shape
carat
color
clarity

need a wedding band...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
oh, and another consideration is that he is making noises about how he wants the wedding bands to be the same metal, etc, etc, it''s all symbolic and such--and he is demanding platinum
20.gif
and simply won''t hear of any diamonds or engraving on HIS wb (silly goose).

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/2/2006 3:51:43 PM
Author: rainbowtrout
oh, and another consideration is that he is making noises about how he wants the wedding bands to be the same metal, etc, etc, it''s all symbolic and such--and he is demanding platinum
20.gif
and simply won''t hear of any diamonds or engraving on HIS wb (silly goose).
I think that is sweet...I love it when the husband and wifes wedding band matches it is so romantic. Style options, once you find the perfect one you can price hunt it!
Classic Comfort Fit
Milgrain Comfort Fit
Milgrain Comfort Fit
Indented Plat band
Tacori Carved Band---RT Pick
ArtCarved Satin Milgrain (My favorite!)
Ten Diamond Band this one has diamonds hidden in the sides so it looks manly, but still has a little sparkle for you!

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
ooooh...I'm liking the Artcarved one. That price, though! *choke* I shall price hunt. The Tacori is lovely too, but he arched an eyebrow at the engraving.

Well, at least I don't have to get his for awhile, that makes it feel like I am spending a bit less money...
2.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
The Art carved one can be had for less...I know my local jeweler said that for couples who buy both they will do a discount and free engraving and that sort of thing. Also you might consider driving to a state with out sales tax, that would save you some money too.

"AC Forever Warranty
Your ArtCarved wedding band, designed and crafted to exacting quality standards is warranted against imperfection in design, materials or workmanship FOREVER. Any ArtCarved wedding ring not meeting these standards will be repaired or replaced without charge. Your ring must be sent to ArtCarved by BillBarnes.com in order for this warranty to be valid. If any party other than ArtCarved has worked on your ring, the warranty is null and void.
If your ring finger size ever changes, ArtCarved will re-size or replace your ArtCarved wedding band free of charge FOREVER."
The warranty applies to all of their dealers not just BB.

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
lord, I feel like the man here...white gold just isn't good enough for my man!
20.gif
It's sweet, though--and he did spring for the plat for my ering, so I really can't fuss.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I know I nearly choked when I saw that the wedding band I wanted to buy for V was 4300 in his size...yikes! (Luckily when he found out he decided that he was not that fond of it...)

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Forgot to post the pics...blonde moment.

rtpossibleringsforgetotpost.JPG

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
aw, thanks mat. would you mind posting what you are thinking for V?

well, the final word is in. He wants them to match, be the same metal, and of those relatively simple rings the most "fancy" I can persude him to like is the milgrain comfort fit. Ah well--I suppose it means less money I am tempted to spend. I think I shall go look at bands with him next week after school is over and see if I can get better prices online or in a BM.

I suggested the diamond one and got another "do you really want to fund a war in Africa?" comment. Men!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
After the last one (seen in a local B&M) we have had some changes...so now we are thinking we will buy our bands from Lockes. We are thinking of rounded comfort fit plat bands with no detail. But really we will just have to see...I know he wants to look around some and see what works for both of us.

duriofont

Rough_Rock
Good morning! Have you thought of contacting Quest Jewelers about custom bands? I purchased my diamond from WF and am having it set at Quest and the determining factor was price. Because of feedback and postings from this forum, I feel confident that their (Quest) workmanship is excellent. Customer service is faultless thus far! Anyway, the price of my platinum band was more than 1/2 as much as other quotes. I paid 1200k for both the ering setting and matching band, tiffany knife edge, 2.7 mm on both. Hope this helps.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
RT- I asked V is he got a chance would he go by a take a picture of the band he orignally liked best. I dont know if/when he will get a chance, but he is pretty good about trying. At the very least I am hoping he can get the name of the artisan who was making the ring.
I would say this though, hand made rings that dont use casting or any of that seem to go for much more.

Allright back to studying!

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/2/2006 9:51:39 PM
Author: Matatora
Forgot to post the pics...blonde moment.
I like the second one in the second row that Mat posted. It just seems very.....you rainbowtrout
2.gif
It has that ''antiquey'' feel to it without being elaborate.

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
Whew! haven''t checked this in awhile what with exams and now graduating---anyway, I have surprised myself by settling on a band that was very different from what I thought I wanted. I bought the Elsa Peretti one diamond band off of SP yesterday, it should be here late next week. I managed to get it at some off even the SP price, so I''m feeling pretty happy about the deal.

I''ll be sure to post pics!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results