shape
carat
color
clarity

Lost my pendant, but bought a new necklace!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

researcher

Ideal_Rock
On July 3rd I lost my 1.25ct diamond pendant. I was sick to my stomach. It was a gift from my parents for finishing my Master's degree, and I wore it everyday (I literally never took it off). Unfortunately, in my physical therapy appointment (for a car accident I was in last November) I had to remove my necklace. It must have fallen out of my purse or something because when I got home it was gone. I frantically called the PT office, but everyone had gone home. When I called on Wednesday (they were closed on the 4th) no one had turned it in. I put up a $1000 reward, but its now been over 2 weeks and no one has turned it in
39.gif
I even told the people in the PT office that I would up the reward if they recognized my necklace on anyone as I had planned to pass down the necklace to my daughter (assuming I have one some day) when she (or a goddaughter of mine) finishes her master's degree.

Anyway, seeing how depressed I was over the loss my hubby--great guy that he is--said I could have WF make me one. I was telling my friend about it, and she then asked if I was set on a replica pendant or if I would consider a diamond necklace. I told her it depended on the diamond necklace, and she ran into the other room and pulled out a beautiful 4ctw diamond floral necklace. To make a long story short, her hubsband's dad is a jeweler, and the necklace was traded in for an upgraded version (after the woman had it for 3 months). So, I am now the proud owner of a new diamond necklace (or will be as of 3:30 today)!!!

Here's a link to one that looks somewhat similar (although this is a 10ctw version--I wish!): http://www.heavenlytreasures.com/n5988.html

And all I need now is the matching bracelet:

heavenlytreasuresjewelry_1903_2989227

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Wowee!!! That''s lovely and should definitely help you feel better!!! I''m so sorry you lost your pendant. I lost my everyday pendant about 2 months ago and still miss it dearly, but am hoping to replace it, though certainly not with something as lovely as that! ENJOY!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I am very sorry for the loss of your beloved pendant--perhaps it will turn up when you least expect it! Enjoy your new necklace, it looks lovely!

cheers--Sharon

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/19/2006 4:28:10 PM
Author: sumbride
Wowee!!! That''s lovely and should definitely help you feel better!!! I''m so sorry you lost your pendant. I lost my everyday pendant about 2 months ago and still miss it dearly, but am hoping to replace it, though certainly not with something as lovely as that! ENJOY!!!

I''m so sorry for your loss! Is there a thread on it? I''ve been so swamped with work I haven''t been able to post much in the past 6 months or so. What type of pendant are you considering now? I''m still hoping to get a solitaire with a diamond halo, but it will have to wait until my birthday (November) or something now.

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/19/2006 4:45:56 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

I am very sorry for the loss of your beloved pendant--perhaps it will turn up when you least expect it! Enjoy your new necklace, it looks lovely!

cheers--Sharon

Thanks! I''m hoping someone''s conscience will get to them and they''ll turn it in. I''m also considering raising the reward, but I''m worried people will realize the monetary value of the pendant is pretty high (I think it was $3500) and not turn it in for that reason alone. Right now I want them focusing on the sentimental value as well as the cash.

As for the new necklace, I really like how dainty/subtle it looks and that I can wear it daily. My mom has a 7.5ctw diamond tennis necklace that I borrow now and again for special events but obviously that''s too much to wear to the grocery store
9.gif
This necklace just has a hint of sparkle and is thin enough that it doesn''t scream "look at me"! I don''t know why, but I really love the look of diamond florets. Maybe it''s because the first diamond ring I ever owned was WG with two florets set on an angle (I''ll see if I have it at home so I can take a photo of it with my necklace)....

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nan told me about you loosing your necklace, so sorry. I love the new one and hopefully the other one will turn up. One can hope at least. Lisa
1.gif

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/19/2006 5:30:27 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Nan told me about you loosing your necklace, so sorry. I love the new one and hopefully the other one will turn up. One can hope at least. Lisa
1.gif

Thanks, Sweetie. I cried for a day straight, but I''ve come to terms with it now. Although I can''t really think of this as a replacement M.S. graduation gift I do sort of think of it as a Ph.D. gift as I still have my hooding ceremony in August. And maybe now that I''ve got a new necklace the other one will turn up! Fingers crossed!!!
35.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
i''m sorry you lost your necklace too
7.gif
. I hope it will still turn up...

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/19/2006 5:34:56 PM
Author: researcher

Author:
sort of think of it as a Ph.D. gift as I still have my hooding ceremony in August.
HI:

Very cool. I had always meant to congratulate your successful dissertation defense--the Doctor is in!
34.gif
36.gif
You must take pictures and post the sparkle with your gown!

cheers--Sharon

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/19/2006 5:52:29 PM
Author: mrssalvo
i''m sorry you lost your necklace too
7.gif
. I hope it will still turn up...

Thank you! So what''s that I see in your avatar?
30.gif
I''ve missed so much! I think I need to see all the goodies I''ve missed....

