shape
carat
color
clarity

Expert Opinions Needed on Shaving a ring down

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LBug75

Shiny_Rock
On another forum I asked about a Mondera 2mm comfort fit band. If I can''t find on for cheaper than the price I was quoted I would like to shave down the 6mm Mondera comfort fit band that I already have. My question is can it even be taken from 6mm down to 2mm.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
This may be a silly question but why would you shave down a 6mm ring to a 2mm ring? Why not just pay the $100 for the 2mm ring and keep the 6mm ring as is?
33.gif

LBug75

Shiny_Rock
Yeah, you''re probably right....but I guess I''m weird. The only rings I wear are my wedding rings so in a way I feel like if I keep the 6mm as is it will go to waste. But I did speak with a jeweler last night and he said too that it would be a waste to shave down a 6mm.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would absolutely just get a 2mm comfort band. They''re pretty cheap, especially online. It would definitely be a waste to shave down a 6mm band - what if you want to wear a thick band in a few years or something?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results