearing from public view, a la Demi Moore).

That's my theory, anyway. (Among others involving the government/media's "family" push
20.gif
, putting more attention on the celebs who DO have kids and therefore we get the impression that more of them are doing it.)

ETA: Part of it, too, is that publicists are making no secret of their clients' pregnancies. Twenty years ago these Ashlees and Jamie Lynns would have "decided to refocus on their studies and take a break from performing." The public would be none the wiser and they'd fade out of view. I think that publicists realize that they can't get away with that anymore, so they're embracing it, instead.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
I had the same reaction (ugh!). These celebs are pretty stupid and the worst role models. I think they really just enjoy the attention and this gives them some. They look and see their "peers'' doing it and want to also be on the cover of In Touch. Sad..just look at Britney. She wanted babies at 22....look at where that got her. She was SOOO sure she just wanted to be a mother. I''m not saying anything about her age, just the lack of maturity and poor decision process..that leads exactly where we expect it to.

As for the Simpsons..aren''t they hypocritical?? Their dad''s a preacher who wanted them to wait till marriage! Now one''s divorced, dating all kinds of guys and coming down with kidney infections. The other is 23, preggers and unwed. Nice! Any guesses one how long before Miley follows suit (sorry, my cynicism is really rearing it''s ugly head!
emwink.gif
)

lxb87

Rough_Rock
I''m glad to read the responses to this. Here I was thinking I was the last person on earth who frowned upon this. It doesn''t seem to phase anyone anymore! My aunt had a child out of wedlock when she was 42 and that was very taboo for my family. My grandmother still hasn''t gotten over it.
When these celebs have babies before they''re married it''s setting a bad example for regular girls who think it''s fine for them too, even though they won''t have the resources that the stars do.
20.gif

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock

absolut_blonde

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/17/2008 2:06:36 PM
Author: janinegirly
I had the same reaction (ugh!). These celebs are pretty stupid and the worst role models. I think they really just enjoy the attention and this gives them some. They look and see their ''peers'' doing it and want to also be on the cover of In Touch. Sad..just look at Britney. She wanted babies at 22....look at where that got her. She was SOOO sure she just wanted to be a mother. I''m not saying anything about her age, just the lack of maturity and poor decision process..that leads exactly where we expect it to.

As for the Simpsons..aren''t they hypocritical?? Their dad''s a preacher who wanted them to wait till marriage! Now one''s divorced, dating all kinds of guys and coming down with kidney infections. The other is 23, preggers and unwed. Nice! Any guesses one how long before Miley follows suit (sorry, my cynicism is really rearing it''s ugly head!
emwink.gif
)
I''m not a fan of the Simpson family by ANY means., but what does a kidney infection have to do with anything?

jitterymo

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/18/2008 11:45:37 AM
Author: absolut_blonde

I had the same reaction (ugh!). These celebs are pretty stupid and the worst role models. I think they really just enjoy the attention and this gives them some. They look and see their ''peers'' doing it and want to also be on the cover of In Touch. Sad..just look at Britney. She wanted babies at 22....look at where that got her. She was SOOO sure she just wanted to be a mother. I''m not saying anything about her age, just the lack of maturity and poor decision process..that leads exactly where we expect it to.

emwink.gif
)
I''m not a fan of the Simpson family by ANY means., but what does a kidney infection have to do with anything?
You get kidney infections from to much sex...

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2008 12:08:37 PM
Author: jitterymo

HAHAHAHA! you''re joking, right? That is absolutely not true.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
It is a generalization. Kidney Infections often are the result of UTI''s that have spread to the kidneys (when they are not taken care of). There are many causes for UTI, but one of the most common is frequent sex or sometimes not washing up after (depending on the physiology--every girl is different and some are more prone). I''ve had 2 recent UTI''s that were due to pregnancy, and believe me not much sex going on, so of course it''s not always the case. But it''s not a stretch to draw that particular conclusion for these Simpson girls.

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/18/2008 12:36:57 PM
Author: icekid

HAHAHAHA! you''re joking, right? That is absolutely not true.
ROFL!!!

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/17/2008 1:54:19 PM
Author: musey

38.gif
I think a lot of them just aren''t worried about it. The stigma against unwed mothers has all but disappeared out here... so what''s the ''worst'' possible outcome to not taking birth control? Spending a percentage of their inflated incomes on childcare for a baby.

Meh.

It''s brought on by the industry catering more to actors with children, which has been a change in recent years after unions began requiring child care, etc., to be provided on-set. That''s a very good thing in most ways, and instead of ''retiring'' to have children like they used to, actors just keep on working while they have their families. It''s reduced ''turnover'' in the industry, which is a good thing for those who are established (and not so great for those trying to break in).

Anyway, now that the Julia Robertses and Angelina Jolies of the world can pop out a kid and still make a couple movies in the same year, actors aren''t having to choose between their families for their careers the way they used to. Actors aren''t having more kids, they''re doing it at the same rate that celebrities always have (and the general population for that matter--does it REALLY seem like more people are having babies in Hollywood than in the rest of the country??), they''re just remaining in the spotlight while doing so (instead of moving to Idaho to raise their children, disappearing from public view, a la Demi Moore).

That''s my theory, anyway. (Among others involving the government/media''s ''family'' push
20.gif
, putting more attention on the celebs who DO have kids and therefore we get the impression that more of them are doing it.)