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/19/2006 6:03:07 PM
Date: 7/19/2006 5:34:56 PM

Author:
sort of think of it as a Ph.D. gift as I still have my hooding ceremony in August.
HI:

Very cool. I had always meant to congratulate your successful dissertation defense--the Doctor is in!
34.gif
36.gif
You must take pictures and post the sparkle with your gown!

cheers--Sharon

That would be too funny! What would the statement be? "I value diamonds as much as my education"
9.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/19/2006 6:48:38 PM

That would be too funny! What would the statement be? ''I value diamonds as much as my education''
9.gif
There''s nothing wrong with that.
2.gif
When I got my PhD my parents were thinking of buying me a leather briefcase. I said, "I''d rather have a diamond pendant."
5.gif

So sorry to hear you lost your necklace...the replacement looks fab though!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date: 7/19/2006 6:03:07 PM

That would be too funny! What would the statement be? ''I value diamonds as much as my education''
9.gif
HI:

Gosh, are you a psychologist??
3.gif
Just kidding of course. Hmmmm, I think the message is that diamonds are as worthwhile an investment and everlasting as yoiur education.
emthup.gif

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/19/2006 7:19:13 PM
Author: FireGoddess

9.gif
2.gif
When I got my PhD my parents were thinking of buying me a leather briefcase. I said, ''I''d rather have a diamond pendant.''
5.gif
HI:

Too funny Dr. FG!! Dr, dr, dr!! (reminds me of that Chevy Chase movie Ishtar).

Sorry researcher, didn''t mean to hj your thread.....
21.gif

cheers--Sharon

researcher

Ideal_Rock

9.gif

2.gif
When I got my PhD my parents were thinking of buying me a leather briefcase. I said, ''I''d rather have a diamond pendant.''
5.gif

So sorry to hear you lost your necklace...the replacement looks fab though!!

I hear ya on that! However, a diamond studded briefcase I could go for
2.gif

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/19/2006 8:01:57 PM

9.gif

2.gif
5.gif
HI:

Too funny Dr. FG!! Dr, dr, dr!! (reminds me of that Chevy Chase movie Ishtar).

Sorry researcher, didn''t mean to hj your thread.....
21.gif

cheers--Sharon

As someone known for crazy tangents, hj away!
35.gif

researcher

Ideal_Rock
BTW, I just got home from picking up the necklace, and I LOVE it!!! The only thing is I''m considering changing the clasp as it''s too hard for me. But, with that as the only "problem", it''s fabulous! As it''s rather late and I''ve done little work today I don''t know if I''ll get in any neck shots tonight but I''ll see what I can do....

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooo, can''t wait to see the pics...

Kay

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry you lost your special pendant -- I hope it still turns up. I can''t wait to see neck shots of your new necklace.

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Although I could not close the clasp (which made it sit a little off), here's a sample photo of the new necklace. Please ignore my slight sunburn and let me know what you think!

4ctwnecklace2.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

OH MY! It looks wonderful on you--elegant and tasteful. Lovely choice!
30.gif

cheers--Sharon

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/19/2006 9:28:31 PM
HI:

OH MY! It looks wonderful on you--elegant and tasteful. Lovely choice!
30.gif

cheers--Sharon

Thank you; your comment could not be more on target with the look I was hoping to achieve. Now, do you think it will look odd with tanks and capris? I wore my other diamond pendant with everything and plan to do the same with this necklace. Because this is not a flashy necklace or a significant number of carats I think I can pull it off, but it does seem a lot more dressy than a thin gold chain with a pendant.

Thoughts?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh wow...it''s simply amazing...i love, love, it....

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
holy cow woman!!!!!!!!!!!!
That''s amazing.
I love it.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t think it will look too dressy for anything. It''s a tasteful size, classic, and GEORGEOUS! Wear it!
5.gif

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Mrssalvo, Sevens, and Poptart! I''m glad you all like it
1.gif

I just noticed the necklace is also crooked in that photo so you can''t really tell that the florets are graduated. I do love the way it looks. I will have to take another photo when I get a moment tomorrow. If only I didn''t have meetings scheduled all day!
11.gif

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
You look spectacular! I''m sorry about your lost pendant but there''s always a silver lining somewhere, we just have to look for it...

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2006 12:20:06 AM
Author: DiaDiva
You look spectacular! I''m sorry about your lost pendant but there''s always a silver lining somewhere, we just have to look for it...

Thanks! In this case it''s a WG lining with lots of diamonds
31.gif

The best part is my parents love the new necklace and were even kind enough to tell me losing the necklace was the perfect excuse for upgrading. I honestly could not be more fortunate when it comes to family. Because the necklace was not insured (the credit card we were making our insurance payment with expired 6 months ago without our realizing it) I was so worried that everyone would be really upset. But, they all just feel bad because I was so attached to the pendant. In fact, my parents even offered to buy me a replacement! At 30 it''s obviously not their responsibility, but the offer meant so much to me. It really helped to relieve a lot of the guilt I was feeling over losing something so special.

Isn''t it great to have people in your life who understand the importance of jewelry?
1.gif

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Wow Researcher!!! I''ve always wanted a necklace like that. It looks absolutely gorgeous on you!!!
30.gif

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2006 2:33:25 AM
Author: IrishAngel
Wow Researcher!!! I''ve always wanted a necklace like that. It looks absolutely gorgeous on you!!!
30.gif

Thanks, IrishAngel! I do love the necklace and promise it looks even better when it''s sitting straight on my neck so the larger diamonds are in the middle
9.gif
I would definitely purchase one when you get the chance! Even though mine is not that many carats (4ctw) it''s still full of fire and brilliance. And, it''s SOOOO much cheaper going with diamond florets/clusters than solitaires!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results