shape
carat
color
clarity

Need advice on custom band/ering setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AJKL7476

Rough_Rock
Hello~ New to this site and loving it!
30.gif

I would like to ask you PS-ers for your wise advice/comments/ideas regarding a few questions I have. Recently I received a band my mother once wore back in the 60's. I like the modern look and the contrast in texture. But what I really like is how it appears matte yet at an angle it shimmers. Also, I like the fact that it's not like the typical shiny bands, which are more susceptible to scratches. I've tried searching for a similar ring off the shelf for my fiance, but haven't been successful. Which has led me to the option of having it custom made. Based on the pictures, is this considered a filigree? And does anyone know of a jeweler (preferably in Los Angeles/Orange County, CA) that can duplicate it for me?

My other question is... I already have a simple, 6-prong, solitaire, platinum setting (still searching for the diamond - Thank you Julien, Loreiei, and Dancing Fire for all your help in the other thread!!), which I don't think matches this band. Do you think this design will work on an ering? Or will it dull the look of the diamond? If it does work, is it possible to create this design on the band that I currently have or do I have to get a new one?

I'm all confused regarding which way to go with this... maybe someone can lend me some style direction?

AJKL7476

Rough_Rock
Reposting Q:
Does anyone know a jeweler in the Los Angeles/Orange County area who can duplicate this ring for me? I'm not a professional or anything but I don't think it should be that hard to recreate this design. I took it to a local jeweler last week and he just had a puzzled look. I got a feeling he was going to charge me an arm and a leg. Not to mention, the shop I had went into was just a random one off the street. I'd much rather go to a reputable place, where someone has had first hand experience regarding their service. Thank you!

2_band.jpg

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AJKL
2.gif

I''m sort of a late sleeper...

Anyway, I''m thinking the finish, along with the flat pipe, is pretty masculine. It''s not filigree. I''m not sure what finish that is, but someone could replicate it for you.

AJKL7476

Rough_Rock
Here''s a hand shot. The band is about 4mm and feels like a 5 1/2.

AJKL7476

Rough_Rock
*argh* sorry, having trouble w/ the whole renaming of picures thing.

2_hand.jpg

AJKL7476

Rough_Rock
Hey JulieN!!! I'm glad you found this thread too
1.gif

Oh boy, I should be sleeping but you guys have got me crazy over diamonds and rings!
26.gif

Yeah, now that you mention it, it does look quite masculine. I kind of like that
9.gif

In your opinion, do you think it would look akward on an ering?

AJKL7476

Rough_Rock
Simple and elegant...very nice. Looking at that picture, I'm visualizing that the matte look probably wouldn't compliment the diamond as well as the polished bands.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woman, don't you sleep?!

I actually haven't, yet.

Perhaps it could be resized to fit your fiance, although the finish would have to be reapplied.

AJKL7476

Rough_Rock
hahaha
9.gif
yes, I do sleep but not enough. My work schedule has me waking up at 4am(pst) but I get off at 1:30pm. Why aren't you sleeping? Are you as crazy about rings as I am or just an insomniac?
3.gif

I had thought about that, but a part of me would like to keep the ring as it is. I showed my fiance the ring and he likes it. I just need to find someone who can make it happen.

AJKL7476

Rough_Rock
Do wedding bands and erings HAVE to match? I may be off but I thought the eclectic look was "in"... or maybe it doesn't apply to jewelry? If you have any examples (pics) of ones that don't necessarily match but still look great together - please post!
9.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
No, they do not have to match! (By the way, love your avatar, that thing cracks me up.) When I had my ering made I had a matching wband to wear with it but what I wear MOST often with it is a vintage styled band that has the look of marquise stones in it. That makes it look like I''m wearing pear, round, and marquise stones all at the same time, and I love it.
1.gif

AJKL7476

Rough_Rock
I love Domokun *raaar*
25.gif

Thanks for the reassurance FireGoddess~ After browsing through the pics here it looked like everyone had matching bands w/ rings. I thought I was the oddball. I''m still considering customizing the ering setting w/ the same design as the band. I just wish I could see how it would look before going through with it
40.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m no good at photoshop but there are several people on here that are - perhaps they could do a mockup for you? If they don''t show up here, start a thread in Rocky Talky and maybe they''ll see it there.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results