shape
carat
color
clarity

another one off the list!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LabRatPhD

Shiny_Rock
Hi ladies! I am engaged!

Actually, I have been engaged since June!
20.gif
I have been dealing with some major drama at school (I am in a PhD program). I had to change labs because my former adviser was a major jerk. Long story short, it was a huge stress on me to find a new lab, find funding for the semester, and hit the ground running with my new project. It has been a tough few months but I have finally settled in and have a little time to make this post! My FI has been so supportive through everything and we are excited that now we can finally start planning our wedding!

The proposal was sweet and totally unexpected. We went for a hike on a Saturday morning with our two dogs. It was hot (gross Texas heat!) and we finally made it up to a high lookout point on the hike. E said he wanted to take a break so we put our backpacks down and rested. The dogs were going crazy so FI ended up tying their leashes to a picnic table. I thought nothing of it and was looking at the view from the point. E was behind me and tapped me on the shoulder. I turned around and before I knew it, FI was down on one knee! He said something (I don''t even remember because I was in shock!) about this maybe not being the most romantic way, but he wanted to surprise me and he didn''t want to wait any longer. He then asked me to marry him! I was so shocked that I didn''t cry or anything! I think I said "yes" about 5 times.

I knew he was going to propose at some point this summer, but I had no idea it would be then and there. It was wonderful because it was private and our dogs were there.
9.gif

The ring (as some of you may know) is a 2.03 ct (H, VS1) 6-prong solitaire from Tiffany and Co.
30.gif
My ring size is 2.5 (kiddie hands!) for reference.

Sorry for the lousy iPhone pictures. I took some real camera pictures but need FI to upload them.

labratbling1.JPG

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Aww, sweet proposal! Sorry that things have been rough for you lately, but it''s good that they''re settling down and you can relax a bit and enjoy your engagement! Beautiful ring (and hands)! Congrats!
36.gif

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
The proposal was sweet and totally unexpected. We went for a hike on a Saturday morning with our two dogs. It was hot (gross Texas heat!) and we finally made it up to a high lookout point on the hike. E said he wanted to take a break so we put our backpacks down and rested. The dogs were going crazy so FI ended up tying their leashes to a picnic table. I thought nothing of it and was looking at the view from the point. E was behind me and tapped me on the shoulder. I turned around and before I knew it, FI was down on one knee! He said something (I don''t even remember because I was in shock!) about this maybe not being the most romantic way, but he wanted to surprise me and he didn''t want to wait any longer. He then asked me to marry him! I was so shocked that I didn''t cry or anything! I think I said ''yes'' about 5 times.

I love that he couldn''t wait. That''s just awesome!

Congrats on your engagement!

That is quite a ring, btw.

LabRatPhD

Shiny_Rock
Another...

I will make a separate SMTR thread once FI uploads the quality pics.

Thanks for letting me share!
1.gif

labratbling2.JPG

ringless

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! Beautiful ring..what a rock :)

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Wow...thats a massive rock on those kiddie hands!! Congratulations!!!

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!! Your ring is gorgeous and HUGE!! What I wouldn''t give for a size 2.5 finger!!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!! That''s quite a ring alright! Congratulations!!!
36.gif

Can''t wait to see more pictures of that stunner
30.gif

pluck15

Shiny_Rock
Your hands are so teeny and cute! That ring looks fabulous on your finger!!!
30.gif
Congrats on the surprise proposal!

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!!! What a gorgeous ring! I hope things settle down a bit for you. You need to have some time to enjoy your engagement!
2.gif

Bjedifish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Congratulations!!! Holy good gracious what a rock!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!! That''s a gigantic rock on your finger!! What a sweet proposal!!!

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
That''s an amazing ring
30.gif
30.gif
I can not wait to see more pics
31.gif
Congratulations!!
36.gif
36.gif

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/27/2009 3:57:25 PM
Author: gaby06
30.gif
30.gif
That''s an amazing ring
30.gif
30.gif
I can not wait to see more pics
31.gif
Congratulations!!
36.gif
36.gif
Ditto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
That ring is ginormous!! What a cute proposal too! Yay congrats!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
holy sweet moley!!!!
congrats!!

that is huge!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/27/2009 12:23:42 PM
Author: MagsyMay
Congrats!! Your ring is gorgeous and HUGE!! What I wouldn''t give for a size 2.5 finger!!
Ditto!!!

And SUCH a sweet way to propose! Best of luck with your new lab...I have several friends working on PhDs and I know how rough that can be!!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!! Your ring is absolutely stunning and is huge on your tiny fingers!

Erinleigh

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations, what a gorgeous ring!!!

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Meow
30.gif
that''s a FINE looking ring labrat
9.gif
id been looking forward to seeing the beauty
36.gif

congrats on your engagement, it sounded very special. Im sorry you''ve been through a tough patch but hopefully things will be better now.

Enjoy looking at your gorgeous sparkly, and please post more pics when you can
36.gif
30.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Hey, LabRat! Greetings from another kiddie-handed PSer
35.gif
(my e-ring is a 2.5, too!). The lovely RB looks phenomenal on your hand, and the simple solitaire really shows it off. Congratulations and best wishes to you and your fiance!

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!! Sorry to hear about the drama at school, but I''m very happy to hear about the engagement
1.gif
Love the pics, your ring is a beauty!!

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Hi LabRatPhD,

Best wishes on your engagement! You must be so excited.
Folks at my lab have been doing a mad scramble for funding too, so I''ve seen how stressful it can be.

I''m sure that everything will go realy well for you from now on.

(beautiful ring by the way. You wear it with such elegance!)

cheers,
HD

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Awww he couldn''t wait any longer! That''s sweet!
And look at that finger coverage!!
30.gif

Beautiful!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on the engagement, and that ring is a classic beauty.

Sorry about the work issue, I hope that things will go better with a change in environment.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results