shape
carat
color
clarity

Pandora Bracelet questions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m finally getting into this trend, I adore all the charms! Anyway, my wrist is 6.5". What size bracelet would you recommend to have a slightly loose feel when completed, but not falling off loose while being built? I think it will take me a long time to complete one. I''m going with the silver bracelet and gold closure. I already told DH this is my Valentine''s gift, but I plan to get the bracelet first, and let him pick out a charm.

Also, should I buy 2 locks right at the start to stop the beads from sliding? I was thinking I would buy the bracelet and 2 locks and have the Valentine choice charm as "it" for a while. Thanks!
2.gif

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just bought daughter 7.5 and she wears your size, but with all the charms it will be just right. Tried the 7.1 but it would have been too tight. Started with 5 charms and the 7.1 was too small.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m kind of shocked, but the jewelry store person said I needed the 8.8. I had to order it in. I''m second guessing her completely now. The 8.1 seemed a bit small for when it would be full. Or maybe it was an 8.3, I got so confused. They didn''t have an 8.5 for me to try either.
32.gif
Well, I guess I know in a week, and I don''t have to leave the store with it if it really is too big. I ordered 3 charms with it, 2 locks and a gold dangling heart one. Told my husband I''d ordered it, and he said HOW MUCH??? I said expensive.
41.gif
Funny how they agree to things then promptly forget details. I think he thought I ordered all the charms I have bookmarked on my bracelet builder. Ah, no, definitely not...
3.gif

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
Warning : Charm bracelets are addictive!
emwink.gif

I started with Pandora and have several of their charms. I bought the bracelet big thinking the charms would take up a lot of room, but the Pandora charms are on the small side (except for the Murano glass) so it ended up the bracelet was too big and I didn''t wear it. I just gave it to my MIL in fact and she''s very happy with it.
Now I have a Troll bracelet which is nice because you can put anything on it, so I wear both Troll and my old Pandora silver beads. You cannot put Troll on a Pandora bracelet however. The hole for Trollbeads is too small to fit on the Pandora bracelet.
The reason I switched to Troll is because they have an amazing selection of glass beads, way more than Pandora. Plus, I like their whimsical designs. Troll makes some pretty substantial, chunky silver beads as well. They are less dainty than Pandora I think and are just a different look.
My bracelet is in my avatar. This is just one version. I have 20 Troll glass beads which I mix and match!
The one Pandora bead I really want is the cupcake. I think it is adorable!

bebe

Ideal_Rock
welcome to the club, these bracelets are a lot of fun. I have 2, one I completed in 1 day (yep!) and the other is almost full.
I have no idea what size mine were. I have small wrists. But this is what I did. I bought a Troll bracelet, that way I can put both Pandora and Troll
beads on it. It doesn''t work the other way around!
If you google Troll Beads I think you should be able to find their website and I think there is a lot of good info on there about size. But I don''t
know if their size translates to Pandaora''s. Maybe Pandora''s site has the same info.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I''ve recently finished my Pandora. If anyone would like to see pics, let me know
1.gif

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, I''d love to see pics of everyone''s bracelets. I really like the gold closer on the Pandora, and didn''t know about Troll, oh well! I''m thinking I''m going to ask for an 8.5. My daughter caught the bug instantly, and she has just a slightly smaller size wrist. She got the 7.9 which I admit felt a bit tighter than I prefer with 3 charms on it. I don''t intend on doing any Murano for mine. I''m going with a hearts theme. I have it almost completely mapped out it the builder. So fun! I need to look at Troll bracelets now. They don''t sell them in the stores where I live (Canada), whereas the Pandora is easier to find. BTW, my DH is now fine with it, and I think he''s going to surprise me with more charms maybe. I wish there was a way to email the builder. Maybe I should print it out?
31.gif

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Okay, I feel like such a square, but I have to ask: What''s a pandora bracelet? And what''s a troll bracelet?

