shape
carat
color
clarity

<3 setting, and an introduction

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw that one too! You're also looking at plain solitaires? Oops. I saw that, thought of you, and thought it wasn't what you wanted :X

That's also a really good buy! I think you can even send it straight back to LM to set, and repolish, too!

Did you hear back from the first seller?

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
madelise said:
I saw that one too! You're also looking at plain solitaires? Oops. I saw that, thought of you, and thought it wasn't what you wanted :X

That's also a really good buy! I think you can even send it straight back to LM to set, and repolish, too!

:( yes. The first one she said MAY go up to 7.8 or 7.9 mm, MAYBE, the second one is for a one carat stone - the the plain solitaire is definitely out. I think I'll talk to IDJ tomorrow and get his input, the first seller is in NY which may be a good thing when it comes time to getting the setting to him and getting his opinion.

also, as a side note, I don't think LM deals with his rings once they've been sold off.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
nicstx|1336332197|3188789 said:
madelise said:

:( yes. The first one she said MAY go up to 7.8 or 7.9 mm, MAYBE, the second one is for a one carat stone - the the plain solitaire is definitely out. I think I'll talk to IDJ tomorrow and get his input, the first seller is in NY which may be a good thing when it comes time to getting the setting to him and getting his opinion.

also, as a side note, I don't think LM deals with his rings once they've been sold off.

I wonder if the first seller is guesstimating, or actually had a jeweler check it out?? Boo on the 2nd one :( wasn't meant to be! But designers usually do prefer to be the ones who do the mending and working with their rings. It's after you "ruin it" at another jewelers that they don't want to mess with it again.. I've read a few forums where people send rings back to get polished and whatnot. If I had a designer ring, I'd rather the original designer clean, polish and tighten the prongs than go to a local place and potentially have them snafu the ring :/

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just had a thought: DB is hosted by a sim company.. So there are a lot of rings with sim centers being sold. The rings are made of gold/plat and diamonds though. Would you mind getting one of those? You can just have Yuleteil take out the sim for your new baby? There's one there that I think is very pretty, platinum, around your size, and fits an 8mm center stone? For less than 1k? I don't know how you like halos, though :mad:

How's your center stone search coming along?

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
I think I know which one you're talking about ;-), already considered. I thought about it for a "travel ring" lol - but couldn't bring myself to buy it (also not a huge fan of it from the side).

I initially loved halos, then i tried a bunch on and realized it was a little much for me. I am keeping an eye on that listing though, just cause.

Finding a cheaper setting would be ideal, but it's good to know I have one I love already waiting for me. The two that went up over the last weekend were amazing finds though. I may consider asking Yekutiel to find a stone that would fit the setting :) - i think FF would loooove that.

Mico

Brilliant_Rock

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know the ColorStone section here uses a few eBay vendors that have come through with better quality items.. have you searched there for your setting? I'm wondering that that initial DB link *IS* just as equal in quality to, for say, a LOGR setting, since it's not done by a designer?

Just to clarify: This is a temp setting for just a couple years, right?

I prefer the I diamond. I don't like the H's inclusion. It's just so.. blaring.. at that angle.. in the 3rd photo. It would bother the hell out of me. I can see the I's inclusion, too, but it's not annoying looking.

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
eh, if I got the U113, it would be forever ;-)

I'm going to go lurke in the colored stones forums now... I've avoided it for so long in an effort not to add another obsession :errrr:

xoxo!

Phdecorate

Shiny_Rock
nicstx|1336362745|3189036 said:
Nic

I voted I. I think that sometimes a G seems much whiter than an I but lots of times it doesn't. We were looking at stones the other day and SO could not tell the difference at all between D, G or I. Yes, I know that is him, but I personally am an advocate of you can get more for your money with an I. With a SI2 for that matter as well, if it is the right SI2! I know not everyone feels this way, but that is my opinion. It is too bad you can't see the I, as I think that would reassure you.

My old pear was an I and I felt like it was very white.

Also, don't be haunted by that D. If the guy had shown it to you, but told you it was a F, you would have a different opinion, right? because then a G would have seemed like a F by comparison and so on. If I showed you my old stone (sorry wish I could find pics) and told you it was a G, I can tell you that you wouldn't have said, well it looks too tinted/warm for that.

Go back to the show me the bling forum and look up the 2 ct stones and view the colors. I think that may help reassure you!

