shape
carat
color
clarity

AHHH LSAT next Monday!! (not LIW-related at all)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

suchende

Brilliant_Rock
*gasps frantically for breath*

Anyone have advice? Commiseration?

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
no advice, but lots of DUST!!!!

audball

Ideal_Rock
No advice, not a law student, but *************************Dust for goodluck!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Also no advice but...

Good Luck! *****DUST*****

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Lots of *dust*! Good luck!

Advice: resist the urge to talk to anyone about the exam right afterwards. It''ll make you second-guess yourself, and it''s a long wait for your scores -- the stress isn''t worth it. Distract yourself with something entirely unrelated to the LSAT or law school apps for the duration of those long (is it 6 or 8?) weeks. I''m not kidding; take up knitting, or scrapbooking, or join a book club...the less you think about the results, the less excruciating the wait is.

Also, eat a good, balanced breakfast without too much caffeine, and make sure to pee before the test. I had to take a potty break during the exam and almost didn''t finish a section. Oops.

Reward yourself after the test. Have a beer. Get a massage. Get a pedicure. Do something. You studied hard
1.gif

suchende

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, everyone! I gratefully accept the dust!
emteeth.gif

I have been trying not to cram (been studying a long time, I think I know the material well) so I have been focusing on sleeping well, eating right and going to the gym to try to put myself in a good mental place for the exam.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Good luck! Just don''t stress about it--you''re prepared and I''m sure you''ll do fine!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
oh my...best of luck! that''s a hard one.

I took the GRE which was no picnic, but I don''t know that you can compare it to the LSAT. You''re going to rock it. Make sure you get plenty of sleep and eat a nutricious breakfast.

suchende

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/3/2009 12:05:10 PM
Author: Bia
oh my...best of luck! that''s a hard one.

I took the GRE which was no picnic, but I don''t know that you can compare it to the LSAT. You''re going to rock it. Make sure you get plenty of sleep and eat a nutricious breakfast.
Thanks, Bia. I have taken the GRE before actually, and most decidedly did NOT rock it, lol. I need to do much, much better on this so I can go to a school close to where my BF wants to work once he''s done with LS!

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to wish you good luck! Probably easier said then done, but try not to overanalyze everything after the fact, that''s what SO did even after he got his score and drove both of us nuts
20.gif

suchende

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/3/2009 4:02:13 PM
Author: purselover
Just wanted to wish you good luck! Probably easier said then done, but try not to overanalyze everything after the fact, that''s what SO did even after he got his score and drove both of us nuts
20.gif
Oh man, I am SO GLAD I was not with my boyfriend when he was waiting for his score, I can just imagine: "Should I cancel? should I cancel? I might have botched the third game, I should cancel, huh..."

Except I am sure I''ll be the exact same, lol

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
You''ll do fine! Take your time, bring some snacks, pace yourself and don''t stress! I took it two years ago, and although I didn''t get the best score, I''m going to an amazing law school with incredible opportunities. You''ve studied so hard for this test, so just make this last push!

GOOD LUCK!!! You''ll do great!
35.gif

lilmissrugger

Shiny_Rock
Remember to breathe, and if you are struggling with a question, move on and come back- staring at the same question for five minutes isn''t going to help, and the answer may come to you when you''re working on another question.

*dust!*

suchende

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/3/2009 10:20:41 PM
Author: megumic
You''ll do fine! Take your time, bring some snacks, pace yourself and don''t stress! I took it two years ago, and although I didn''t get the best score, I''m going to an amazing law school with incredible opportunities. You''ve studied so hard for this test, so just make this last push!

GOOD LUCK!!! You''ll do great!
35.gif
thank you, and congrats on getting into a school you love!

suchende

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/3/2009 11:39:53 PM
Author: lilmissrugger
Remember to breathe, and if you are struggling with a question, move on and come back- staring at the same question for five minutes isn''t going to help, and the answer may come to you when you''re working on another question.