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
risingsun, please post pics!

glitterata, pandora and troll bracelets are modern charm bracelets. You buy a starter bracelet then buy charms (either sterling, sterling with yellow gold, yellow gold, or murano glass) for it. With pandora, they screw on the end and slide on. With troll, they just slide on. Once you buy a pandora bracelet, you can''t put Troll on it, but you can put pandora on Troll. That''s why I like the Troll starter bracelet - you can put pretty much any brand charm on it. The common brands for these bracelets are: Pandora, Troll, Chamilia, and Biagi. There''s probably more that I don''t know of.

lyra, if you''re already set on buying a pandora bracelet and pandora is more easily available to you in the stores, don''t bother researching Troll. Troll beads will not fit on your bracelet.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Hi diamondsrock~here is a pic of my Pandora! These bracelets are quite addictive
2.gif

Completed Pandora 001 b.jpg

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/29/2009 3:04:13 PM
Author:lyra
I'm finally getting into this trend, I adore all the charms! Anyway, my wrist is 6.5'. What size bracelet would you recommend to have a slightly loose feel when completed, but not falling off loose while being built? I think it will take me a long time to complete one. I'm going with the silver bracelet and gold closure. I already told DH this is my Valentine's gift, but I plan to get the bracelet first, and let him pick out a charm.

Also, should I buy 2 locks right at the start to stop the beads from sliding? I was thinking I would buy the bracelet and 2 locks and have the Valentine choice charm as 'it' for a while. Thanks!
2.gif
I started out with a bracelet, 7.5", I think, with the gold snap closure. I have a very small wrist! I got two clips to go with it. When I started buying beads, it did keeping them from sliding from section to section.

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/31/2009 10:29:40 PM
Author: risingsun
Hi diamondsrock~here is a pic of my Pandora! These bracelets are quite addictive
2.gif
STUNNING!!!! That is one gorgeous bracelet.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marian, I love your bracelet! I have ordered the 2 locks you have right beside your gold safety beads. Does that make sense? Only mine have pink or red stones I think (don''t have them yet). They are going to be locked on the middle section so those beads won''t migrate and just to have a little more "coverage". OMG, you start thinking about wrist coverage here on PS and with these bracelets!!!
31.gif

I printed out the completed version of my bracelet builder and the pages with all the charms and gave it to my oldest daughter to keep. There''s going to be a lot of doubles on my bracelet for symmetry, but at least now my family won''t even have to guess at what I might like.
3.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2009 9:40:08 AM
Author: diamondsrock

Date: 1/31/2009 10:29:40 PM
2.gif
STUNNING!!!! That is one gorgeous bracelet.
Thank you! I had a lot of fun putting it together
1.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2009 4:26:53 PM
Author: lyra
Marian, I love your bracelet! I have ordered the 2 locks you have right beside your gold safety beads. Does that make sense? Only mine have pink or red stones I think (don''t have them yet). They are going to be locked on the middle section so those beads won''t migrate and just to have a little more ''coverage''. OMG, you start thinking about wrist coverage here on PS and with these bracelets!!!
31.gif

I printed out the completed version of my bracelet builder and the pages with all the charms and gave it to my oldest daughter to keep. There''s going to be a lot of doubles on my bracelet for symmetry, but at least now my family won''t even have to guess at what I might like.
3.gif
Thank you for your kind words! When you say locks, do you mean clips? Could you post a pic of what you are getting? Are you getting the heart pattern clips that I have next to my safety chain? If so, I know you will love them. They are very pretty. Mine have the diamond, but I know they come with different stones. You must keep us up to date as you build your bracelet
1.gif
Good for you for sending the wish list to your daughter, too!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/1/2009 7:52:45 PM

Date: 2/1/2009 4:26:53 PM
Author: lyra
Marian, I love your bracelet! I have ordered the 2 locks you have right beside your gold safety beads. Does that make sense? Only mine have pink or red stones I think (don''t have them yet). They are going to be locked on the middle section so those beads won''t migrate and just to have a little more ''coverage''. OMG, you start thinking about wrist coverage here on PS and with these bracelets!!!
31.gif

3.gif
Thank you for your kind words! When you say locks, do you mean clips? Could you post a pic of what you are getting? Are you getting the heart pattern clips that I have next to my safety chain? If so, I know you will love them. They are very pretty. Mine have the diamond, but I know they come with different stones. You must keep us up to date as you build your bracelet
1.gif
Good for you for sending the wish list to your daughter, too!
Yes, the heart ones. My theme is hearts and pink and red stones. You''re right, they''re called clips. It''s going to be so empty!!!
39.gif
I''m getting the all gold dangling heart for the middle. Don''t know if I''ll get any surprises soon or not, since the initial cost is pretty high for mostly silver and no diamonds.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results