ETA: Part of it, too, is that publicists are making no secret of their clients'' pregnancies. Twenty years ago these Ashlees and Jamie Lynns would have ''decided to refocus on their studies and take a break from performing.'' The public would be none the wiser and they''d fade out of view. I think that publicists realize that they can''t get away with that anymore, so they''re embracing it, instead.
Well it''s a good theory.

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
38.gif

Well in other news some stupid pregnant wench that knows a friend of a friend saw me the other day and said congrats on the baby to me. WTF??? I was like what are you talking about.. she said she heard I was engaged so she just assumed I was preggers... then I had to be the b*tch and go "No honey I''m not pregnant. I was always brought up believe babies come after marriage."

She got knocked up from a one nighter and has no idea who the father is... I think she was just trying to make herself feel better
20.gif

absolut_blonde

Brilliant_Rock

emwink.gif
)
That''s not always the case-- not even remotely. When I was six years old, I had a kidney infection so severe that I was hospitalized. They can be caused by a number of things, many of which have nothing to do with sex.

Besides, even if that were the cause, so what? She has a boyfriend, does she not? Is it the sex you take issue with or the ''too much sex''? Sorry, but the judgey tone of your post rubbed me the wrong way.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2008 1:08:04 PM
Well it''s a good theory.
I guess the inside track makes for better theorizing
3.gif

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2008 1:19:33 PM

emwink.gif
)

That''s not always the case-- not even remotely. When I was six years old, I had a kidney infection so severe that I was hospitalized. They can be caused by a number of things, many of which have nothing to do with sex.

Besides, even if that were the cause, so what? She has a boyfriend, does she not? Is it the sex you take issue with or the ''too much sex''? Sorry, but the judgey tone of your post rubbed me the wrong way.

Oy vey. ONE common way of getting a kidney infection is from a UTI (urinary tract infection) that''s not treated properly or seasonably. UTIs often result from first-time sex or frequent sex (as in Honeymoon cystitis - so named for the tendency for people to have lots of sex in a short period of time & develop UTIs from it). Although, of course, UTIs and kidney infection have many other causes. And, of course, people can get UTIs from monogamous sex, too. And i''m not sure who gets to decide how much is too much!!
2.gif

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Wow, no one cares about THE RING? I really couldn't care less about these broads. And one would think that at least one person taught them about the benefits of cranberry juice, there is no need to get a UTI because of sex. Drink a full glass afterwards and be happy. And for crying out loud, if they let a UTI go so long that they keep getting kidney infections, they should be dead already.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
absolut-you are taking this way too personally. The point is there is a link and my other point is that the simpsons are a bit hypocritical. IT's well known their dad was a preacher who encouraged his daughters to wait till marriage to have sex. My point was it didn't exactly turn out so well. You asked about the connection b/ween kidney infection and my comment and I tried to explain. This thread in general is meant to be light.

anyway, PP is right that it is ONE cause of kidney infection. If freq sex was the cause of my recent one, I'd be happy. Sadly it's just another side effect of pregnancy.

absolut_blonde

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/18/2008 4:17:36 PM
absolut-you are taking this way too personally. The point is there is a link and my other point is that the simpsons are a bit hypocritical. IT's well known their dad was a preacher who encouraged his daughters to wait till marriage to have sex. My point was it didn't exactly turn out so well. You asked about the connection b/ween kidney infection and my comment and I tried to explain. This thread in general is meant to be light.

anyway, PP is right that it is ONE cause of kidney infection. If freq sex was the cause of my recent one, I'd be happy. Sadly it's just another side effect of pregnancy.
I'm aware that it's one cause -- one cause of many, which is why I thought it was a strange connection to draw. It just stuck me as an odd thing to bring up. Her kidney reflection really has nothing to do with anything, who knows what the cause was and who cares really.

Again, I'm no fan of them for a number of reasons (lack of talent being the primary one); I just don't think you should bring health issues into that.

I did look online to see if I could find a pic of Ashlee's ring but no luck so far. I've seen pictures of her wearing it, but you can't get a good look at the ring itself. Dammit!

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/18/2008 8:39:18 AM
Author: MoonWater
Who cares that she's pregnant?? Her engagement ring is purdy!! Ashlee's Engagement Ring
WOW WOW WOW!!!! All i could ever find was a pic of her diamond eternity band 'promise ring', this thing is a boulder!!!! I love halos and this one is tasty! Is that a square radiant or a cushion? can't tell......

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2008 7:23:24 PM

I did look online to see if I could find a pic of Ashlee's ring but no luck so far. I've seen pictures of her wearing it, but you can't get a good look at the ring itself. Dammit!
Well, you needn't look far--moonwater posted a link to it in this very thread over 10 hours ago. (scroll up a bit)

It's also been up in the celeb rings thread since yesterday.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2008 7:50:40 PM
Author: DMBsGirl
Date: 4/18/2008 8:39:18 AM
Author: MoonWater

Who cares that she''s pregnant?? Her engagement ring is purdy!! Ashlee''s Engagement Ring
WOW WOW WOW!!!! All i could ever find was a pic of her diamond eternity band ''promise ring'', this thing is a boulder!!!! I love halos and this one is tasty! Is that a square radiant or a cushion? can''t tell......
Over in the updated celebrity rings thread, speculation is pointing toward asscher, actually. You can see steps in there, imo!

AshleeER00.jpg

ashengaged2.jpg

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Oooh it does look like an assher! YUMMIE!!

absolut_blonde

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! NICE bling. I''m not a fan of her taste/style in general, but someone (her and/or the fiancee) got that one right. Likey!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results