shape
carat
color
clarity

Question for jewellers about resizing

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/9ct-Gold-Solitaire-Diamond-Ring-Size-N_W0QQitemZ8932041630QQcategoryZ67726QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The picture on this ebay advertisement is something I have seen in sized rings before. Could someone tell me why the ring is twisted like that, is it because the jeweller did not finish off the job properly or is the ring going to always remain twisted for some other reason?

I always wondered if it meant the jeweller should bang the ring in the opposite direction from the way they did when sizing it, e.g. if they removed the diamond and banged the ring from the size flat against a table for instance?

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would one of the pros or people who have seen this before be able to answer please?

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t tell anything from those blurry, out of focus pictures...

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes the pictures are bad. What I am seeing is that the left of the ring band is sticking up in the air and not touching the table whereas the right side of the band is so it looks like the ring has been twisted during resizing or something.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results