shape
carat
color
clarity

Ideas for resetting my mother''s wedding set

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chickflick

Shiny_Rock
My parents have been divorced for several years and lately my mother has mentioned resetting her rings into a different ring. Going off of memory here, I think there''s a center diamond of around a quarter carat and then about ten diamonds about half that size in the side stones.

How do I start on a project like this? I would really like to do this for her but getting married and paying off our bills before we have kids leaves me with a small budget. She really wants a ring. If I have them set into one ring, in 18K white gold, could I do a small halo ring with the side diamonds around the larger diamond?

Any recommendations on vendors that might do this cheaply? I live in Houston but WF is out of my budget.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice you can offer!! This would be a very special present for my lovely, kind mother.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I think I would start off by taking the ring to some local jewelers in your area and getting their opinions on what options you might have and what the estimated cost would be.

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
I like the idea of taking the center stone and making it into a halo setting w/ the current diamonds. You might need a few more to go around, but it''s hard to say w/o pictures. I think it''s a splended idea. Or you could do the same design but in a pendant?

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
houston gold exchange on dairy ashford and westhemier do wunnerful custom work.

DiaLil

Rough_Rock
C J David off Mason Road in Katy is very good and reasonable price wise.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results