shape
carat
color
clarity

My Hammered 24K Yellow Gold Bangles

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the only picture ever posted before today on Pricescope of my custom made 24K yellow gold bangle bracelets. This photograph was taken by the jeweler who made them (Grunberger''s in Stamford, Connecticut). Today I finally put the bracelets on and took some photos of my own of them. My nails are an atrocity, but if I had to wait until I had a manicure another year might pass! I have had these for a while!

I will tell you the story of how I wound up having these made, after being disappointed in a Gurhan bangle. I would like to have at least two more made because I think that there should be a bangle that is a size in between the largest and the other two, relatively thin, bangles. I think I need at least one more bangle for a smoothe transition from big to small or small to big. I did wear two of my high karat gold wedding bands with the bracelets and liked the way the rings looked!

Deb
34.gif

AGBFBangles1.jpeg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I first decided to buy some bangle bracelets, I decided to get bracelets designed by Gurhan. I have a lot of his jewelry. I had also looked at bracelets designed by Yossi Harari in person and seen high karat bangles designed by many other people pictured on line. Unfortunately, this bracelet by Yossi Harari was a bit too big! I am sure that some of you who were around when I received this will remember it! It was heavy, but only because it was filled with a non-precious material, I think porcelain. My current bracelets are solid gold.

You can find the old Gurhan Bangle Thread with the original picture of these bangles that was posted here.

Deb
34.gif

AGBFBangles6.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a hand shot with me wearing all five of the bangles and a plain 24K hammered gold wedding band.

Deb
34.gif

AGBFBangles7.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
...another hand shot.

AGBFBangles3.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
...a good look at the bangles!

AGBFBangles4.jpg

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love them, they are so rich looking!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
...and one last shot. I decided to wear a ring I had made in 22K by a woman in Hawaii this time.

AGBFBangles5.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, diamondfan!

Deb
34.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
30.gif
Oh Deb, they are soooo fabulous. Love the wedding band too. They look terrific on you. ENJOY, they are stunning.

sera

Ideal_Rock
OOOOOH! I like those!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love those too. They are beautiful!!!

Linda

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Really really beautiful bracelets! Matches your ring very well! Thanks for sharing, Deb.
(oh yah, trade ya
2.gif
9.gif
)

cheers--Sharon

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty...I love the look of yellow gold!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just beautiful, thank you for sharing the real life pics!
36.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/3/2007 9:08:15 PM
Author: AGBF

Unfortunately, this bracelet by Yossi Harari was a bit too big!

I misspoke here!!! The huge bangle was a blunder made by Gurhan, not by Yossi Harari!

Deborah
34.gif

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I absolutely LOVE those! 24K is so buttery and heavy.... so yummy. Your bangles must weigh a ton.
1.gif

My first engagement ring was 24K and I adored it:

jaalber_copy.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/4/2007 11:47:49 AM
Author: Ninama
My first engagement ring was 24K and I adored it

I adore it, too. What happened to it? I have never been subject to an "upgrade", so I have never lost my initial engagement ring. Is that what happened to you? How long have you been married? What do you wear now? That setting looks quite modern to me!!! At any rate, I love it!

Deb
34.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love the rich color and texture!!!

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/4/2007 3:21:55 PM

Date: 10/4/2007 11:47:49 AM

Author: Ninama

My first engagement ring was 24K and I adored it

I adore it, too. What happened to it? I have never been subject to an ''upgrade'', so I have never lost my initial engagement ring. Is that what happened to you? How long have you been married? What do you wear now? That setting looks quite modern to me!!! At any rate, I love it!

Deb

34.gif

Well, I got it in 1992 or ''93... broke off the engagement in ''94 and kept the ring. Ten years later I was actually using it to keep my next engagement ring - which was inherited and too large - on. I took them both off at work one day to wash off some furniture polish and they were tossed into the garbage with the rags. I didn''t realize they were gone until the next morning and the trash had been hauled away. I''m not married, never have been. I''m wearing a little 3 diamond promise ring, though!
1.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
deb,

the bangles look lovely....and lovely on you no matter which ring you''ve got on!

movie zombie

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those really are beautiful!!! There is something very rich looking about high carat gold.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/4/2007 10:03:31 PM
Author: movie zombie
the bangles look lovely....and lovely on you no matter which ring you''ve got on!

Thanks, MZ, you are a loyal friend; no matter what my hands look like you stand by me!

I do have an update, however. I am in Connecticut for the Columbus Day weekend of 2007 and I dropped in at Grunberger Jewelers with my bangles. (They are the ones who made the bangles.)

I have two 3mm bangles; two 4mm bangles; and one 7mm bangle. Mona and I talked and we agreed that Rupert will make me two 5mm bangles to ease the transistion from 4mm to 7mm. I can imagine that one day I might want two 6mm bangles, too. Or maybe not. Five bangles has had a very nice look. On the other hand, just because I owned seven or nine bangles would not mean I had to wear all of them at once!

So now I have a new project to which to look forward! The new bangles will, of course, match. They will be solid 24K hammered gold.

Deborah
34.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
Oh, my....Deb they''re fabulous!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Thanks so much for sharing them!

widget

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh, yes, you must wear them all at once, deb! in ancient days you would do so to display your high rank......still holds true!

movie zombie

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Excellent decision to have the 5mm. made. And of course wear them altogether!
30.gif

cheers--Sharon

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You three-Sharon, MZ, and widget-have been my partners in crime with high karat yellow gold for a good long time now! I realize that widget has another life, being the queen of colored gems, but I still feel our HKYG sisterhood and its attendant enabling goes way back and seems to be continuing in a most satisfactory and comforting way. Isn't it nice that some things never change? ;-)

Deb, who has been encouraged in this thread to spend thousands
34.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/6/2007 4:38:22 PM

You three-Sharon, MZ, and widget-have been my partners in crime with high karat yellow gold for a good long time now! I realize that widget has another life, being the queen of colored gems, but I still feel our HKYG sisterhood and its attendant enabling goes way back and seems to be continuing in a most satisfactory and comforting way. Isn''t it nice that some things never change? ;-)

Deb, who has been encouraged in this thread to spend thousands
34.gif
HI Deb:

But who can put a price on beauty and comfort? Shine on
1.gif

cheers--Sharon

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
I love your bangles
30.gif
I have been wanting some in yellow gold just like yours but I am having a hard time deciding if yellow gold compliments my skin tone.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/8/2007 9:34:01 AM
Author: Macie
I love your bangles
30.gif
I have been wanting some in yellow gold just like yours but I am having a hard time deciding if yellow gold compliments my skin tone.

Macie-Have you made the ultimate sacrifice and gone into a store that carries some high karat gold bangles to try some on? You might have to go to several different stores and try on bangles by several different designers, of course. I know how painful looking a jewelry can be ;-). Do keep us apprised!!!

PS-I found one designer whose yellow gold looked dreadful on me. There are different tones out there if you are not wed to 24K gold. As soon as you go to 22K or 18K, there are all kinds of different tones. You can definitely get the right one for you if you like yellow. If you just love the way white metal looks against your skin, that is something else, however!

Deb
34.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results