shape
carat
color
clarity

My cameo ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rowan

Shiny_Rock
My hubby got me this for Christmas from Italy.
30.gif

cameo ring 02.jpg

Rowan

Shiny_Rock
Thanks.
21.gif
It's so hard to take close-up pictures. Everything looks exaggerated.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
It''s lovely Rowan.
30.gif

Rowan

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! I have a larger (40mm) pin/pendant that he gave me for my birthday last year. I love them because they are so artistic and no two are alike.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi:

Very pretty faces! I love cameo--elegant, classic pieces. Enjoy!

cheers--Sharon

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful. Very femine.

Do cameos need special care and/or do they hold up well to daily wear?

yellowfan

Brilliant_Rock
Love your cameo. My grandmother has always collected them, mainly as pins. I am curious too, do they hold up well to daily wear? Is yours an antique?

Lori

Rowan

Shiny_Rock
Well, I wouldn''t garden in a cameo ring.
2.gif
They are pretty hardy, but they can scratch, so I''m careful with my ring, though I do wear it a lot. You can get them wet and soapy, but don''t use a harsh cleaner on them. I wear my pin/pendant almost daily and there''s no danger there. I tried to upload a picture but it didn''t work so I''ll have to try it again. Mine are not antique. Cameos are still being carved in Torre Del Grecco, Italy by families who have been doing it for generations. Most of the antique cameos you will see have a more romanesque profile with the straight nose. The more modern ones have the little noses and a lot of them have swirly hair. I like these because the ladies don''t look as formal and I''m a pretty casual person.
5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results