Phdecorate

Shiny_Rock
Also, check this one out:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-victor-canera-masterpiece-emilya-halo-meets-gog-h-a.172697/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-victor-canera-masterpiece-emilya-halo-meets-gog-h-a.172697/[/URL]

It is a 1.7 I (vs2 but who's counting) on, I believe, a 5.5 finger.

This is the ring I am getting (minus the donut) and I felt confident in I stones after seeing all her pics. And there are A LOT of pics here!

Hope this helps a little!! ;)) ;)) ;))

audball

Ideal_Rock
I also vote I. Better value for what you're getting it since it's ideal cut it will look plenty white. Particularly on a plain solitaire with no higher colored melee for comparison. My OEC is a J and it looks super white.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
nicstx|1336364895|3189056 said:
eh, if I got the U113, it would be forever ;-)

I'm going to go lurke in the colored stones forums now... I've avoided it for so long in an effort not to add another obsession :errrr:

xoxo!

Okie dokie I understand now. Would the Vatche place you too much over budget, or is it just that $500? If it's only $500, I'd say go for the Vatche. Otherwise you'd be wasting another $900 (if she doesn't "budge" on her price..) on a temp setting. In that case, I'd just say, go for one of those $2-300 plain settings as a temp.. and upgrade when you can. ;))

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
nope, just 500, but mind you his initial budget was 10k which he thought was more than enough before I got involved :loopy: . If the leon worked out it MAY have been forever - I just worried about the durability with a thin band - eh, probably wouldn't have been. I'll probably just get the vatche, but still on the look out for a steal. I have my ebay filter set to notify me with vatche solitaire and vatche 6 prong. :bigsmile:

I'm also going to ask IDJ to do oooone more quick search for an I with flour, and a G stone (i'm likely going to get an I though). I'm really goign to try my hardest to stay in our 15k budget because if I think about it, i'm making him already fo 5k over :/.

IDJ really has been great though, if any of your are considering I would contact them. However, I don't think I would have appreciated them as much if I hadn't tried doing most of this on my own.

ALSO! Side story: I actually thought of you ladies this weekend ;-). We were going to my resident dinner dance so we got to get all fancied up. I broke out my diamond bracelet my parents bought me for graduation (I should put up pics on SMTB), my diamond studs, and to match it up I put on a LARGE costume jewelry ring (comparable to 5ct cushion with 2 side trillions) I somehow inherited (be it from a friend leaving it over, or ... i have no clue where it came from). It was worn on my right ring finger and the whole night people kept asking if we were engaged, so I did a mini photoshoot giggling about showing you guys until I realized I can't post sims.

Bummer.

Have I ever mentioned how happy I am to have a non hostile forum I can actually write this stuff in?

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
nicstx|1336400140|3189207 said:
nope, just 500, but mind you his initial budget was 10k which he thought was more than enough before I got involved :loopy: . If the leon worked out it MAY have been forever - I just worried about the durability with a thin band - eh, probably wouldn't have been. I'll probably just get the vatche, but still on the look out for a steal. I have my ebay filter set to notify me with vatche solitaire and vatche 6 prong. :bigsmile:

I'm also going to ask IDJ to do oooone more quick search for an I with flour, and a G stone (i'm likely going to get an I though). I'm really goign to try my hardest to stay in our 15k budget because if I think about it, i'm making him already fo 5k over :/.

IDJ really has been great though, if any of your are considering I would contact them. However, I don't think I would have appreciated them as much if I hadn't tried doing most of this on my own.

ALSO! Side story: I actually thought of you ladies this weekend ;-). We were going to my resident dinner dance so we got to get all fancied up. I broke out my diamond bracelet my parents bought me for graduation (I should put up pics on SMTB), my diamond studs, and to match it up I put on a LARGE costume jewelry ring (comparable to 5ct cushion with 2 side trillions) I somehow inherited (be it from a friend leaving it over, or ... i have no clue where it came from). It was worn on my right ring finger and the whole night people kept asking if we were engaged, so I did a mini photoshoot giggling about showing you guys until I realized I can't post sims.

Bummer.

Have I ever mentioned how happy I am to have a non hostile forum I can actually write this stuff in?

