shape
carat
color
clarity

Help identify Tibetan/Indian Silver Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DGC

Rough_Rock
Any idea as to the symbolism or meaning of the pattern?? Origins & whatever...

Resize of my ring.jpg

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not that I'm a scholar of Indian history or anything...but it seems to be just an organic shape. If the first picture is a moon, that is a symbol for a god...which one, I cannot remember right now.

If it were symbolic of something, I would expect a Hindu or Buddhist symbol.

If anything, it reminds me more of Van Gogh's "Starry Night" (or whatever the name is.)

I think, just because a piece of jewelry is from a certain country often associated with "a million gods," we should refrain from exotifying every piece that comes from there. Many pieces of Indian jewelry have social/religious meaning-bangles that married women wear, the steel bangle and maybe a kirpan pendant of Sikhs... but not all jewelry is like that.

DGC

Rough_Rock
Me no Gringo!!!! I''m Russian! And I bought it from an old friend, a Tibetan jewelry dealer in China. I bought lotsa other pretty stone rings for me wife & kidos and relatives. I know this is just a trinket, but I like it & I wear it & I''d really like a Westerner''s opinion, especially if someone''s familiar with Tibetan/Indian patterns & designs! Thanks!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/30/2006 8:34:54 PM
Author: Richard Sherwood
It''s Mexican, for ''you crazy gringo''...
i am still laughing at this
39.gif

enjoy your ring dgc, whatever it means!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results