shape
carat
color
clarity

Emerald cut keystone with french cut sides?

mimi72

Shiny_Rock
Didn't know if it'd be better to post this on Rocky Talky or here...

Does anyone have a photo of an emerald cut with french cut side stones?

I am about to send my stone to Leon Mege for an upgraded e-ring setting. The stone's a 3.77 ct emerald cut E, SI1. I was thinking of a 5 stone vs 3 stone setting. When talking on the phone to Leon today, I mentioned that I love french cut side stones, but *sigh*, "I guess they don't go with step cuts like emerald cuts". I've mostly seen them paired with cushions, and my most favorite look is FCs with GOG's AVC. To my surprise, Leon said "are you kidding, they are gorgeous with emerald cuts!"

But...I can't find any photos of this pairing...are there any out there that someone can post? Or if is anyone good with photoshop?

I also like this one -->

leon_5stone_stepandround.jpg

mimi72

Shiny_Rock
With 47 views and no replies....I guess that would be a "no"! :wink2:

I did find a few such settings with asschers on another thread. Wish I could attach...computer not cooperating today... :confused:

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I KNOW I've seen emerald center stones pairs with bagettes on either side, but I'm unclear whether bagettes are the same as french cuts or different, but it is a very classic style. I also LOVE the ring you have in your post, where the side stones almost seem cut to compliment the center stone.

mimi72

Shiny_Rock
part gypsy, thanks for your comment. French cuts are very different from baguettes. I am not technical enough to say how, but here's a photo of a cushion center with calibrated french cut sides. I think they have a higher crown, but they are considered step cuts. They are a very old fashioned cut of stone.

r1189_022Ww.jpg

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK I looked it up and looks like bagettes has only 14 facets while french cuts have 49 facets and quite a different table. French cuts are beautiful! I think they would look great with an emerald cut. It does seem like they are not widely available (I know Leon Mege works with them) so that may play into your decision.

mimi72

Shiny_Rock
okay, duh. This is a late reply b/c I just re-read this thread and realized I must have attached the wrong photo to my post above. That ring is a RB, not a cushion, with what looks like step cut sides, not french cut. Just wanted to post the correction.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results