I understand that you feel like you already extended your budget 'enough', but the way i see it is.. if you buy a temp setting, just because you're going over by $500, then really you're going over that temp setting's cost.. since you have to replace it anyway :/ so I vote no on the DB/ebay finds, unless you actually get a Vatche or another "permanent" setting :)

I'm glad you like IDJ and Yuketiel. I agree, consumers don't "get" how much work great jewelers and vendors do for us until the consumer has attempted it him/herself. It makes all the difference to have a great vendor that acts as your friend when educating and researching for you.. rather than just a salesman that down talks everyone/everything else just so you'll hurry up and buy that "once in a lifetime, this is a deal, and I have 4 other people this afternoon going to look at it!"- types. :razz:

Show us the pics of your bracelet and studs!! :)

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
Phdecorate|1336395465|3189174 said:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-victor-canera-masterpiece-emilya-halo-meets-gog-h-a.172697/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-victor-canera-masterpiece-emilya-halo-meets-gog-h-a.172697/[/URL]

This is the ring I am getting (minus the donut) and I felt confident in I stones after seeing all her pics. And there are A LOT of pics here!

dangit, this is the exact halo I loved when we started on this setting journey. It makes me are bubbly inside... but it's going to be too blingy for my Ering :(. Maybe later when we have money and I can afford to buy other rings, I'll buy one of the sims on DB and have it as my fun ring ;-).

...it's just so pretty!

madelise: I just took some phone pictures of my bracelet here at work... I actually asked the mods to change my name due to the cross references between it and who I am. When that's done I'll post :)

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
nicstx|1336408297|3189299 said:

dangit, this is the exact halo I loved when we started on this setting journey. It makes me are bubbly inside... but it's going to be too blingy for my Ering :(. Maybe later when we have money and I can afford to buy other rings, I'll buy one of the sims on DB and have it as my fun ring ;-).

...it's just so pretty!

madelise: I just took some phone pictures of my bracelet here at work... I actually asked the mods to change my name due to the cross references between it and who I am. When that's done I'll post :)

there's no such thing as too blingy... :naughty: but yay, can't wait to see pics of your bracelet and earrings!

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
Sooooo... I'm hopefully going to (shockingly) be (possibly) out of work tomorrow around 2... that means I might make it to IDJ before they close. Yekutiel has been warned. muhahahahaha :Up_to_something:

audball

Ideal_Rock
nicstx|1336429737|3189540 said:
Sooooo... I'm hopefully going to (shockingly) be (possibly) out of work tomorrow around 2... that means I might make it to IDJ before they close. Yekutiel has been warned. muhahahahaha :Up_to_something:
Ooooooo!!!! :naughty: I hope you do get off early and that it goes well!

Phdecorate

Shiny_Rock
nicstx|1336408297|3189299 said:

...it's just so pretty!

Great minds think alike!! :appl: :appl:

But what did you think of that I stone? That was actually the real reason I sent it to you......

Soooooooooooo excited to hear you may be making a trip tomorrow! Can't wait to find out the details!!

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
stone looked warm in the last photo - but it may have been because of the diamonds in the halo :(

I doubt it'll bother me, I wish I wasn't so fixated on it because it might... and I don't want it to.

p.s. I will take a million pictures, scout's honor

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PICS. PICS. PICS. PICS. PICS! he he he.. Ivanna C. Sumpics.

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
dangit!!! why couldn't you tell me that name when I was changing mine!

i opted for olivejuice... don't judge me, now i'm having a brain storm. Ivanadiamond comes to mind - *sigh*, RSG you can have it if you want, :( so cute

audball

Ideal_Rock
I hope you get to go today!!!

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
:???: me too

my schedule says i'm out at 3 which would REALLY be pushing it... 2 would be ideal. (i know i'm not going to make 1 at this point)

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
ahhh the suspense, i'm not checking out these posts as often as i should and i always feel BEHIND!

I am hoping you get out early enough to go see some bling!! ill be keeping an eye, i don't have work the next 2 days, which means more time on PS!

audball

Ideal_Rock
I hope you got off in time to make it there!

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
Got out at 3, currently en route, emailed IDJ and gave them a heads up. Cross your finger for no traffic... As a side note, its raining. Kill me.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
good luck!!!! I hope you are able to make it without too much traffic. **dust** that you can see some pretties today and maybe come to a final decision!!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's been a few hours!! And it's already 4 here on the west coast! Spill the beans!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's been a few hours!! And it's already 4 here on the west coast! Spill the beans!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results