*dust!*
haha, this is exactly what messes me up on tests! hopefully i will remember this advice on Monday

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/3/2009 11:45:44 AM
Author: suchende
Thanks, everyone! I gratefully accept the dust!
emteeth.gif

I have been trying not to cram (been studying a long time, I think I know the material well) so I have been focusing on sleeping well, eating right and going to the gym to try to put myself in a good mental place for the exam.
This is it! You''ve got it!!

Oh, and I have to agree with whoever said to watch your liquid intake. I had to pee so bad that I went to the bathroom in the middle of a section and it really threw me off...but I still did great so don''t drive yourself nuts if you do have to go.

Good luck!
36.gif

suchende

Brilliant_Rock
oh man, i have heard of people wearing depends to the test and to be honest, i thought about it!! but my BFF got me some caffeinated breath strips so i would not have to load up on coffee before the test (so sweet of her!!)

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/3/2009 9:42:37 AM
Author:suchende
*gasps frantically for breath*

Anyone have advice? Commiseration?

only advice i have: not breathing will probably significantly decrease your chances of performing well, so breeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaattttttttthhhhhhhhheeeeeeeee

best of luck to you! you''ve been studying, you''re going to do well! but not if you suffocate
38.gif

major dust!!!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
GOOD LUCK!!!!

Just remember: ALL of the answers are right there in front of you. You just have to choose the correct one.

suchende

Brilliant_Rock
Had salmon for breakfast this morning, have a shopping list of "brain foods" to eat this weekend... Haven, I love that, you''re right, I have all the answers, just need to identify it correctly!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Good luck and lots of dust!!

I''m taking them in September and I''m already stressed! Thank goodness the June exam starts at noon and not at 8am!

A couple tips:
Today, I would probably do a couple sections to pace and time myself, and then I would take it easy on Sunday and relax! If you have any particular problem areas, I would focus on that...if not, focus on logical reasoning because that''s where most of your points come from. Also, since the LR questions are not grouped by passage or game, you don''t have the stress of being flustered with an entire set of confusing questions if you don''t understand one. Also, when you hit reading or logic games sections, scan through to see which games and passages have the most questions and try to do them first! Sometimes, two passages will have 7 questions while another has 5, so you''ll spend the same amount of time reading but rack up a couple more points sooner in case time runs out.

Haven is right...the answers are all right in front of you!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
could luck today!!

*dust*

suchende

Brilliant_Rock
I think possibly well?? The game everyone is complaining about on TLS went will (I think??) I am praying it went well anyway! my BFF said she has a psychic feeling I did better than my boyfriend, so if she''s right, I will be content.

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/9/2009 11:44:34 AM
I think possibly well?? The game everyone is complaining about on TLS went will (I think??) I am praying it went well anyway! my BFF said she has a psychic feeling I did better than my boyfriend, so if she''s right, I will be content.
That''s great! I''m sure you rocked it.

It''s funny my BF and I still don''t know what each other got on the LSAT. We figured knowing each other''s score could only do more harm than good. He''s suuuuuuuuuper competitive and has a slightly fragile ego. So we just assume we got the same score. haha
5.gif

suchende

Brilliant_Rock
thank you so much for asking! i am feeling the love
emteeth.gif

that''s so cute that you won''t tell each other your scores! you met when you were already in school, right? it would be too hard to keep it a secret during the admissions rollercoaster.

K wants me to do better than he did because my GPA is .5 lower than his, and he wants me to be able to go to school in manhattan

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/9/2009 12:03:28 PM

K wants me to do better than he did because my GPA is .5 lower than his, and he wants me to be able to go to school in manhattan
congrats, and AWWWE for the above comment!

suchende

Brilliant_Rock
lol thanks jcar! hopefully it all works out according to his plan for us.

suchende

Brilliant_Rock
UPDATE: I got my score: a 165. I am pretty heart-broken because it won't let me go to the schools I want to go to, but since I can retake I guess I just need to focus and do it again.
emcry.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results