shape
carat
color
clarity

is this an alternative to soldering?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

purpleshirt

Shiny_Rock
My jeweler told me today he recommends soldering my w-band & e-ring together because of the damage they cause to each other as they move. Will the damage be minimized if I wear a plain comfort fit band in between them? I know it sounds funny, but I'm wondering what people think! For many reasons I'd rather not solder them together, but I definitely would rather do that than cause damage to my rings.

Also, does it look OK, or a bit funny?

Thanks!

100_2292.jpg

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
I know many people get very thin (1-2mm) spacer bands to wear between their rings. Some of them are so thin you can barely see them. I think if you pop "spacer" into the search tool you''ll come up with a lot of examples that people have posted. That would be my preference before soldering.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Unless the diamonds are scratching each other/the other band, it is fine to wear them together. It is hard to tell from that picture, but it appears that they might sit flush w/o the diamonds scratching? If that is the case you should just need a repolish every now and then IMO>

purpleshirt

Shiny_Rock
thank you for the spacer suggestion! that helped.

They do sit flush, but the diamonds in the w-band do come in contact with the prongs on the e-ring. There is no visible damage yet, other than scratching, but I''ve had them less than a month

thanks again
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results