shape
carat
color
clarity

need a wedding band...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
So, I need a wedding band to wear while I am abroad (it just helps socially). So I figured since I have to buy one anyway, I might as well get the real one and wear it.

I want something with no diamonds, plat or WG, and with some kind of attractive engraving (floral or otherwise). I''d like migrain on the edges, most likely.

I am having no luck finding anything...I searched Pearlman''s and found some things I liked but they were too delicate or had diamonds. There was a Baudry band I liked but it was for men and had too much metal (and was WAY too pricey)

I don''t plan to wear it with my ering, I want something to wear on days when I might be a little rougher on my hands, might be in an area where I don''t want to flash the bling, etc...

Budget= 600 dollars max....less is better.

Ideas? (val?)

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have you checked out www.e-weddingbands.com Many here have bought from them and have been very pleased. Not sure whether they have one''s with engraving, but worth a look. Their prices are great too!! Good luck in your search.
1.gif

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
http://www.e-weddingbands.com/store/50093.html

I like this one, but the price seems a little excessive to me--as does all the stuff about British artisans slaving away...

Am I expecting too much for the money?

thanks for the website kaleigh!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree, $500 for a 14K WG ring no diamonds would be pricy to me. I know Signedpieces has a plain band with milgrain for a pretty good price. i''ll see if I cand find it. You also might consider finding and estate peice where actual labor charges for the handengraving wouldn''t be an issue.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s the link to the SP''s band I was talking about.

12600.jpg

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
that SP one is def. on my list if I decide to go plain...

I am having trouble finding engraved antique pieces.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
honestly, you might try ebay. I don''t usually recommend buying jewelry on there but a few pricescopers have come up with some amazing bargins. If you not spending a large amount, i''d take the risk from a highly regarded seller. I know Blueroses bought a gorgeous antique setting for a stone she inherited for under $250, with engraving and everything.

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE this one:

http://www.billbarnes.com/product.asp?product=1886

Unfort. I am thinking anything at all engraved in the way I seem to be drawn to will be far and away out of my price range...

I''ll keep looking but I may end up going with a classic plat migrain design

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
another:

http://www.billbarnes.com/product.asp?product=7752

once again too expensive, but if anyone has seen a less-expensive version that resembles hand-engraving, that would be fanstastic.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Do you want a wide wedding band? These are 6mm and 8.25mm respectivly:
36005-ST-Angle1%5B1%5D.jpg
37305-ST-Angle1%5B1%5D.jpg

MissAva

Ideal_Rock

1rtposwb.JPG

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I was thinking that if you sent an email to BillBarnes and asked about a narrower width they might be less, since as I said before both are such wide bands.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I hope you get some good news today!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
BR001R-STG.jpg
RT- this a ring that is near and dear to my heart (it was the ring V gave me the first time he proposed when we were 18). It is a very simple design, I don’t know if it would appeal to you but it does come in WG and Plat and the WG is 300$. It is just a thought. Yours Onli 14WG

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm..I actually like that top one. I didn''t know he proposed when you were 18! Must put this in your who''s who thread
2.gif

thanks! I''ll let you know if I hear anything back.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Did you hear anything?

I will post the full list of his maddness when I am home and have all the rings near by...
2.gif

sydneycasandra

Shiny_Rock
rainbowtrout,

to get the look you''re wanting at a reasonable price, why not try something like stuller? I looked at purchasing an engraved (men''s) band from there similar to what it sounds like you want, and I think the price my B&M jeweler quoted me was something like $500 ish, depending on the ring? Good luck!

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
Hi RB,

You can get a white 14kt gold millgrain wedding ring off ebay for around $25-30. If you just want to wear it on holiday or when you are doing jobs that could damage your jewellery. (why pay more, if that''s all you want it for)

Now your ''real wedding ring'' is a different thing! I would be happy spending more money on that!

BTW.....i have just bought a second hand engraved antique style 18k gold wedding band off ebay, for when i am on holiday or doing jobs. Set me back $21 plus $3 to ship to the UK!

I honestly wouldn''t spend too much money on this..... just my 0.2c

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Oooooh, Fay Cullen has a bunch that look like your style! They seem to be mostly out of your pricerange, but if you want to follow Blod''s advice...then maybe for your real wedding band?
31.gif
This one is from here but there are a ton of similar ones on there!

faycullen_swirly.jpg

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
Hi guys
35.gif

I've been in a frenzy of trying to finish everything this last week, so I just saw your replies now...

Let's see:

Blod, the idea was that this would actually be my real wedding ring. I'd considered getting a cheapie, but I talked about it with FI and since I won't be able to wear my ering for 9 months, I'd like to have the "real" wedding band to wear. Which is why I wanted something nice but not flashy--and not YG. Plat and WG havent caught on there yet so they assume white jewelry is cheap (i.e. not worth stealing)

My grandmother left me a very nice diamond band when she passed away that I will inhereit when we get married, so I will make that my "fancy" wedding band. So ladies, I ADORE some of the diamond filigree stuff you are showing me but I simply cannot justify it! Engraving on solid metal was a way for me to have the antique "look" and a more durable ring.

Matty: They wrote me back and said no, they only come in the one width. Ah, well, I do love that 6mm gold one.

Scintillating, I actually looked at that very estate band--sadly it's too big for me. I am hoping one in my size will pop up in the next few months. I'm also really considering that 3mm one from e-wedding bands that a few of you have put up.

Something else FI reminded me to consider is that he very much wants to have this verse from Ruth engraved in Hebrew on the inside of the bands. So I have to check with e-wedding rings for how much the hebrew engraving would cost.

Honestly, right now I am caught between a nice, classic plat milgrain with the engraving in Hebrew on the inside, or a more ornate WG engraved ring. Thank you so much for all these great options!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results